Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for managerial change at the WHCS 09:59 - Sep 2 with 2938 viewsdurham_exile

It is not only the manner of the defeats this season but also the fact that TH has failed to build on last season's performances.

Injuries once again have not helped the cause, but I am concerned about TH's post match and newspaper comments blaming individuals. That is neither good management nor a constructive way to build team spirit or to lead a group of footballers.

The biggest concern is a failure to bring any new strikers to the club. Even Shrewsbury Town managed to loan a striker in the recent transfer window for goodness sake.

Last night's abject defeat was the last straw. I'm sorry to say that TH must go.

Very disappointing start to the season (once again).

Problem is who is likely to come in to take on what clearly is a problem that is far more than skin deep.

Enough said.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 13:31 - Sep 2 with 2033 viewsLeadbelly

P7 W0 L4 D3 F7 A14

We have led for one minute so far this season, have been outscored two to one and have failed to do the basics.

The month of September holds the following fixtures;

Chesterfield A (7th)
Sheffield Utd A (2nd)
Gillingham H (4th)
Swindon A (8th)
Bradford H (16th)

I'd say that's a tough run of games and, sadly, wouldn't be surprised if we enter October without a win.

Last night the manager referred to the players as "soft" and said "were not good enough". He has been bemoaning defensive lapses and poor finishing all season. Perhaps he is doing a great job and the players are simply not up to the task or perhaps there is enough talent in this squad to improve and Humes simply isn't the man to fulfil the potential. Perhaps the truth lays somewhere in the middle.

I've got a season ticket so, barring unforeseen circumstances, will be at every home game for the rest of the season, apart from Millwall when I'm away on holiday. If I didn't have a season ticket I wonder whether I would bother. I accept that Ipswich have been at home on the same day as us recently but the poor attendances can't all be down to that. There is very little positive news coming out of WHCS so why would a casual supporter make the effort?

If the normally positive Durham is now calling for the manager's head we have, perhaps, reached a tipping point. I don't think anyone inside or outside the club could argue that the current situation is anything other than serious. I just hope that those with the ability to bring about change do so before the situation becomes terminal.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 19:43 - Sep 2 with 1984 viewsbwildered

The club managerial staff is entrenched with defenders through ALL levels, yet why is the defence like a open barn door ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 20:31 - Sep 2 with 1975 viewsGate16

Me and Mrs Gate used to have a ritual that we would go to the first game of the season and splash out on a meal in the Corporate section as a treat and it isn't so long ago we were season ticket holders going every week. Haven't been at all this season as neither of us have any enthusiasm for it. Have seen so many games that have had hardly any shots on target and have just had to question the wisdom of paying out £70+ for tickets, travel, refreshments etc when you walk away so uninspired with it all. I don't expect to win every game but you do want a bit of excitement and some goals not the norm of a turgid struggle to break down the opposition and more often than not watching them taking the game to us.
Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 20:38 - Sep 2 with 1962 viewsBarsidepete

TH is not an idiot. He just has nothing to work with. Mr Cowling, please help because it seems you're the manager and why in the world would you want to run this club into the ground? It's not going keep you in high regard with local business people and fans. Will you enjoy seeing 1900 at the WHCS in January?

edit on my part:

are we becoming Blackpool? Is Cowling going to be known as having destroyed our beloved ColU?
[Post edited 2 Sep 2015 20:42]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 21:15 - Sep 2 with 1936 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 20:38 - Sep 2 by Barsidepete

TH is not an idiot. He just has nothing to work with. Mr Cowling, please help because it seems you're the manager and why in the world would you want to run this club into the ground? It's not going keep you in high regard with local business people and fans. Will you enjoy seeing 1900 at the WHCS in January?

edit on my part:

are we becoming Blackpool? Is Cowling going to be known as having destroyed our beloved ColU?

Probably the most clueless and misguided load of rubbish you've ever posted on here Pete. I firmly believe that Robbie Cowling has done a fantastic job in turning Colchester United into a sustainable football club despite dwindling attendances and to compare him to the Blackpool chairman is both ridiculous and insulting.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 21:16 - Sep 2 with 1926 viewsTheOldOakTree

Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 20:38 - Sep 2 by Barsidepete

edit on my part:

I don't think it's fair to say he's got nothing to work with. If you compare the squad to the one Steve Whitton inherited from Mick W#nksworth, Humes is very lucky. Yet I don't remember a feeling of such hopelessness watching Aaron Skelton, Tony Lock, Adrian Coote etc

Facts are that the club is in a much better position with great facilities that can now attract loanees and signings that wouldn't come to Layer Road, so what is the point in walking Zombie-like into relegation? Surely it's in everyone's interest to have a change of manager? It can't be money because there must be many that would jump at the chance of a first step in management.
Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 21:27 - Sep 2 with 1915 viewsTheOldOakTree

Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 21:15 - Sep 2 by RSCOSWORTH

Probably the most clueless and misguided load of rubbish you've ever posted on here Pete. I firmly believe that Robbie Cowling has done a fantastic job in turning Colchester United into a sustainable football club despite dwindling attendances and to compare him to the Blackpool chairman is both ridiculous and insulting.

There was a time when I though Cowling was bad news, he certainly hasn't got everything right, but as the years have passed, I think he's got a lot more right than he has got wrong and his legacy will hopefully see Col U well for many years to come. You cannot possibly do all he has done for the club unless you are heart and soul into it.

Had Humes been a success Cowling would be praised in the same way Heard was for finding Parky. I just hope that he's not too stubborn to admit that it hasn't worked and barring another miracle it's not going to.
Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 21:49 - Sep 2 with 1910 viewsBarsidepete

Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 21:15 - Sep 2 by RSCOSWORTH

So who is to blame, RS? A terrible squad? Our gaffer? The owner?

So is League 2 our level? Someone is to blame. I remember the "glory days" of the Championship. Someone needs to be held accountable.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Login to get fewer ads

Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 23:33 - Sep 2 with 1886 viewsLeadbelly

It has taken a while for me to warm to Mr Cowling but I have. On the whole he has been very positive for the club. I don't think he is to blame for the current situation but then nor, in reality, is Tony Humes.

It probably made perfect sense to promote from within because he was dealing with a known quantity who knew the players and was probably a cheaper option than an external appointment. If it is the case that Humes has been promoted beyond his capability then it's not the first example nor will it be the last. I can't blame him for taking the job. Who wouldn't have done the same in his position?

Assuming this is a case of a job too far then it is vital to that those with the power to effect change acknowledge that the experiment hasn't worked and do something about it before the position becomes irretrievable.

I've heard far wiser people than me say working with young players outside the first team squad is all about performance rather than results. Perform well and results will come. Humes seems to have been effective in this role but, unfortunately, he is now in a results business and it isn't happening for him.

I think I've been consistent over most of his tenure in expressing my doubts about the manager's ability at this level, his tactics and man management skills. (I await being shot down in flames if others find earlier comments to the contrary by yours truly) That being the case I don't think the players are beyond reproach either. Too many basic errors have cost us and need to be cut out. I believe the talent is in the squad to do significantly better than we have seen of late. A change at the helm may help but a bit more pride in the shirt from some is also required. Who wants a relegation on their CV?

I find myself in agreement with many comments by others on this thread that express how I feel more eloquently than I may have done myself. I really enjoy the level of intelligent debate that is the norm on this board. I'll take that as one of the few plus points I can see in the current malaise. Long may it continue...the debate, not the malaise.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2015 23:35]

Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 10:05 - Sep 3 with 1829 viewsdurham_exile

Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 23:33 - Sep 2 by Leadbelly

It has taken a while for me to warm to Mr Cowling but I have. On the whole he has been very positive for the club. I don't think he is to blame for the current situation but then nor, in reality, is Tony Humes.

It probably made perfect sense to promote from within because he was dealing with a known quantity who knew the players and was probably a cheaper option than an external appointment. If it is the case that Humes has been promoted beyond his capability then it's not the first example nor will it be the last. I can't blame him for taking the job. Who wouldn't have done the same in his position?

Assuming this is a case of a job too far then it is vital to that those with the power to effect change acknowledge that the experiment hasn't worked and do something about it before the position becomes irretrievable.

I've heard far wiser people than me say working with young players outside the first team squad is all about performance rather than results. Perform well and results will come. Humes seems to have been effective in this role but, unfortunately, he is now in a results business and it isn't happening for him.

I think I've been consistent over most of his tenure in expressing my doubts about the manager's ability at this level, his tactics and man management skills. (I await being shot down in flames if others find earlier comments to the contrary by yours truly) That being the case I don't think the players are beyond reproach either. Too many basic errors have cost us and need to be cut out. I believe the talent is in the squad to do significantly better than we have seen of late. A change at the helm may help but a bit more pride in the shirt from some is also required. Who wants a relegation on their CV?

I find myself in agreement with many comments by others on this thread that express how I feel more eloquently than I may have done myself. I really enjoy the level of intelligent debate that is the norm on this board. I'll take that as one of the few plus points I can see in the current malaise. Long may it continue...the debate, not the malaise.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2015 23:35]

The discussion here is how does our club move forward.

Undoubtedly the introduction of the Financial Fair Play Regulations (League clubs (60%)limited spending on players plus their share of Football Fortune monies) has hit us hard especially as we have not enjoyed any form of cup run (since Parky was in charge) to boost the coffers.

RC has been a most creditable chairman who has invested much of his own money into the club. He must be fearful that inspite of a new stadium, excellent training facilities and a development squad the club is treading water.

Our problems became somewhat exacerbated when an inexperienced manager was appointed in the form of TH. Colchester survived a third successive relegation battle with the most unbelievable bulldog spirit in the last few games, but that spirit appears to have deserted them so far this season.

I do not think we need to look beyond the need to remove TH from the Manager's job at Colchester to start moving in the right direction. Sadly he is not the answer and unless action is taken quickly then looking at the next 6 fixtures we could be cut adrift at the bottom and then 52 points would look a long way off even though we are still only in September.

Football management is very short term in terms of the need for instant success and there is nothing like a win, at the moment TH cannot buy a win!

Injuries on the current scale are unprecedented and TH is certainly not to blame for that but his failure to secure a striker (any striker) is a major contributor to our current crisis. His public spats with players are neither helpful nor conducive to team spirit and his man management skills at this level are lacking.

As I stated earlier, just who will replace TH is currently unknown. Doogie was working towards his badges but obviously, despite bleeding blue and white, is untested at this level.

Managerial change is necessary though because TH can take the club no further and we do not need another run of abysmal results from which there could be no 4th successive season recovery.

Equally and we are all guilty of looking at former players and seeing how well they are doing at their respective new clubs, there is nothing to be gained by asking what if. They have moved on and so should we.

There is talent in the team, in the squad, but players are not advancing they are regressing under TH. He should fall on his water bottle and let the club move on.

The time for a new manager at the WHCS is now. To delay further will only cause more instability and we do not want to go down to League Two under any circumstances.

Regrettably, as the boo boys would chant" Humes out".

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 11:23 - Sep 3 with 1812 viewsburnsieespana

Durham in my view our problems started when we appointed Dunne as Manager although others will argue Ward was where things started to go wrong.
The fans wanted Boothroyd out because he got results playing a form of football the majority didn't enjoy.
Two injuries in particular have disruppted our start.
Last season Dunne made a striker signing of Holman (never was going to be a success) in desperation as could find anybody else plus Lewington (rejected by D & R as not good enough) as keeper both of whom are still with us but contributing very little.
The list goes on.
Dunne fell out/got rid of several players who now seem to be performimg well. Henderson just one example as has Humes.
Problem is players and football are all about personal views and thankfully we are all different so do not subscribe to your call for Humes to go as we have had too many Managers over last few years.
I want a bit of stability at our football club and if that means relagation, so be it as would give a dose of reality to a good number of our supporters who call for the impossible from a small club likes ours.
Earlier in this post somebody mentioned Steve Whitton and yes, he did a good job in his time and I see elsewhere so many calls for Roy McDonaugh to come back, again yes, he did a good job in his time but, for better or worse football and players have moved on.
Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 11:39 - Sep 3 with 1799 viewsTheOldOakTree

The Financial Fair Play Regulations are all the more reason why things need to be freshened up. Crowds of 5000 mean far more money to spend than those of 3000.

As things are we are in danger of entering an ever decreasing spiral, with gates getting less and less.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2015 13:04]
Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 12:36 - Sep 3 with 1790 viewsTheOldOakTree

Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 11:23 - Sep 3 by burnsieespana

Durham in my view our problems started when we appointed Dunne as Manager although others will argue Ward was where things started to go wrong.
The fans wanted Boothroyd out because he got results playing a form of football the majority didn't enjoy.
Two injuries in particular have disruppted our start.
Last season Dunne made a striker signing of Holman (never was going to be a success) in desperation as could find anybody else plus Lewington (rejected by D & R as not good enough) as keeper both of whom are still with us but contributing very little.
The list goes on.
Dunne fell out/got rid of several players who now seem to be performimg well. Henderson just one example as has Humes.
Problem is players and football are all about personal views and thankfully we are all different so do not subscribe to your call for Humes to go as we have had too many Managers over last few years.
I want a bit of stability at our football club and if that means relagation, so be it as would give a dose of reality to a good number of our supporters who call for the impossible from a small club likes ours.
Earlier in this post somebody mentioned Steve Whitton and yes, he did a good job in his time and I see elsewhere so many calls for Roy McDonaugh to come back, again yes, he did a good job in his time but, for better or worse football and players have moved on.

As you say it's all about opinions, but the notion that stability brings success to football clubs is nonsense.

Yes those who keep there manager for years tend to be more successful, but it doesn't take a genius to work out that they kept their job because they were good in the first place (with the exception of Ferguson).

One thing you can be sure of, is the clubs that do worst are those who hold on to a manager that doesn't have what it takes.

Some managers are great tacticians, some manages are people persons getting the best out of a squad, some managers shout and scream on the touchline, I suspect that the best managers are a bit of each. Sadly to many of us Mr Humes doesn't appear to have any of those qualities in sufficient quantity. Sadly being a nice bloke isn't much help.

When a team gets stuffed 4-0 by minnows, has a week to sort it out, all the coaching staff are ex-defenders and then they send a side out where the back four look like they have never met each other before, people are going to ask questions.

The days of Div 4 at Layer Road are long gone. Colchester is not a small place anymore, United are not small anymore. In 1961 the population of Colchester was around 65,000, in 2001 it was 104,000 within 10 years that had risen to 120,000 and is still rocketing. It is the fastest growing town in Britain. Then there is massive expansion in Tendring and Braintree. It was reported I believe in the Standard that within a few years Colchester would most likely be the size of Portsmouth City (210,000).

We have moved to a new stadium that holds 10,000 and is designed to expand to 18,000, that alone should increase our gate, the recession is over, we have a massively increased potential fan base, attendances are up in football in general, but we manage 3016 crowd on a Saturday. There is something very wrong with that. Now is the time and it is being wasted. Loosing 4-0 to Fleetwood who have a population of 26,000 is all the dose of reality we should need.

Big Roy and Whitton belong in the past and like it or not, so sadly does cosy Div 4 Friday nights at Layer Road. Those sort of sums aren't going to work at WHCS for very long.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2015 12:44]
Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 20:25 - Sep 3 with 1725 viewsGate16

Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 11:39 - Sep 3 by TheOldOakTree

The Financial Fair Play Regulations are all the more reason why things need to be freshened up. Crowds of 5000 mean far more money to spend than those of 3000.

As things are we are in danger of entering an ever decreasing spiral, with gates getting less and less.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2015 13:04]

The Financial Fair Play Regulations are a perfect excuse to under achieve.
How are Fleetwood doing better than us ?
How are Rochdale doing better than us ?
How are Burton doing better than us ?

You won't get more fans in unless there is entertaining football and not the same old same old all the time. A lot of people's patience has run out.
Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 00:44 - Sep 4 with 1688 viewspwrightsknees

Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 20:25 - Sep 3 by Gate16

The Financial Fair Play Regulations are a perfect excuse to under achieve.
How are Fleetwood doing better than us ?
How are Rochdale doing better than us ?
How are Burton doing better than us ?

You won't get more fans in unless there is entertaining football and not the same old same old all the time. A lot of people's patience has run out.

Having previously been a season-ticket holder, for the last four seasons after I had retired, I went to WHCS on a pick and choose match basis. Impressed by our record in the last 10 matches of last season, it seemed to me that we had turned the corner. So I bought a season ticket for this season. So far, nothing but disappointment, of course. We are desperately bad.

The players seem far more obsessed with the technicalities of the game, than they are with winning. The phrase “headless chickens” springs to mind.

It doesn’t matter what style of play you favour — passing game, direct, wing play, counter attack, slow build-up, even hoof-ball - the first objective must be to deliver the ball into the danger-area, in order to create goal-scoring opportunities. We simply do not get the ball into the danger-area often enough. The impression I have drawn so far this season is that the players are so obsessed with the technical side of their game, that they give that priority over getting into threatening positions.

TH should be the man to put this right and develop an attitude of imposing ourselves on the opposition. At the moment, we are allowing our opponents to impose themselves on us, and simply inviting them to dominate.

I am reluctant to compare the situation with the Parky years, because that period is over-hyped. Although ultimately successful, people forget that it took three and a half years with ups and downs and setbacks first. Nevertheless, under Peter Heard and Marie Partner, Parky did what he did without the club ever going into the red. Peter Heard was determined that we would not spend money that we had not got, and would never go into administration like our near neighbours.

Moreover, during Parky’s tenure, there was an optimism and a feel-good factor among the fans and around the town, even when things weren’t going so well. And he did attract some quality players — Fagan, Danns, Garcia, Iwelumo, Cureton, among several others, all without breaking a strict, tight, budget. Today there is nothing but gloom and pessimism.

In another thread, Leadbelly posted that he had heard that TH had lost the dressing room. We cannot know that for certain, of course, but the symptoms are that it is an unhappy club. Our search for strikers has met with a brick wall, with our targets choosing other clubs instead. The football world is a close-knit community and word could have spread that things are not right here, and that influenced those players decisions.

Having been critical of TH last season, I did, at the end of the season , hold my hands up, and say that it looks as if the club has turned the corner, and that he may be the man to manage the club after all. Hence my decision to get a season ticket. Four weeks in to the new season, looking at the results (because they are what matter most), and the abysmal performances, I no longer think TH is the right man.

RC is quite right to follow the same course as Peter Heard, and not spend money that we haven’t got. Nor must he bend or break the fair-play rules. But he must see that a change of manager is needed. Even if he chooses the wrong man (again), things can’t get much worse.

Up The U’s
Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 13:19 - Sep 4 with 1637 viewsLeadbelly

http://www.cu-fc.com/news/article/colchester-united-tony-humes-2669620.aspx

Comments from the man in question. I really don't know what to say other than I'm not sure he's been watching the same games I have.

Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 20:21 - Sep 4 with 1590 viewswessex_exile

Apologies for joining the discussion late chaps, but I suspect I'm going to be rowing against the flow by urging caution, and of course a plea for more time, before looking for a change in manager now.

There is obviously no debate that our performances and results have by and large for the most part have been well below par last season and into this one. However, apart from the occasional catastrophe (e.g. Chesterfield away), we actually finished end of last season very strongly, and a corner seemed to have been turned?

This season is harder to take - starting games poorly, yet finishing games strongly, and all the while cursed with the inevitable bad luck at every turn (particularly injuries and some terrible refereeing decisions). We clearly have the nucleus of a team that should do fairly well in this league, they are at least trying to play the right way, and I am always hopeful that if we catch a break or two and pick up some results, the effect on the confidence of the team will be immeasurable.

To me, therefore, now is definitely not the time for a managerial change...and let's face it, Robbie can't and won't bankroll the ambitions of a 'name' replacement if Tony Humes is cast adrift.

Hence, I have gone for for the "Suck and See" option in Johnny Boy's poll.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 17:36 - Sep 5 with 1528 viewsLeadbelly

Results today did us no favours. Only Crewe below us now with our game in hand at Bramall Lane in ten days time.

After a long period without a game to work on the things we haven't been doing well Mr Hume's better ensure a win at Chesterfield next Saturday otherwise a lot more people will be questioning exactly what he and the players do all week.

Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 00:15 - Sep 6 with 1476 viewspwrightsknees

Oh Joy! Just 6 league games played, and, already, were checking on fellow relegation candidates results. I was, too.

Seems it's going to be a long hard winter!
Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 12:40 - Sep 6 with 1443 viewsdurham_exile

Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 00:15 - Sep 6 by pwrightsknees

Oh Joy! Just 6 league games played, and, already, were checking on fellow relegation candidates results. I was, too.

Seems it's going to be a long hard winter!

PWK - it doesn't have to be like this however.

Humes out.

He seems preoccupied with signing yet another Goalkeeper!

And has spectacularly avoided the far more pressing need for a striker.

I'm sorry but he must go and before we are hopelessly cut adrift at the foot of the table.

up the U's

Durham_exile

Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 18:12 - Sep 6 with 1408 viewsLeadbelly

Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 12:40 - Sep 6 by durham_exile

PWK - it doesn't have to be like this however.

Humes out.

He seems preoccupied with signing yet another Goalkeeper!

And has spectacularly avoided the far more pressing need for a striker.

I'm sorry but he must go and before we are hopelessly cut adrift at the foot of the table.

up the U's

We now have one experienced, fit goalkeeper and an untested 19 year old backup. We also have one fit striker who is also 19 years old.

Swindon have signed two strikers since the transfer window closed. Two more than us and I'm sure our need is greater. They have more money than us i'm sure but come on.

Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 19:00 - Sep 6 with 1399 viewsLeadbelly

Peterborough sacked their manager today after one win in six games. Mention made of poor performances and a young squad not playing to its potential. Food for thought.

Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 20:53 - Sep 6 with 1384 viewsmfb_cufc

Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 19:00 - Sep 6 by Leadbelly

Peterborough sacked their manager today after one win in six games. Mention made of poor performances and a young squad not playing to its potential. Food for thought.

That one win was a fluke against us as well. I never wanted Humes as manager, and he hasn't done anything to make me change my opinion of him. But is he alone responsible for the predicament we find ourselves in yet again? I say no he isn't. I think the person more responsible is Robbie Cowling. He is about the only owner playing this fair play thing strictly to the rules. Because it suits him to put little money into the club. It was totally down to him to get all the high wage earners off the books. Hume's was just the man to do this for him. As for this stupid idea of having a team of all home grown players, it is never going to work. If it does happen we will be playing in non-league, because we will have a mediocre team, as any decent youngsters would be playing for better teams than us. Most of all he is responsible for employing cheap rubbish managers, just because when he employed decent ones, he got his fingers burnt. That is the problem with getting rid of Humes, he will only replace him with another cheap option from the present staff, instead of bringing in somebody from outside the club, that we all yearn for.

mfb

Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 10:50 - Sep 7 with 1322 viewsTheOldOakTree

Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 18:12 - Sep 6 by Leadbelly

We now have one experienced, fit goalkeeper and an untested 19 year old backup. We also have one fit striker who is also 19 years old.

Swindon have signed two strikers since the transfer window closed. Two more than us and I'm sure our need is greater. They have more money than us i'm sure but come on.

Clearly Mr Humes cunning plan has gone straight over your head.

By signing every available midfielder in League 1 we will eventually starve our competitors of any creativity and then make a late bid for the play-offs. Quite simple really.
Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 13:46 - Sep 7 with 1303 viewsLeadbelly

Time for managerial change at the WHCS on 10:50 - Sep 7 by TheOldOakTree

Clearly Mr Humes cunning plan has gone straight over your head.

By signing every available midfielder in League 1 we will eventually starve our competitors of any creativity and then make a late bid for the play-offs. Quite simple really.

Due to advancing years my life is lived, increasingly, in a state of mild bewilderment but the cunning plans of Mr Humes do baffle me more than most things.

I thank you for your explanation. Obvious really.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024