Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
stop press Happy League registration!! 19:43 - Aug 2 with 2726 viewsmrhappy

We have decided the following for the coming season.

The final day for registration is going to be
Thursday MIDNIGHT the 6th August.
No registrations will be accepted after that.

if we have less than 12 for the premiership- we currently have 10.
Players will be re-elected back in.

This means the order of relegation places last year - will determine if you are lucky enough to stay up.

In line for a return will be Barsidepete first and then Coomster.

If Coomster fails to register the next best in last years division 1 play-offs will get the last spot if available. To add further to the intrigue - as last years play off finalist bluewightexile is no more - the place will go to The Cup winner - Blue4u2- Rule 647 has never been activated before.

So

rscosworth And thenet better get a move on. It all hinges on their beating the deadline.

The decision is final!!!

Cheers
The president. Mr H.

Note: orioriori has quit.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2015 19:53]

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

stop press Happy League registration!! on 19:09 - Aug 3 with 1349 viewsBarsidepete

stop press Happy League registration!! on 09:31 - Aug 3 by mrhappy

OK FOLKS A FINAL DECISION HAS BEEN MADE.

IF RS fails to turn up - he will occupy the bottom relegation place until the end of the season.

which means ONLY 2 will get relegated and everything else will remain the same.

OVER AND OUT.

Only two relegated? Have you been drinking Sepp Happy?

Is RSCO going to be 12th in the table all season just because you have some agenda?

If you want to use the logic of he having gone into administration, I believe the proper protocol in the football league is where that void is filled. But if not, you seemed to to call my 3 down and 4 up a good idea, but then did an about face--and I would have been the first to benefit from an automatic back up.

You're going on the assumption that all those promoted will want to participate the following season (16/17) and that no one who is then in the Premiership will decide to no longer continue.

You're really screwing this league up, Haps.

I'd like to know where MFB is in all this process. Has he become merely your secretary because you're too lazy to run it yourself?

I'm glad I decided to post my Week 1 predictions when I did, if you know what I mean.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

stop press Happy League registration!! on 20:18 - Aug 3 with 1333 viewsgerry_us

stop press Happy League registration!! on 19:09 - Aug 3 by Barsidepete

Only two relegated? Have you been drinking Sepp Happy?

Is RSCO going to be 12th in the table all season just because you have some agenda?

If you want to use the logic of he having gone into administration, I believe the proper protocol in the football league is where that void is filled. But if not, you seemed to to call my 3 down and 4 up a good idea, but then did an about face--and I would have been the first to benefit from an automatic back up.

You're going on the assumption that all those promoted will want to participate the following season (16/17) and that no one who is then in the Premiership will decide to no longer continue.

You're really screwing this league up, Haps.

I'd like to know where MFB is in all this process. Has he become merely your secretary because you're too lazy to run it yourself?

I'm glad I decided to post my Week 1 predictions when I did, if you know what I mean.

Hey Grumpy.
You worked hard for relegation. You should not be deprived of a season in Div. 1
stop press Happy League registration!! on 20:41 - Aug 3 with 1323 viewsBarsidepete

stop press Happy League registration!! on 20:18 - Aug 3 by gerry_us

Hey Grumpy.
You worked hard for relegation. You should not be deprived of a season in Div. 1

I've repeatedly said I'm ok with that.

Happy initially suggested that the two who hadn't registered their interest, two in the Prem, would relinquish their spots to the top 2 relegated? --and as Haps has said he knows TheNet, I said, well, why not just contact him to remind him?

Then he did that. Then he took a poll and I also voted for "relegation" for anyone who doesn't participate. I thought that meant in 16/17 it would mean beginning all over again in D1.

I suggested that with three relegated we could go to 4 up, 3 automatically and 1 via playoffs. He said that was a good idea. Then Haps said, Only 2 will be relegated if it comes to pass there are only 11 in the Premiership. That decision out of the blue.

So by that logic if TheNet had not finally posted officially he was in, we would have had a 10 player Prem with only ONE person relegated?

I'd like to know where to MFB has disappeared to. He doesn't seem to have any input anymore. At least for my 4 years as admin I stood my ground. Implemented some changes like a pick-10 every 3 weeks where PLers could be guest presenters, and the "admin" would cover the other two weeks (12 games), a decent balance, kind of democratic.

Also no default scores unless someone posts that request, what scores they want. And no eligibility for cup competitions if 4 weeks are missed. Happy's son would before that time not been eligible to win the Happy Cup.

By Happy's logic that RSCOSWORTH is technically in the first relegation spot (12th), doesn't it reason to be that RSCO is eligible to begin posting Week 3 if he so decides? And if first time, Week 4, that would keep him in the mix for the Happy Cup?

I'm holding my breath for another new rule implemented before Thursday by JR.

stop press Happy League registration!! on 23:36 - Aug 3 with 1302 viewsmfb_cufc

Right lets get one thing straight THIS THREAD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME. For those who had any doubt I AM ADMINISTRATING THE HAPPY LEAGUE. So do not take any notice of anything previously put on this thread. To put it simply RSCOSWORTH has until 12.00 Saturday 8th August to either register, or post his predictions to count as being registered. If he does that we will have the rightful 12 in the Premier. If he fails to register he will still have a further three weeks to post scores, before being eliminated from all Happy League competitions. In the unlikely event of him not taking part this season, the Premier will run with 11, with only two being relegated.

Hopefully wessex_exile will re-consider, and take his rightful place in the Premier. If he doesn't there will be no replacement. Also if that means the Premier only has 10 members, only one will be relegated.

I hope this makes things clearer with everybody.

mfb

stop press Happy League registration!! on 23:41 - Aug 3 with 1293 viewsBarsidepete

stop press Happy League registration!! on 23:36 - Aug 3 by mfb_cufc

Right lets get one thing straight THIS THREAD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME. For those who had any doubt I AM ADMINISTRATING THE HAPPY LEAGUE. So do not take any notice of anything previously put on this thread. To put it simply RSCOSWORTH has until 12.00 Saturday 8th August to either register, or post his predictions to count as being registered. If he does that we will have the rightful 12 in the Premier. If he fails to register he will still have a further three weeks to post scores, before being eliminated from all Happy League competitions. In the unlikely event of him not taking part this season, the Premier will run with 11, with only two being relegated.

Hopefully wessex_exile will re-consider, and take his rightful place in the Premier. If he doesn't there will be no replacement. Also if that means the Premier only has 10 members, only one will be relegated.

Thank You, M!!

I've gotten in touch with RS and there are complications.

And NO! I don't want to go up because Happy created some new rules out of his arse.

I recommend if need be, 3 down as usual and 4 then up, like D1 4 down and D2 3 up and a playoff winner.

And if Happy has an issue with that, he's on thin ice, because I won't do his book for free then. I agreed to it because he's a friend. But then pay me $7200 per year, JR. That is my standard fee, JR.Haps.

*I have another project that is paying me straight into my account $300 every two weeks. Try me JR. You can then do yourself.

Well done, MFB. Spine is underrated, MFB. You got spine, mate.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2015 23:48]

stop press Happy League registration!! on 23:41 - Aug 3 with 1295 viewsgerry_us

stop press Happy League registration!! on 23:36 - Aug 3 by mfb_cufc

Hoorah, finally crystal clear MFB.
Now let's get on with the serious stuff.
How's about The Usual League?
[Post edited 3 Aug 2015 23:44]
stop press Happy League registration!! on 23:54 - Aug 3 with 1280 viewsBarsidepete

You, MFB, ... and Wessex, and me can run this PL in its facets just fine.

I've said that before.

When even Wessex gets ticked off you know we've reached an impasse with Haps considering himself the queen of it all. You and I have run it for now, what, 6 years? And Wes has a fab Champions League.

We may have to move on. I mean, I frickin fly out out to see the U's play 3-4 times. That's like 4 season tickets if I actually lived there in terms of costs.

stop press Happy League registration!! on 06:47 - Aug 4 with 1257 viewsmrhappy

MFB has now been given full control.

I have taken my place even further upstairs.

I am now on the roof.

You will not hear from me again on the matter.

I hope Wessex and Barsidepete can settle their differences.

I repeat - it's a fun league - let's not spoil that.

We are all grown men - I think !?!
[Post edited 4 Aug 2015 6:48]

Login to get fewer ads

stop press Happy League registration!! on 06:51 - Aug 4 with 1250 viewsBarsidepete

stop press Happy League registration!! on 06:47 - Aug 4 by mrhappy

MFB has now been given full control.

I have taken my place even further upstairs.

I am now on the roof.

You will not hear from me again on the matter.

I hope Wessex and Barsidepete can settle their differences.

I repeat - it's a fun league - let's not spoil that.

We are all grown men - I think !?!
[Post edited 4 Aug 2015 6:48]

MFB, Wessex and I have no issues, Haps. Sorry to disappoint you. None. Cheers.

stop press Happy League registration!! on 07:29 - Aug 4 with 1242 viewsjonestones

I was seriously considering joining the league this year, not so sure now. All this bickering doesn't seem too fun to me, just seems to be turning it into an unhappy league.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2015 7:30]
stop press Happy League registration!! on 09:30 - Aug 4 with 1227 viewsmrhappy

listen - this league has run for 12 years - we are MEN who all have an opinion.

My docker dad would laugh at it - and say a few choice words..........

what are we a bunch of pansies???????

we dont beg anyone.

thats why it is the

THE GREATEST PREDICTION LEAGUE in the world.

and now there is even a plan to steal the title of the league - am I bothered.........

stop press Happy League registration!! on 09:53 - Aug 4 with 1224 viewsthrillseeker

stop press Happy League registration!! on 07:29 - Aug 4 by jonestones

I was seriously considering joining the league this year, not so sure now. All this bickering doesn't seem too fun to me, just seems to be turning it into an unhappy league.

Come on, join in
stop press Happy League registration!! on 09:59 - Aug 4 with 1219 viewsthrillseeker

All I can say is talk about creating a crisis. I am so glad none of you work for the UN, as you would create more conflict than resolve!

mfb - he has taken on the role of administrator and is doing a grand job.

We all predict the results to have some fun so lets stop the bickering and childish threats of 'withdrawals' and get back on track with the fun of the Mr H Prediction League.

The season starts 08 August 2015 so stop spitting out those dummies and just enjoy
stop press Happy League registration!! on 10:39 - Aug 4 with 1212 viewsmrhappy

long live the dockers - real men !

stop press Happy League registration!! on 14:19 - Aug 4 with 1205 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I don't come on here for a couple of weeks and all hell breaks loose!
[Post edited 4 Aug 2015 15:22]

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

stop press Happy League registration!! on 18:50 - Aug 4 with 916 viewsBarsidepete

Jones? Join.

It was all about clarifying rules so there is no confusion.

stop press Happy League registration!! on 20:14 - Aug 4 with 906 viewswessex_exile

stop press Happy League registration!! on 09:59 - Aug 4 by thrillseeker

All I can say is talk about creating a crisis. I am so glad none of you work for the UN, as you would create more conflict than resolve!

mfb - he has taken on the role of administrator and is doing a grand job.

We all predict the results to have some fun so lets stop the bickering and childish threats of 'withdrawals' and get back on track with the fun of the Mr H Prediction League.

The season starts 08 August 2015 so stop spitting out those dummies and just enjoy

Haha - too true, though to be fair all the UN normally do is resolve to create more conflict :-)

I have withdrawn my intention to withdraw (probably explains why I have three demanding kids to feed), so let's make this the plea - Happy League is supposed to be fun, let's keep it that way folks.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

stop press Happy League registration!! on 20:17 - Aug 4 with 903 viewsdurham_exile

stop press Happy League registration!! on 20:14 - Aug 4 by wessex_exile

Haha - too true, though to be fair all the UN normally do is resolve to create more conflict :-)

I have withdrawn my intention to withdraw (probably explains why I have three demanding kids to feed), so let's make this the plea - Happy League is supposed to be fun, let's keep it that way folks.

Excellent peace has broken out!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

stop press Happy League registration!! on 20:25 - Aug 4 with 894 viewsBarsidepete

stop press Happy League registration!! on 20:14 - Aug 4 by wessex_exile

As of course did I, and posted scores.

You lift up the hopes of us who did get relegated, and what a terrific final week that was, full of drama 14/15.

On a side note, how many in D1 now? 14-15?

stop press Happy League registration!! on 23:34 - Aug 4 with 872 viewsmfb_cufc

All 12 Premier members have now registered, so I can now confirm there will be 3 relegated from this league. As for Division One we are still waiting for 4 members from last season to register. Also there is still time for any new members to register, so a decision on how many will be promoted from this league will have to put on hold for time being. With potentially at least 15 members in this league, there could an extra promotion place up for grabs, as every effort will be made to keep the numbers in each league equal.

mfb

stop press Happy League registration!! on 23:38 - Aug 4 with 869 viewsmfb_cufc

You are most welcome to join. Despite what this thread may suggest, this really is a fun league, believe me.

mfb

stop press Happy League registration!! on 23:40 - Aug 4 with 867 viewsBarsidepete

stop press Happy League registration!! on 23:38 - Aug 4 by mfb_cufc

You are most welcome to join. Despite what this thread may suggest, this really is a fun league, believe me.

I hope he does.

And MFB, I'm up for my 3 pick 10s again this term. Assuming you are good with that.

stop press Happy League registration!! on 09:30 - Aug 5 with 844 viewsmrhappy

I will say a PREM of 12 is just right whatever we get in DIV 1

your call though.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2015 9:31]

stop press Happy League registration!! on 17:45 - Aug 5 with 818 viewsmfb_cufc

stop press Happy League registration!! on 09:30 - Aug 5 by mrhappy

I will say a PREM of 12 is just right whatever we get in DIV 1

your call though.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2015 9:31]

Looks like a maximum of 14 in Division One at the moment. If that is the case then 12 in the Premier it will be.

mfb

stop press Happy League registration!! on 00:04 - Aug 6 with 784 viewsmfb_cufc

stop press Happy League registration!! on 23:40 - Aug 4 by Barsidepete

I hope he does.

And MFB, I'm up for my 3 pick 10s again this term. Assuming you are good with that.

No chance. There are a number of members who didn't get to do one last season, who will be offered one first.

mfb

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024