Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Incognito 15:22 - Feb 11 with 1411 viewsbwildered

News that Teddy Sheringham went to the next Stevenage game after his sacking to see how they reacted,incognito .
Anyone been to a game or anywhere else incognito ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Incognito on 16:57 - Feb 11 with 1394 viewsLeadbelly

I've seen Leeds play away from home numerous times and had to sit/stand in the home areas. Incognito until Leeds have scored but it always turns out I'm not alone!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Incognito on 17:08 - Feb 11 with 1385 viewsBarsidepete

Incognito on 16:57 - Feb 11 by Leadbelly

I've seen Leeds play away from home numerous times and had to sit/stand in the home areas. Incognito until Leeds have scored but it always turns out I'm not alone!

As someone who has probably watched "The Damned United" about a dozen times ...Brilliant film...

that was my exact thought! I was like, should I post that?

Reading fans are notorious for not buying away tickets; Middlesbrough; Forest; more will come to mind. They're waiting to be in a scrap.

Indeed, Leeds. When they make it back up to Prem, and I'm certain sooner rather than later, all games at 12:45 Sunday so supporters can't get sauced up beforehand

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Incognito on 13:34 - Feb 12 with 1315 viewsLeadbelly

Incognito on 17:08 - Feb 11 by Barsidepete

As someone who has probably watched "The Damned United" about a dozen times ...Brilliant film...

that was my exact thought! I was like, should I post that?

Reading fans are notorious for not buying away tickets; Middlesbrough; Forest; more will come to mind. They're waiting to be in a scrap.

Indeed, Leeds. When they make it back up to Prem, and I'm certain sooner rather than later, all games at 12:45 Sunday so supporters can't get sauced up beforehand

As a Leeds fan of long standing I'm certain a return to the PL will be later rather than sooner. It won't happen until we can find ownership that actually gives a s**t about the club rather than buying it with the hope of selling again for a profit

Incognito on 04:56 - Feb 13 with 1278 viewsBarsidepete

Incognito on 13:34 - Feb 12 by Leadbelly

As a Leeds fan of long standing I'm certain a return to the PL will be later rather than sooner. It won't happen until we can find ownership that actually gives a s**t about the club rather than buying it with the hope of selling again for a profit

Totally disagree.

And when Leeds is back up? Must watch tv. It will be extraordinary when the Leadbellies are back up.

The only reason I watch the BPL in the states is Foxes, Nodge, B'muth,... all are on the teley in the US of A every week.

Leeds in the Prem would be spectacular

What drama.

Incognito on 07:00 - Feb 13 with 1275 viewsLeadbelly

Incognito on 04:56 - Feb 13 by Barsidepete

Totally disagree.

And when Leeds is back up? Must watch tv. It will be extraordinary when the Leadbellies are back up.

The only reason I watch the BPL in the states is Foxes, Nodge, B'muth,... all are on the teley in the US of A every week.

Leeds in the Prem would be spectacular

What drama.

So you think Cellini is the man to take Leeds back to the Premier League? Even he doesn't think that.

Believe me, Leeds are closer to relegation than promotion again this season and there is nothing happening at the club that suggests next season will be any different.

Incognito on 13:49 - Feb 13 with 1247 viewsBarsidepete

Incognito on 07:00 - Feb 13 by Leadbelly

So you think Cellini is the man to take Leeds back to the Premier League? Even he doesn't think that.

Believe me, Leeds are closer to relegation than promotion again this season and there is nothing happening at the club that suggests next season will be any different.

I think it's possible.

It's such a marquee club. May only take a couple of signings.

Relegation is practically impossible.

Hoping for your sake that the Peacocks do well Monday.

On national tv stateside we do get Leeds v M'Boro. 3 points would be quite a statement.

Can't take my eyes off this Rangers-Fulham game. 0-3 2nd half. One of our greatest, Clint Dempsey, was a star at the Cottagers. Before then hadn't taken note of FFC.

Two options presently. Sunderland v ManU or QPR v Foolam. Really enjoy the Championship. Next to League 1, that's it.

Back to "Incognito," Mr Happy and I sat in a home section of Ipswich v Norwich That went well ...
[Post edited 13 Feb 2016 14:00]

Incognito on 17:42 - Feb 13 with 1236 viewscarruthers

I went to Ipswich v Wolves not allowed to be with Wolves fans unless I got my ticket from Molineux, so sat with the Ipswich supporters, all was well 'till Wolves scored--------------
Incognito on 18:09 - Feb 13 with 1218 viewspwrightsknees

May 1984, and the Scotland — England match at Hampden Park. Before redevelopment, only one end of Hampden was covered, and, even though it was the national stadium, one end (the covered end) was known as the Rangers end. The open end was known as the Celtic end. I stood with my Scottish friend behind the goal at the Celtic end. I was probably the only Englishman in that stand. As soon as I spoke, of course, my Home Counties accent was immediately spotted. In fairness, all the Scottish fans were great. Some good-natured leg-pulling, of course, but I never felt intimidated.

For the record, it was Gary Lineker’s debut as a second-half sub. And a 1-1 draw. Mark McGee first, then a Tony Woodcock equaliser.
Login to get fewer ads

Incognito on 17:47 - Apr 29 with 960 viewsbwildered

Might be in a seat near you, during our fulfill our obligations tour .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Incognito on 21:08 - Apr 29 with 916 viewswessex_exile

Purely out of academic interest, I did once sit quietly at the back of an evening lecture about a famous Wiltshire monument of somewhat dubious (but probably prehistoric) origin, knowing it was likely that some of my recent investigations there might feature at one point or another. All went well until the lights went up for questions at the end, when I was spotted, outed' by the speaker and invited to contribute to some of the more awkward questions. Turned out to be a very interesting and enjoyable evening as it happens.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Incognito on 21:16 - Apr 29 with 913 viewsLeadbelly

I have no doubt a man of your calibre took it all in your stride.

Incognito on 01:52 - Apr 30 with 883 viewsBarsidepete

Incognito on 17:42 - Feb 13 by carruthers

I went to Ipswich v Wolves not allowed to be with Wolves fans unless I got my ticket from Molineux, so sat with the Ipswich supporters, all was well 'till Wolves scored--------------

You should have seen Happy and me when we attended Ipswich v Norwich. We were going to leap out our seats as Canaries were destroying at Poorman.

As they say, "you had to be there."

The food outside the stad is very good. I'll admit that

Incognito on 07:58 - Apr 30 with 861 viewsdurham_exile

Two matches spring to mind

Colchester at Watford when we won 3-0 Trevor Lee scored a hattrick

Colchester at Millwall (The Den) Trevor Lee scored the winner in a 2-1 win

Both games I was standing in the home section and had to listen to the vilest abuse of TL but had the satisfaction of knowing that he scored and we won.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024