Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your Long Awaited Away Day... 08:03 - Feb 1 with 2425 viewsSeasideShrimper

Southend fan here, in peace.

As far as I am aware, there are no rail works going on at the moment, so those of you travelling by train should get to Prittlewell station with ease.

Alternatively, if you get the train right through to Southend Victoria, this provides easier access to the town centre, should you need or want to grab a bite to eat.

Parking: if you aren't travelling by train, it is mainly street parking near the ground, although you are able to park in "The Victoria" shopping centre car park (which is located near Southend Victoria train station). Southend High School for Boys also provides parking.

Lunch: It is roughly a 15 minute walk from the ground to the high street (town centre), if you wanted to go to the seafront or the high street itself. There are two McDonalds, a KFC & a Burger King in the high street. However, there is a fish & chip shop right near the ground, opposite the estate agents (near the church entrance). There is also a Toby Carvery (AKA The Bell Pub) on the A127, about a 30 minute walk from the ground.

Drinking: There are two pubs close to the ground, (both are under 5 minutes walk away from the ground). These are The Blue Boar & The Spread Eagle. The Blue Boar is for away fans only on match day, so this pub will be your base up until kick-off. The Spread Eagle is for home fans only on match days. If travelling by train, "The Railway" pub near the exit of Prittlewell station (I think) is open for away fans as well as home fans.

If you wish to know anything else, I'm more than happy to help.

Safe trip to all who are coming down here for the game.
Your Long Awaited Away Day... on 14:31 - Feb 1 with 2396 viewsthrillseeker

Obviously not your average Seaweed fan

Thank you
Your Long Awaited Away Day... on 14:58 - Feb 1 with 2391 viewsMoor_Pinot

Correct Thrillo.

I've posted this before - I lived and worked for 9 years very near Sarfend and it was fine, apart from the estuary dialect! Their fans are alright - far better than many oppositions we face. Nothing against them and was delighted when we both went up into the Championship together.
I'd rather be in their shoes than ours at the moment though.

Up the U's

Moor Pinot

Your Long Awaited Away Day... on 15:51 - Feb 1 with 2382 viewsLeadbelly

There are engineering works on the railway this weekend. For this reason I've decided against a trip to Southend. Make your own enquiries but I don't think trains are going beyond Ingatestone.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Your Long Awaited Away Day... on 15:56 - Feb 1 with 2375 viewsSeasideShrimper

Your Long Awaited Away Day... on 15:51 - Feb 1 by Leadbelly

There are engineering works on the railway this weekend. For this reason I've decided against a trip to Southend. Make your own enquiries but I don't think trains are going beyond Ingatestone.

I stand corrected!

https://www.buytickets.abelliogreateranglia.co.uk/buytickets/combinedmatrix.aspx
Your Long Awaited Away Day... on 16:02 - Feb 1 with 2375 viewsTheOldOakTree

For me it's a friendly rivalry with the bottom feeders, as opposed to serious dislike of all other East Anglian teams (and Wycombe).

I think it's lovely they sing a song about Col U. You know the one that goes "only one team in Essex".

I don't think joy has ever turned to pain so fast as the Paint Pot southern final? when Sam Stockley scored early on at Roots Hall and ran the whole length of the pitch to celebrate with us, only to have Drew Broughton? take the piss a few minutes later as we started shipping goals.

Immense pride for Essex when we both went up, and almost felt sorry for them, when we played them off the pitch at Roots Hall, the next year when they went straight back down.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2016 16:03]
Your Long Awaited Away Day... on 16:12 - Feb 1 with 2365 viewsLeadbelly

Your Long Awaited Away Day... on 15:56 - Feb 1 by SeasideShrimper

I stand corrected!

https://www.buytickets.abelliogreateranglia.co.uk/buytickets/combinedmatrix.aspx

Commuting to London from north of Colchester every day I do keep an eye on what Lesser Anglia have in store. I don't miss many trips to Roots Hall but decided this was one to skip...no pleasure having train trouble on a day off as well.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Your Long Awaited Away Day... on 16:49 - Feb 1 with 2355 viewsdurham_exile

As long as revenge is exacted on Saturday, that's all I am interested in, cant stand them.

Where is JC when you need him.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Your Long Awaited Away Day... on 15:13 - Feb 3 with 2258 viewsAFCMorant

Your Long Awaited Away Day... on 16:49 - Feb 1 by durham_exile

As long as revenge is exacted on Saturday, that's all I am interested in, cant stand them.

Where is JC when you need him.

Up the U's

Ditto, up there with the scum from Portman Road, have hated them since I was about 12 wish them every ill that can befall a football club.
Login to get fewer ads

Your Long Awaited Away Day... on 16:06 - Feb 3 with 2251 viewsBarsidepete

This one is huge.

Seaweed is looking to sneak up into the playoff places while ColU might slip into the inevitable abyss of relegation.

Swindon,
Chesterfield,
at Bury are all imminently winnable.

3 points or 1 at minimum imperative at Scumend.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024