Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Aaron Ramsey cursed? 17:17 - Jan 15 with 921 viewsLeadbelly

Could be.

http://screamer.deadspin.com/aaron-ramsey-cant-stop-killing-famous-people-175294

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Is Aaron Ramsey cursed? on 19:27 - Jan 15 with 906 viewswessex_exile

He makes a compelling and persuasive case - let's hope Sjoke are on their game Sunday, or who could be next!?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Is Aaron Ramsey cursed? on 20:20 - Jan 15 with 897 viewsLeadbelly

Is Aaron Ramsey cursed? on 19:27 - Jan 15 by wessex_exile

He makes a compelling and persuasive case - let's hope Sjoke are on their game Sunday, or who could be next!?

As you know I am a huge fan of Half Man Half Biscuit. One of their songs is entitled "Dead men don't need season tickets", a tale of one unsavoury character trying to secure a recently deceased friend's ST from his grieving widow.

On one fan's website there is a section entitled "Those no longer in need of season tickets". Essentially a list of those people mentioned in HMHB songs who have since shuffled off this mortal coil. It is interesting to note how often those named in a new album often snuff it shortly after release. It's where I found the Aaron Ramsey link.

I do hope I'm not the only one who has entered a workplace celebrity death sweepstake. Pay your entry fee, select a celebrity and first one to depart wins the pot. Somewhat morbid perhaps and troubled " entertainer" Michael Barrymore has let me down badly.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Is Aaron Ramsey cursed? on 22:01 - Jan 15 with 887 viewswessex_exile

Is Aaron Ramsey cursed? on 20:20 - Jan 15 by Leadbelly

As you know I am a huge fan of Half Man Half Biscuit. One of their songs is entitled "Dead men don't need season tickets", a tale of one unsavoury character trying to secure a recently deceased friend's ST from his grieving widow.

On one fan's website there is a section entitled "Those no longer in need of season tickets". Essentially a list of those people mentioned in HMHB songs who have since shuffled off this mortal coil. It is interesting to note how often those named in a new album often snuff it shortly after release. It's where I found the Aaron Ramsey link.

I do hope I'm not the only one who has entered a workplace celebrity death sweepstake. Pay your entry fee, select a celebrity and first one to depart wins the pot. Somewhat morbid perhaps and troubled " entertainer" Michael Barrymore has let me down badly.

Haha - morbid or not, whilst I can't claim we have a celebrity death sweepstake at work, it is a cracking idea. I suspect your choice has a large element of wishful thinking about it, for the same reason I'd probably go for Noel Edmonds or Paul Daniels.

You've reminded me though of a good football joke:
A regular season ticket holder at St James' Park (Newcastle, not Exeter) notices that despite the ground being constantly sold out, the seat next to him is always vacant. All through the autumn months, and into December it remains so. Despite repeated enquiries to the club, he is assured the seat has been sold. Eventually, for the Boxing Day match a bloke arrives to take his seat.
"Where the f'ck have you been?"
"Yeah, sorry about that, my wife bought me a season ticket as a Christmas present..."

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Is Aaron Ramsey cursed? on 13:16 - Jan 31 with 801 viewsTheOldOakTree

Is Aaron Ramsey cursed? on 22:01 - Jan 15 by wessex_exile

Haha - morbid or not, whilst I can't claim we have a celebrity death sweepstake at work, it is a cracking idea. I suspect your choice has a large element of wishful thinking about it, for the same reason I'd probably go for Noel Edmonds or Paul Daniels.

You've reminded me though of a good football joke:
A regular season ticket holder at St James' Park (Newcastle, not Exeter) notices that despite the ground being constantly sold out, the seat next to him is always vacant. All through the autumn months, and into December it remains so. Despite repeated enquiries to the club, he is assured the seat has been sold. Eventually, for the Boxing Day match a bloke arrives to take his seat.
"Where the f'ck have you been?"
"Yeah, sorry about that, my wife bought me a season ticket as a Christmas present..."

After the passing of Wogan, am I the only person to check if Aaron Ramsey scored yesterday?

The deep pocketed lepricorn would have been top of my list in a sweepstake.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-439875/Wogan-celeb-paid-Children-In

I always thought the fact he donated a tie was most touching, I hope it gets him a spot near the furnace.

"I would have done it for nothing" .......ermmm why didn't you then? Or why didn't you donate the fees?

...and at 77, who says there's no such thing as bad karma?

I hope he can now count his money in peace.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024