Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New to the Forum! 11:32 - Mar 31 with 1411 viewsMaidstoneU

Been looking in on the forum for a while now and thought I would join for the great escape!
New to the Forum! on 12:34 - Mar 31 with 1398 viewsLeadbelly

Welcome aboard MU.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

New to the Forum! on 12:39 - Mar 31 with 1396 viewsdurham_exile

Brilliant - welcome to the site.

MaidstoneU

I definitely believe that we can pull off the Greatest Escape ever this year.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

New to the Forum! on 12:49 - Mar 31 with 1393 viewsgerry_us

You are very welcome Maidstone. Well remember my time living in Detling, my next door neighbour was Barry Watling, the then manager of Maidstone United during their short flirtation with the Football League. Consequently I refereed many of MU's pre-season friendlies. Did like the ground, Pity about the supermarket now.
Good to see MU on the telly in the FA Cup this year on their plastic pitch. Still look for their results weekly. Promotion to the National league this season?
New to the Forum! on 13:05 - Mar 31 with 1388 viewsMaidstoneU

New to the Forum! on 12:49 - Mar 31 by gerry_us

You are very welcome Maidstone. Well remember my time living in Detling, my next door neighbour was Barry Watling, the then manager of Maidstone United during their short flirtation with the Football League. Consequently I refereed many of MU's pre-season friendlies. Did like the ground, Pity about the supermarket now.
Good to see MU on the telly in the FA Cup this year on their plastic pitch. Still look for their results weekly. Promotion to the National league this season?

Yes, starting to get some more exposure with the cup exploits!

Possibly, although the game against Chelmsford was a set back! But only 5 points off Ebbsfleet with two games in hand!
New to the Forum! on 14:23 - Mar 31 with 1371 viewsBarsidepete

Hey-ya!

Maidstone at St Albans City this Saturday, who are fighting for survival, in 20th.
Ebbsfleet at Hayes & Yeading (19th, just above the drop zone) -- should be an interesting Saturday.

Ebbsfleet (38 gp) 75 pts
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Maidstone United {36) 70
Sutton United (35) 69
Truro City (34) 57
Maidenhead Utd (36) 54
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[Post edited 31 Mar 2016 14:29]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

New to the Forum! on 16:19 - Mar 31 with 1359 viewspwrightsknees

Welcome, MU. Good to have you on board. I just hope that "on board" doesn't refer to a sinking ship.

It's a very tough call, still, but until the arithmetic says otherwise, I shall continue to believe that it will be done.

Up The U's!
New to the Forum! on 17:11 - Mar 31 with 1352 viewsbwildered

Remember the U's being well a truly beaten by the Stones in their sojourn in the league, at the unpictureque Dartford Stadium. Wonder if the shed is still there that many U's fans watch the game from. Forward got a hat trick who for the life of me cannot remember his name, but think Warren Barton was playing right back . U's where by then well and truly heading for the abyss .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

New to the Forum! on 17:29 - Mar 31 with 1345 viewsthrillseeker

We signed a 'nutter' from Maidstone called Tony Sorrel during our Conference days

He was a midfielder and he impressed me in the games he played except for his temper.

I think we got rid of him after about 5 or 6 games due to his indiscipline on the pitch and a great deal of indiscipline off the pitch which must have been severe when you consider the regime during the Conference days
Login to get fewer ads

New to the Forum! on 17:34 - Mar 31 with 1341 viewsgerry_us

Bobby Hunt played a season at Maidstone mid 70's. Think that was just about the end of a remakable career and especially for the U's
New to the Forum! on 18:49 - Mar 31 with 1326 viewswessex_exile

Afternoon Maidstone, welcome to the board. As it happens I was in Maidstone today at our new London & SE office...well, new to Maidstone that is, we were at Rochester Airport for 5 years before that.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

New to the Forum! on 19:28 - Mar 31 with 1320 viewsburnsieespana

Welcome MU and hopefully you will bring us the little bit of luck we need. If we survive will propose we all contribute to a ticket to enable you to watch our first home game of next season!
I worked briefly with Barry Wattling in around 1991.
New to the Forum! on 23:15 - Mar 31 with 1286 viewsjonestones

Welcome Maidstone U.
New to the Forum! on 23:21 - Mar 31 with 1285 viewsjonestones

New to the Forum! on 17:29 - Mar 31 by thrillseeker

We signed a 'nutter' from Maidstone called Tony Sorrel during our Conference days

He was a midfielder and he impressed me in the games he played except for his temper.

I think we got rid of him after about 5 or 6 games due to his indiscipline on the pitch and a great deal of indiscipline off the pitch which must have been severe when you consider the regime during the Conference days

Remember him.

"Soooorrrrreeeeeeelllll - Sorrrrrrreeeeeelllll,
Sorrrrrrreeeeeeellllllll - Soorrrrrrreeeeeeelllll"

He was a fans favourite if I remember rightly. Didn't realise he played so few games for us.
New to the Forum! on 08:24 - Apr 1 with 1260 viewsthrillseeker

New to the Forum! on 23:21 - Mar 31 by jonestones

Remember him.

"Soooorrrrreeeeeeelllll - Sorrrrrrreeeeeelllll,
Sorrrrrrreeeeeeellllllll - Soorrrrrrreeeeeeelllll"

He was a fans favourite if I remember rightly. Didn't realise he played so few games for us.

Indeed.

According the great www.coludata.co.uk website the signed for us on 07 November 1992 but left 18 December 1992 with 8 appearances and 2 goals.

http://www.coludata.co.uk/item.php?frmft=True&pg=player&pd=1012&fsur=Sorrell&fpl

It says he left after a training ground incident. I do recall an incident but I also thought he was involved in a major incident outside of football which is the real reason he was asked to leave.

It was a shame as in the short time he was with us he played excellent. This would appear to be a classic waste of talent
New to the Forum! on 21:04 - Apr 1 with 1234 viewsDaniel

Welcome aboard MU.
New to the Forum! on 20:05 - Apr 5 with 1172 viewsBarsidepete

New to the Forum! on 21:04 - Apr 1 by Daniel

Welcome aboard MU.

Stupid Ebbsfleet.

H & Y 0-5 Ebbsfleet??

Well done at St Albans, MU. Looks like playoffs for you.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

New to the Forum! on 18:34 - May 14 with 1048 viewsgerry_us

Well well. Maidstone promoted to the National League with a penalty shoot out win against Ebbsfleet. They may become my second team in place of Forfar!
No doubt MaidstoneU will put in an appearance when he sobers up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024