Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George Moncur 23:20 - Aug 18 with 1621 viewsdurham_exile

Last season TH had a public falling out with Hissyfit who was no loss to the club.

This time however there can be no mistake. Moncur is not only a classy midfield player but also he is a match winner. TH must get him back for the Fleetwood game and end any simmering feud.

He was substituted on Saturday and words were exchanged between manager and player. Get it sorted TH, we need Moncur.

We also need a striker soonest.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

George Moncur on 08:47 - Aug 19 with 1549 viewsjohnnyboy53

Not so sure about a falling out with TH. Reading between the lines it could be a move away?
I sincerely hope not.

Poll: Are we turning the corner?

George Moncur on 11:48 - Aug 19 with 1499 viewswessex_exile

George Moncur on 08:47 - Aug 19 by johnnyboy53

Not so sure about a falling out with TH. Reading between the lines it could be a move away?
I sincerely hope not.

The OMB matchday thread last night was littered with rumour and speculation, but bottom line appears to be someone has come in with an offer that we have to take seriously. Hope not, but that's is always a likely outcome of having youthful potential at a club like Colchester United.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

George Moncur on 13:01 - Aug 19 with 1470 viewsLeadbelly

Whilst I think THs man management skills are questionable I'm not convinced he would not select an important player just for being unhappy at being substituted in a previous game. This is not a Clohessey situation.

I quote from today's EADT;

"George (Moncur) was not available" revealed Humes.
"That's all that needs to be said. He is not injured. We just have to respect the position that George is in, at this moment in time"
"That's all I can say, at this moment in time. That's the position"
With regards to whether Moncur would return, for this Saturday's trip to Fleetwood Town, Humes said "I hope he will be back, yes"
"George is part of this football club, and we will have to see on that, and just respect what is going on at the minute, and go that way"
Asked about the possibility of Moncur being the subject of transfer speculation Humes added "I have no comment on that"

Clarifies nothing but I suspect there is interest from elsewhere.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

George Moncur on 15:04 - Aug 19 with 1424 viewswessex_exile

George Moncur on 13:01 - Aug 19 by Leadbelly

Whilst I think THs man management skills are questionable I'm not convinced he would not select an important player just for being unhappy at being substituted in a previous game. This is not a Clohessey situation.

I quote from today's EADT;

"George (Moncur) was not available" revealed Humes.
"That's all that needs to be said. He is not injured. We just have to respect the position that George is in, at this moment in time"
"That's all I can say, at this moment in time. That's the position"
With regards to whether Moncur would return, for this Saturday's trip to Fleetwood Town, Humes said "I hope he will be back, yes"
"George is part of this football club, and we will have to see on that, and just respect what is going on at the minute, and go that way"
Asked about the possibility of Moncur being the subject of transfer speculation Humes added "I have no comment on that"

Clarifies nothing but I suspect there is interest from elsewhere.

Indeed - if we have a serious offer on the table, maybe even a move up a league, there is no way on earth either we or his agent would risk an injury in a Tuesday night bore-draw vs Oldham Athletic.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

George Moncur on 16:51 - Aug 19 with 1400 viewsmrhappy

sources - inside info - tell me a bid of £350,000 to £500,000 is a consideration, more the latter.

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

George Moncur on 17:07 - Aug 19 with 1396 viewsLeadbelly

George Moncur on 16:51 - Aug 19 by mrhappy

sources - inside info - tell me a bid of £350,000 to £500,000 is a consideration, more the latter.

He's off then!

George Moncur on 20:01 - Aug 19 with 1354 viewsbwildered

Sent to Coventry ! whoops .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

George Moncur on 22:31 - Aug 19 with 1317 viewsdurham_exile

George Moncur on 17:07 - Aug 19 by Leadbelly

He's off then!

I've read nothing here or elsewhere which changes my opinion of the situation.

He was in the shop window against PNE on Sky TV, potential suitors have had the summer to snap him up. Ironically he has not started the season at his best. If we are going to ever achieve anything as a club then players like GM must be retained.

Sadly we are a selling club but let us at least get the best price. Sears went for a song we must start to get true VFM but until the ink is dry on the new contract he remains a Colchester player.

We should be seeking out a striker which more than ever is THE priority.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

George Moncur on 19:09 - Aug 20 with 1216 viewsjonestones

http://m.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/13615441.Moncur_set_to_stay_at_Colchester/

Not definite proof that he is staying, but the next best thing. Gives us something to cling to!
George Moncur on 19:25 - Aug 20 with 1213 viewsLeadbelly

From my seat in pedant's corner..."I'm not going nowhere" is a double negative therefore he is going somewhere. I suspect he means he is staying at Colchester but failed to articulate this information as eloquently as one would have hoped.

George Moncur on 09:32 - Aug 21 with 1149 viewsmrhappy

No guarantee of first team football ......regular.

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

George Moncur on 22:12 - Aug 21 with 1094 viewsdurham_exile

George Moncur on 09:32 - Aug 21 by mrhappy

No guarantee of first team football ......regular.

Moncur would be Number one on my col u team list.

The only decision that TH has to make is who the other 10 will be.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

George Moncur on 22:57 - Aug 21 with 1087 viewsRSCOSWORTH

George Moncur on 22:12 - Aug 21 by durham_exile

Moncur would be Number one on my col u team list.

The only decision that TH has to make is who the other 10 will be.

Up the U's

If fit Walker would be my number one and Eastman my number two.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024