Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pin this on the home changing room door at the WHCS! 13:02 - Jun 17 with 790 viewsdurham_exile

This is the reason that Blackpool, despite their many past Managerial and Directors failings, will curry no favour with me in League One this season.

Quote from their fanzine .........................

"Ah, how we've missed those long trips down to Colchester and Peterborough, going down A roads that you'd never choose to go on at any other time and places that definitely wouldn't be on a list of 'must see' detinations (sic). However, the price for football club mismanagement are trips to Rochdale, Bury, Fleetwood and Burton - places when we were in the Premier League many never thought they'd see us play at again.

True story: When we were promoted at Wembley against Cardiff, the first thing I said to a mate was 'that's the last time we'll have to go to Colchester!'. Sod's Law then that we'll be making the long trip to that town (albeit a new ground) on the opening day of the new season. The U's only narrowly avoided the drop last season and have David Fox amongst their ranks. The opening two home games see Rochdale and Burton make the trip to Bloomfield Road whilst the toughest test in August comes against Sheffield United at Bramhall Lane on the 22nd."

What price Blackpool mirroring Yeovil and achieving successive relegations to League Two!

No club is big enough to have a divine right to survive in either the top flight or Championship - form is temporary, class is permanent.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Pin this on the home changing room door at the WHCS! on 22:54 - Jun 17 with 751 viewsLeadbelly

I've been to Blackpool twice in my life, both times work related. In my opinion it is a first class sh1thole with absolutely no redeeming features. These fanzine tw@ts can shut their holes and stay at home or be very grateful that they are allowed to travel to civilised parts of the world on occasions.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Pin this on the home changing room door at the WHCS! on 13:16 - Jun 18 with 711 viewsburnsieespana

Yes saw U's play at Blackpool few year ago and was my first and last visit. An awful place and can't understand why the Scots hold it in such reverance!
Pin this on the home changing room door at the WHCS! on 17:05 - Jun 18 with 697 viewsBarsidepete

Well that certainly didn't mirror what that other poster, or has it been two, expressing no seeming ill-will toward Colchester.

It's not easy to get from Blackpool to Colchester. Nor Prem to League Two on the trot.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Pin this on the home changing room door at the WHCS! on 22:24 - Jun 18 with 677 viewswessex_exile

Pin this on the home changing room door at the WHCS! on 13:16 - Jun 18 by burnsieespana

Yes saw U's play at Blackpool few year ago and was my first and last visit. An awful place and can't understand why the Scots hold it in such reverance!

Was that when Greg Halford nearly took the net off the frame with a piledriver, or am I mixing northern monkeys with different northern monkeys?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024