Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
where can i park on boxing day 12:57 - Nov 17 with 1040 viewsejandsj

hi all just thought I would ask where can I park as its full in the col united car parks I will be coming in via the back roads from great horksley
where can i park on boxing day on 13:50 - Nov 17 with 1031 viewsTheOldOakTree

You can park in the Park Ride car park on the other side of the A12. I believe it's £3 but you will need to queue to get a ticket so bring a brolly if it's raining/snowing.

It's a pleasant 10 minute stroll out the far corner of the car park along Boxted Road into United Way.

Enjoy the game, but not too much if you're a Sarfend supporter!

I should also have said you will get out of the Park and Ride much faster that the Col U car park.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2015 13:56]
where can i park on boxing day on 13:58 - Nov 17 with 1025 viewsnoah4x4

£500 on my drive (but free to Santa Claus).
Otherwise I think it is £3 in 'park & ride'.

Park anywhere in the surrounding residential roads and you will risk being towed away. One can also park at the Railway Station and catch the shuttle bus from Bruff Close.
where can i park on boxing day on 15:38 - Nov 17 with 1010 viewsdurham_exile

where can i park on boxing day on 13:58 - Nov 17 by noah4x4

£500 on my drive (but free to Santa Claus).
Otherwise I think it is £3 in 'park & ride'.

Park anywhere in the surrounding residential roads and you will risk being towed away. One can also park at the Railway Station and catch the shuttle bus from Bruff Close.

Looks like our Southend chum will have lots of friends on Boxing Day.

Having sold all 1,700 allotted tickets they have asked for an additional 1,000.

Could be an 8,000 crowd!!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

where can i park on boxing day on 15:32 - Nov 18 with 954 viewsnoah4x4

where can i park on boxing day on 15:38 - Nov 17 by durham_exile

Looks like our Southend chum will have lots of friends on Boxing Day.

Having sold all 1,700 allotted tickets they have asked for an additional 1,000.

Could be an 8,000 crowd!!!!

Up the U's

Yeh Durham, but the railway has just announced that services will be severely disrupted. Trains on the Liverpool Street line will stop at 10pm on Christmas Eve and there will be no train service at all on Christmas Day and Boxing Day. So we will probably see about 1,000 extra cars wandering around the 'Mill Road' housing estates with nowhere to park unless properly directed to the railway station (and then by shuttle bus)and/or to the Park & Ride. But most want to find free parking. Could be a nightmare for local residents. I think parking at these two locations should be totally free on that day and a free shuttle bus to avoid this.

Then on on Sunday December 27 and on Monday December 28 (e.g. Gillingham v U's away), rail services from Colchester will end at Ingatestone and a bus replacement service will operate to Newbury Park underground station for connections to Stratford and Liverpool Street. That mean's more travel and parking problems for those many U's fans heading the MEMS Priestfield Stadium.

Frankly, I am not convinced it is wise holding local derbies on Boxing Day and the New Year equivalent. These games would probably be sell-outs on any normal Saturday when railway engineering work is far less likely. The powers that be should have a rethink.
where can i park on boxing day on 04:14 - Nov 19 with 923 viewsBarsidepete

I have another weird idea. If you drive up, park at the place just north of the rail station where they will wash your car--looking north to your right--you can leave it there--or you could park at Bricklayers but tell the barmaid or barman, the address is Bergholt, that's the main enterance, you will leave your car there. Meaning you will be back for pints after the game. Walking distance to the bus. But you have to be back for pints after the match. That's inside information.

Actually, Mile End Road side to park. Not the front enterance. Mile End road parking area. The busses I think are on Bluffs?? My memory fails me.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2015 4:25]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

where can i park on boxing day on 09:54 - Nov 19 with 907 viewsLeadbelly

where can i park on boxing day on 04:14 - Nov 19 by Barsidepete

I have another weird idea. If you drive up, park at the place just north of the rail station where they will wash your car--looking north to your right--you can leave it there--or you could park at Bricklayers but tell the barmaid or barman, the address is Bergholt, that's the main enterance, you will leave your car there. Meaning you will be back for pints after the game. Walking distance to the bus. But you have to be back for pints after the match. That's inside information.

Actually, Mile End Road side to park. Not the front enterance. Mile End road parking area. The busses I think are on Bluffs?? My memory fails me.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2015 4:25]

Bricklayers doesn't open on Boxing Day.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

where can i park on boxing day on 14:40 - Nov 19 with 896 viewsBarsidepete

where can i park on boxing day on 09:54 - Nov 19 by Leadbelly

Bricklayers doesn't open on Boxing Day.

Would it theoretically be ok to park there?

I gave up on the notion of flying over for the Shrimpers game when it was clear the logistics of coming from Heathrow to Colchester was not possible via the tube and rail. One year I was snowed-in staying at a guest house in Stanway (that was a two month visit) and had to take a taxi to London on the 25th (flight was delayed by three days), which cost a king's ransom with double-fares...

I have to spend Christmas with the family -- actually, in European fashion, I suppose, we celebrate Christmas Eve with pressies and food -- but point being, I couldn't arrive a few days early. I had intended to fly in on Christmas but I'll have to rethink a visit for spring. I so wish this tie had not been scheduled around the holidays. Would have been fun to see Gillingham as well.

Listening via U's Player it is then.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2015 14:44]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

where can i park on boxing day on 15:34 - Nov 19 with 890 viewsnoah4x4

It's hard to park in Bricklayers at anytime. Tiny car park.

Better off in railway station where cheap rates apply Saturdays and off peak. Then catch shuttle bus in Bruff Close.

As Leadbelly has said; Bricklayers is usually closed Boxing Day. Victoria Inn is usually open. The Victoria is also going to open early for fans going to the the sunday Altrincham FA Cup game.
Login to get fewer ads

where can i park on boxing day on 17:11 - Nov 19 with 873 viewsburnsieespana

If properly advertised the Parr & Ride should have a bumper day helping to reduce the losses!
where can i park on boxing day on 17:19 - Nov 19 with 872 viewsLeadbelly

where can i park on boxing day on 14:40 - Nov 19 by Barsidepete

Would it theoretically be ok to park there?

I gave up on the notion of flying over for the Shrimpers game when it was clear the logistics of coming from Heathrow to Colchester was not possible via the tube and rail. One year I was snowed-in staying at a guest house in Stanway (that was a two month visit) and had to take a taxi to London on the 25th (flight was delayed by three days), which cost a king's ransom with double-fares...

I have to spend Christmas with the family -- actually, in European fashion, I suppose, we celebrate Christmas Eve with pressies and food -- but point being, I couldn't arrive a few days early. I had intended to fly in on Christmas but I'll have to rethink a visit for spring. I so wish this tie had not been scheduled around the holidays. Would have been fun to see Gillingham as well.

Listening via U's Player it is then.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2015 14:44]

I've no idea what Fred and Hazel's policy would be but I would check before parking there on the one day of the year they are closed. There are barriers on the car park entrance!

where can i park on boxing day on 22:20 - Nov 19 with 848 viewsnoah4x4

where can i park on boxing day on 17:19 - Nov 19 by Leadbelly

I've no idea what Fred and Hazel's policy would be but I would check before parking there on the one day of the year they are closed. There are barriers on the car park entrance!

There can be barriers in the pub if Hazel is on the warpath.
where can i park on boxing day on 22:25 - Nov 19 with 846 viewsLeadbelly

where can i park on boxing day on 22:20 - Nov 19 by noah4x4

There can be barriers in the pub if Hazel is on the warpath.

I thought you may comment on that!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024