Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
stop press Happy League registration!! 19:43 - Aug 2 with 2727 viewsmrhappy

We have decided the following for the coming season.

The final day for registration is going to be
Thursday MIDNIGHT the 6th August.
No registrations will be accepted after that.

if we have less than 12 for the premiership- we currently have 10.
Players will be re-elected back in.

This means the order of relegation places last year - will determine if you are lucky enough to stay up.

In line for a return will be Barsidepete first and then Coomster.

If Coomster fails to register the next best in last years division 1 play-offs will get the last spot if available. To add further to the intrigue - as last years play off finalist bluewightexile is no more - the place will go to The Cup winner - Blue4u2- Rule 647 has never been activated before.

So

rscosworth And thenet better get a move on. It all hinges on their beating the deadline.

The decision is final!!!

Cheers
The president. Mr H.

Note: orioriori has quit.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2015 19:53]

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

stop press Happy League registration!! on 20:23 - Aug 2 with 1331 viewsBarsidepete

Wow, talk about a precedent.

I see no reason why newly-promoted RSCO and TheNet would not participate. Don't you have TheNet's contact information? You could expedite that caveat.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

stop press Happy League registration!! on 20:39 - Aug 2 with 1335 viewsmrhappy

I have messaged him.

stop press Happy League registration!! on 20:59 - Aug 2 with 1326 viewsdurham_exile

Mr Happy
I thought that the league already had 12 in the Premier Division and 12 in the other league.

please explain!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

stop press Happy League registration!! on 21:07 - Aug 2 with 1303 viewsBarsidepete

stop press Happy League registration!! on 20:59 - Aug 2 by durham_exile

Mr Happy
I thought that the league already had 12 in the Premier Division and 12 in the other league.

please explain!

Up the U's

Happy is working off a technicality that if one has not expressed interest, regardless if one is in the Prem, then he has set a deadline for 6 August to declare.

That could potentially be one of the odder bits of trivia for future PL historians: who was the first ever PLer relegated in consecutive years?

stop press Happy League registration!! on 21:09 - Aug 2 with 1308 viewsgerry_us

stop press Happy League registration!! on 20:59 - Aug 2 by durham_exile

Mr Happy

please explain!

Up the U's

As Barside also made a big announcement about not participating this year it seems a bit strange to reinstate him to the Premier league.
stop press Happy League registration!! on 21:22 - Aug 2 with 1287 viewsBarsidepete

stop press Happy League registration!! on 21:09 - Aug 2 by gerry_us

As Barside also made a big announcement about not participating this year it seems a bit strange to reinstate him to the Premier league.

I was persuaded, even by Happy, to reconsider. This new rule he has implemented caught me by surprise.

I think it will be an non-issue. I can't see RSCOSWORTH and TheNet not participating. MFB had noted previously that the final member total was open until the 15:00 Saturday deadline.

If the Prem total falls short of 12, we could go old-school and have a Boxing Day promotion, but that's not really fair to be able to carry Division One points over and all of a sudden potentially being in first place.

How and why this new wrinkle was created, reckon we'll have to wait for the answer.

It's not as if I hadn't joked about battling it out with you for the wooden spoon. D1 is not exactly chopped liver. No shame in being there.

stop press Happy League registration!! on 21:41 - Aug 2 with 1271 viewsmrhappy

Since the Boxing Day promotion demise.

This rule - albeit a fairly new one - in fact created last night lol- will be enforced.

We must always maintain a 12 strong Premiership and if barsidepete is the first lucky recipient so be it.

It pays not to finish bottom of the prem because you never know!!
[Post edited 2 Aug 2015 21:42]

stop press Happy League registration!! on 21:59 - Aug 2 with 1262 viewsmfb_cufc

Registration as it stands so far.

**Denotes last seasons members who have yet to register for this season yet.

As stated previously those members who have yet to register can alternatively post their Week 1 predictions to count as being registered. This is how it has always been.

mfb

Login to get fewer ads

stop press Happy League registration!! on 22:29 - Aug 2 with 1254 viewsmrhappy

Cheers partner.

stop press Happy League registration!! on 23:26 - Aug 2 with 1243 viewsgerry_us

stop press Happy League registration!! on 21:59 - Aug 2 by mfb_cufc

Registration as it stands so far.

**Denotes last seasons members who have yet to register for this season yet.

As stated previously those members who have yet to register can alternatively post their Week 1 predictions to count as being registered. This is how it has always been.

Can I settle for 9th?
stop press Happy League registration!! on 23:31 - Aug 2 with 1241 viewsmrhappy

The ruling for any future drop outs after this year will be:

3rd bottom re elected
Cup winner
2nd bottom
Bottom
[Post edited 2 Aug 2015 23:34]

stop press Happy League registration!! on 23:42 - Aug 2 with 1228 viewsTheNet

I'll be there ☺
stop press Happy League registration!! on 00:12 - Aug 3 with 1221 viewswessex_exile

Sorry, the Prediction League should be played out by those who want to participate, in the league they finished in at the end of last season, or new players in the basement. If you want to change the rules this late in the day to artificially preserve equilibrium, please count me out - this is the point at which something that should be fun, becomes not.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

stop press Happy League registration!! on 01:19 - Aug 3 with 1217 viewsmrhappy

This is a fun league as you have championed for years.

It will remain so.

stop press Happy League registration!! on 01:21 - Aug 3 with 1216 viewsmrhappy

My new ruling has provoked one response already.

A master stroke methinks.

We await the last prem candidate.

stop press Happy League registration!! on 01:35 - Aug 3 with 1211 viewsmrhappy

Of course - just because we start with 12 is no guarantee we will end with 12.

But in any case any drop outs will immediatly fill one of the relegation slots.

stop press Happy League registration!! on 01:36 - Aug 3 with 1210 viewsmrhappy

And thinking about it - that might be the way to go......mmmmm

In other works if RS fails to show he will immediatly fill the relegation slot....

Maybe I will put it to the vote!!
[Post edited 3 Aug 2015 1:47]

stop press Happy League registration!! on 04:05 - Aug 3 with 1193 viewsBarsidepete

stop press Happy League registration!! on 00:12 - Aug 3 by wessex_exile

Sorry, the Prediction League should be played out by those who want to participate, in the league they finished in at the end of last season, or new players in the basement. If you want to change the rules this late in the day to artificially preserve equilibrium, please count me out - this is the point at which something that should be fun, becomes not.

Wes, it was a blast battling till the end for survival with you and Ori.

Don't drop out because as I said, I don't understand what happened, this new rule.

I'm cool, personally, with being in D1. There is nothing that terrible with 11 in the Prem. Just have it as 3 promoted and 4-7 in the playoffs. That's not rocket science. 9 through 11 relegated and 3 up automatically plus the playoff winner.

So 3 down and 4 up. I think we could all live with that.

stop press Happy League registration!! on 08:47 - Aug 3 with 1176 viewsthrillseeker

stop press Happy League registration!! on 00:12 - Aug 3 by wessex_exile

Sometimes I do wonder whether we are adults
stop press Happy League registration!! on 09:16 - Aug 3 with 1172 viewsmrhappy

stop press Happy League registration!! on 04:05 - Aug 3 by Barsidepete

Wes, it was a blast battling till the end for survival with you and Ori.

Don't drop out because as I said, I don't understand what happened, this new rule.

I'm cool, personally, with being in D1. There is nothing that terrible with 11 in the Prem. Just have it as 3 promoted and 4-7 in the playoffs. That's not rocket science. 9 through 11 relegated and 3 up automatically plus the playoff winner.

So 3 down and 4 up. I think we could all live with that.

good idea.

stop press Happy League registration!! on 09:17 - Aug 3 with 1170 viewsmrhappy

we are in further emergency talks on this folks....its like the Greek bail out.

stop press Happy League registration!! on 09:19 - Aug 3 with 1169 viewsmrhappy

and as my dad said before he died....

if you get any money enjoy and spend it - and don't lose your-sense of humour.

shalom x

stop press Happy League registration!! on 09:31 - Aug 3 with 1165 viewsmrhappy

OK FOLKS A FINAL DECISION HAS BEEN MADE.

IF RS fails to turn up - he will occupy the bottom relegation place until the end of the season.

which means ONLY 2 will get relegated and everything else will remain the same.

OVER AND OUT.

stop press Happy League registration!! on 17:25 - Aug 3 with 1138 viewsburnsieespana

N having participated before can somebody please confirm how I go about predictions when I am not going to be close to a computer? Monday 10th Aug I head to the UK and not back until the 29th ( am seeing a couple of games though!) so that means sats of 15,22 and 29 need to get predictions done. Help!
stop press Happy League registration!! on 18:00 - Aug 3 with 1134 viewsdurham_exile

stop press Happy League registration!! on 17:25 - Aug 3 by burnsieespana

N having participated before can somebody please confirm how I go about predictions when I am not going to be close to a computer? Monday 10th Aug I head to the UK and not back until the 29th ( am seeing a couple of games though!) so that means sats of 15,22 and 29 need to get predictions done. Help!

burnsie - safe journey to UK and enjoy any Col U games that you can get to.

If you have a smartphone or tablet then Local libraries normally offer free Wi-Fi which would allow you to post the all important scorelines. Departmental stores also offer free Wi-Fi and some railway station waiting rooms etc.

"Also Colchester Borough Council (CBC) has teamed up with Arqiva to provide the service in the streets and open spaces.

As well as 30 minutes free access users will also be able to access the council’s online services, Visit Colchester and the Universal Jobmatch service for free at all times.

Paul Smith, councillor for business and resources at CBC, said: “I’m delighted we are launching this scheme. This is a significant step forward for digital services in Colchester.

“Whether waiting for a bus, having a coffee, or on the move you can take advantage of this excellent service.

“Free, fast access to Visit Colchester will be a real benefit to visitors helping them discover all the local attractions the town has to offer while unlimited access to Universal Jobmatch and the council’s services will give residents assistance when they need it most.”

Paul Hellings, director of WiFi at Arqiva, added: “Staying connected when you’re out and about is nothing short of a necessity and demand for WiFi services is only ever increasing. We are pleased to announce the street WiFi is live.”

I believe that would be preferable to picking all 1-1 or 1-0 or 2-1 etc.

Good luck and enjoy the UK break.

Up the U's
[Post edited 3 Aug 2015 18:03]

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024