Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Fox 19:17 - Jun 30 with 699 viewsDaveWoo

Hi Guys
Crewe fan in peace.
Got David Fox currently training with us. Cant say that he stood at when we played at our place last season - really just after your opinions please - worth signing, strengths, weaknesses...
Cheers
David Fox on 20:06 - Jun 30 with 687 viewsLeadbelly

Hi DW,

Decent player and we tried to keep him. Biggest strength for us was the fact he was an experienced player in a very young side. Generally played a defensive midfield role last season but in his first stint with us a few years back he was more attacking.

I like him as a player and, if we don't sign some experience in midfield, I think we will miss.

Good luck for next season except for the obvious two games!

WB

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

David Fox on 20:26 - Jun 30 with 676 viewsDaveWoo

David Fox on 20:06 - Jun 30 by Leadbelly

Hi DW,

Decent player and we tried to keep him. Biggest strength for us was the fact he was an experienced player in a very young side. Generally played a defensive midfield role last season but in his first stint with us a few years back he was more attacking.

I like him as a player and, if we don't sign some experience in midfield, I think we will miss.

Good luck for next season except for the obvious two games!

WB

Thanks WB -sounds like a good option then, as ours is a very young side too.
Good luck to you guys too - hopefully we both can have a more comfortable end to next season.
Always liked you guys with our 2 clubs sharing a similar ethos re our academies, especially with your new coach - ex Crewe graduate David Wright.
David Fox on 21:18 - Jun 30 with 664 viewsLeadbelly

Our academy is now producing first team players on a regular basis as opposed to occasionally which has been the norm for many years. The fact is it must do so due to the restrictions of FFP. It still has a long way to go to match the production line that Crewe have had for years but I hope David Wright can help with that.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

David Fox on 01:10 - Jul 1 with 640 viewswessex_exile

David Fox on 21:18 - Jun 30 by Leadbelly

Our academy is now producing first team players on a regular basis as opposed to occasionally which has been the norm for many years. The fact is it must do so due to the restrictions of FFP. It still has a long way to go to match the production line that Crewe have had for years but I hope David Wright can help with that.

Totally - party line was that Fox has moved back to the NW to be nearer his family, but I suspect at least a part of that was we weren't able to offer him what he was looking for in a contract, whether that be wages or length. He will be missed, certainly not irreplaceable, but a good catch for Crewe if you sign him DaveW.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024