Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Owen Garvan 16:46 - Aug 27 with 971 viewsbwildered

U's sign Owen Garvan to bolster the midfield . Intresting signing, does this admit the midfield lacks some creativity ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Owen Garvan on 17:03 - Aug 27 with 954 viewswessex_exile

Very interesting, given the perception of most is that the defence is paper-thin and we also need goalscorers up front, but he's a talented player with plenty of experience, so I'm okay with that. He's also yet another product of Home Farm, which definitely bodes well.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Owen Garvan on 17:06 - Aug 27 with 954 viewsTheOldOakTree

I know we need two fit strikers (one to warm the bench at home games obviously), we could do with a decent goalkeeper and the fullbacks need sorting out. When did midfield become the centre of attention? In reality you can only buy what is available I suppose.

Does it mean a deal is still floating around for George? If it isn't then there will be even less wages available to attract a goalscorer.

23 goals in 256 games doesn't sound too 'creative' to me that's 4 a season, admittedly against Championship defenders.

All in favour of as many talented players as possible, but if he is creative going forward who is he going to pass to?
[Post edited 27 Aug 2015 17:33]
Owen Garvan on 17:56 - Aug 27 with 921 viewsjonestones

He sounds impressive, BUT we only have him till January.
Owen Garvan on 18:34 - Aug 27 with 911 viewsTheOldOakTree

I think I am correct in saying we have the following midfielders on our wages bill, Edwards, Gilbey, Moncur, Szmodics, Lapslie, Ambrose, Wright, Lawrence, Curtis, Sembie-Ferris and now Garvan, plus a few from the academy. I think that's more midfielders than Man City have!

I hope there are plenty of clubs looking for loan players!
[Post edited 27 Aug 2015 21:45]
Owen Garvan on 00:10 - Aug 28 with 850 viewsLeadbelly

Owen Garvan on 18:34 - Aug 27 by TheOldOakTree

I think I am correct in saying we have the following midfielders on our wages bill, Edwards, Gilbey, Moncur, Szmodics, Lapslie, Ambrose, Wright, Lawrence, Curtis, Sembie-Ferris and now Garvan, plus a few from the academy. I think that's more midfielders than Man City have!

I hope there are plenty of clubs looking for loan players!
[Post edited 27 Aug 2015 21:45]

Can he play as a lone centre forward? If not, why sign him...unless Moncur is on his way?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Owen Garvan on 07:02 - Aug 28 with 835 viewsTheOldOakTree

Owen Garvan on 00:10 - Aug 28 by Leadbelly

Can he play as a lone centre forward? If not, why sign him...unless Moncur is on his way?

It could be that TH has the same problem shopping as Mrs TOOT, she goes out to buy some socks but comes home with two pairs of shoes!
Owen Garvan on 09:23 - Aug 28 with 814 viewsgerry_us

Owen Garvan on 07:02 - Aug 28 by TheOldOakTree

It could be that TH has the same problem shopping as Mrs TOOT, she goes out to buy some socks but comes home with two pairs of shoes!

I hope your wife doesn't read your posts Toot.
If she does perhaps you should think..
Owen Garvan on 10:04 - Aug 28 with 809 viewsLeadbelly

My Ipswich supporting colleague says Garvan was a good player for them but, obviously, that was a while ago.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Login to get fewer ads

Owen Garvan on 12:04 - Aug 28 with 790 viewsTheOldOakTree

Listening to Mr H on the official site we are very close to a yes/no on what would be a good signing in the striker department, with possibly another deal for a forward in the pipeline.

Sounds like Garvan was surplus to requirements at Palace and hoped to get a deal at a higher level, but nothing materialised. Signing until Jan in the hope a bigger club comes calling.

If he showcases his skills and helps us to bag some points along the way it sounds a mutually beneficial deal, akin to a loan. Looking forward to seeing him play as at 27 he should still be able to produce the goods as long as he's fit. Hopefully a cool head to bring the best out of those around him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024