Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have we ever been knocked out of the FA Cup by the team that went on to win it? 16:31 - Feb 10 with 706 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Just something I was thinking about as I think Tottenham are looking really good at the moment and could go all the way.

Anyone know? I'm sure Laitty does!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Have we ever been knocked out of the FA Cup by the team that went on to win it? on 16:57 - Feb 10 with 697 viewsbwildered

West Bromwich Albion beat the U's after a reply and went on to win the FA cup in 1967/68 .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Have we ever been knocked out of the FA Cup by the team that went on to win it? on 23:05 - Feb 10 with 659 viewspwrightsknees

I went to both matches. Jeff Astle dived for their penalty and the ref disallowed a perfectly good U's goal in the first match.

Uniquely, although Astle didn't score at Layer Road (he didn't take the penalty), he did score a couple at the Hawthorns. He is, as far as I'm aware, the only player to score in every round of the FA Cup (from the 3rd round, of course).
Have we ever been knocked out of the FA Cup by the team that went on to win it? on 00:37 - Feb 11 with 650 viewspwrightsknees

Have we ever been knocked out of the FA Cup by the team that went on to win it? on 23:05 - Feb 10 by pwrightsknees

I went to both matches. Jeff Astle dived for their penalty and the ref disallowed a perfectly good U's goal in the first match.

Uniquely, although Astle didn't score at Layer Road (he didn't take the penalty), he did score a couple at the Hawthorns. He is, as far as I'm aware, the only player to score in every round of the FA Cup (from the 3rd round, of course).

And, I believe, that was the season the Jeff Astle scored 3 hat-tricks in 8 days. Never before or since has it happened in the top flight. I leave you googly/techy people to do the research.
Have we ever been knocked out of the FA Cup by the team that went on to win it? on 17:24 - Feb 11 with 625 viewsmrhappy

YES - Charlton got knocked out by us DERBY in 1946 in................the FINAL....it all counts

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

Have we ever been knocked out of the FA Cup by the team that went on to win it? on 17:59 - Feb 11 with 620 viewsBarsidepete

Have we ever been knocked out of the FA Cup by the team that went on to win it? on 17:24 - Feb 11 by mrhappy

YES - Charlton got knocked out by us DERBY in 1946 in................the FINAL....it all counts

Very cool.

In 1872 the London Wanderers, also known as Forest in 1859, won the first FA Cup.

Derby County were formed in 1884, and truly I need to post my Rams 1984 scarf. Just for the 'ek of it. I have a priceless 1984 Centenary scarf.

Happy said he'd fly over and kill me if he ever saw it on eBay

Look, I have a classic Colchester United scarf...

I'll try to change my avatar to my original one of a kind Muppet with the scarf as my avatar. She is a Henson Muppet named "Petra" and I have her. She was a Christmas gift a few years ago -- a few of you know from who...

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024