Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ronnie Corbett 20:35 - Mar 31 with 2584 viewsbwildered

Such a funny man . God bless .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Ronnie Corbett on 20:39 - Mar 31 with 2578 viewsgerry_us

Such a funny golfer!
RIP
Ronnie Corbett on 22:41 - Mar 31 with 2564 viewswessex_exile

I do believe his essential contribution to the brilliance of the Two Ronnies is often unfairly overlooked in the shadow of the genius Ronnie Barker - fork handles is still one of the best comedy sketches ever broadcast!

RIP wee man.

F'cks sake though, will the household names of my childhood please stop dying!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Ronnie Corbett on 23:03 - Mar 31 with 2550 viewsBarsidepete

As someone who once had a BlackBerry, love this one.

"My Blackberry is not working."

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Ronnie Corbett on 23:03 - Mar 31 with 2553 viewsgerry_us

Ronnie Corbett on 22:41 - Mar 31 by wessex_exile

I do believe his essential contribution to the brilliance of the Two Ronnies is often unfairly overlooked in the shadow of the genius Ronnie Barker - fork handles is still one of the best comedy sketches ever broadcast!

RIP wee man.

Childhood Wessex?
Don't gimmee that!
Ronnie Corbett on 00:38 - Apr 1 with 2541 viewsBarsidepete

Ronnie Corbett on 23:03 - Mar 31 by gerry_us

Childhood Wessex?
Don't gimmee that!

When I fly over I watch more classic Brit teley than I care to admit

You people are weird

"Let's try on Orange,"

If I had a quid for every time I heard "Orange" when calling someone, ...

God, Ronnie Corbett was such a genius.

Go to YouTube and copy-paste more skits. Simply copy the http and post.

This one is pretty funny..

I've gone to many youtube posts and There Is NOT ONE "don't like" on most.

R.C. Sleep well. You made me laugh out of my socks.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2016 2:19]

Ronnie Corbett on 12:59 - Apr 2 with 2508 viewsbwildered

Sad to read Ronnie Corbett died as officials were considering honoring him with a knighthood , and if approved would have become Sir Ronnie in the Queens 90th Birthday Honours List .
What took them so long ?

So perhaps Honours should be bestowed to Roy Hudd and Barry Cryer sooner rather that later, two very clever gents of British Comedy.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Ronnie Corbett on 13:26 - Apr 2 with 2502 viewsBarsidepete

Ronnie Corbett should be knighted this second.

Four candles, fork handles ...

Sir Corbett was a I don't know.I have no idea.

I got no hose.

Post any other Ronnie here.

He kills me. Go to You Tube. Click link. Paste.

Ronnie Corbett on 16:15 - Apr 20 with 2435 viewsLeadbelly

Ronnie Corbett on 22:41 - Mar 31 by wessex_exile

RIP wee man.

Victoria Wood joins the list of celebs shuffling off this mortal coil in 2016. Acorn Antiques aside I was never a huge fan, quite possibly because my ex was.

Not in the same league as Mr Corbett IMHO but it does, nevertheless, beg the question "why are so many celebrities dying this year?".

BBC website had an article on the subject which, of course, I can't find now I want it. Now I have (Ed) Actually a radio programme.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b076prgl
[Post edited 20 Apr 2016 16:18]

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Login to get fewer ads

Ronnie Corbett on 10:16 - Apr 21 with 2403 viewsnoah4x4

Are more "celebrities" dying?

From an actuarial/mortality standby - no.
From your perception standby - yes

The acuteness of the latter perception depends entirely on your age and generation.

When you are younger it appears that everybody you know is getting married. You rarely notice anybody dying (except close relatives etc.). You also don't tend to notice Policemen unless you are a villain trying to avoid them.

When you are old; ever more your generation appear to be dying (often "too young"), because they are actually dying. But overall life expectancy has actually risen.

Also rather oddly, with age, one becomes more conscious of Policemen as your awareness of danger and the need for personal welfare/protection increases with your perceived frailty. They eventually look so young that they appear as if they have barely left school; so adding to that ever more acute feeling of age acceleration.

Lead', I am somewhat older than you and can testify that this transition gets worse as the years roll forward. Our perception is that time seems to accelerate in a manner that only Einstein might refute. It's hence all a question of one's awareness of your own local, social and generational environment. If we didn't spend so much time in the Bricklayers and Victoria Inn amongst our own generation of peers we might see things differently, and as one ages, have you yet noticed that ever more of your friends leave town? It's not because they want to live in "Frinton" or "Bournemouth", it is because they need to sell up; to crystallise their property equity (e.g. having earlier not made enough pension provision) and will move out of the district to 'save face' as they don't want their neighbours to know that they can't afford to live there any more.

I thank the Lord that I continue to be blessed with a most wonderful life that is now being denied to so many of my generational peer group. That's why suffering the U's; Kiddy Harriers; Aston Villa being relegated in the same season (e.g. my favourite three teams) matters little to me now AFTER the event. To me it's just another chapter.

Lastly, has any man NOT looked down; glanced to the guy adjacent to him in the urinal; then thought his own member is too small? Once again, it is simply about differing perceptions from where you are viewing the said objects. When dangling down and away from you then the parallax effect will make it look smaller than another hanging out of adjacent trousers. I was paranoid about this until these physics were explained to me; and a reassuring girlfriend expressed positive surprise.
Ronnie Corbett on 18:52 - Apr 21 with 2385 viewsLeadbelly

Ronnie Corbett on 10:16 - Apr 21 by noah4x4

The acuteness of the latter perception depends entirely on your age and generation.

When you are younger it appears that everybody you know is getting married. You rarely notice anybody dying (except close relatives etc.). You also don't tend to notice Policemen unless you are a villain trying to avoid them.

When you are old; ever more your generation appear to be dying (often "too young"), because they are actually dying. But overall life expectancy has actually risen.

Also rather oddly, with age, one becomes more conscious of Policemen as your awareness of danger and the need for personal welfare/protection increases with your perceived frailty. They eventually look so young that they appear as if they have barely left school; so adding to that ever more acute feeling of age acceleration.

Lead', I am somewhat older than you and can testify that this transition gets worse as the years roll forward. Our perception is that time seems to accelerate in a manner that only Einstein might refute. It's hence all a question of one's awareness of your own local, social and generational environment. If we didn't spend so much time in the Bricklayers and Victoria Inn amongst our own generation of peers we might see things differently, and as one ages, have you yet noticed that ever more of your friends leave town? It's not because they want to live in "Frinton" or "Bournemouth", it is because they need to sell up; to crystallise their property equity (e.g. having earlier not made enough pension provision) and will move out of the district to 'save face' as they don't want their neighbours to know that they can't afford to live there any more.

I thank the Lord that I continue to be blessed with a most wonderful life that is now being denied to so many of my generational peer group. That's why suffering the U's; Kiddy Harriers; Aston Villa being relegated in the same season (e.g. my favourite three teams) matters little to me now AFTER the event. To me it's just another chapter.

Lastly, has any man NOT looked down; glanced to the guy adjacent to him in the urinal; then thought his own member is too small? Once again, it is simply about differing perceptions from where you are viewing the said objects. When dangling down and away from you then the parallax effect will make it look smaller than another hanging out of adjacent trousers. I was paranoid about this until these physics were explained to me; and a reassuring girlfriend expressed positive surprise.

I don't doubt you are correct but it's just been announced Prince has died.

Ronnie Corbett on 13:37 - Apr 22 with 2350 viewsLeadbelly

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36108133

Make up you own mind

Ronnie Corbett on 17:01 - Apr 22 with 2337 viewsjonestones

Ronnie Corbett on 10:16 - Apr 21 by noah4x4

Have I read that right? Has Noah just been talking about the size of his member? What sort of chat room is this?!

[Post edited 22 Apr 2016 17:04]
Ronnie Corbett on 17:43 - Apr 22 with 2325 viewsnoah4x4

Ronnie Corbett on 17:01 - Apr 22 by jonestones

Have I read that right? Has Noah just been talking about the size of his member? What sort of chat room is this?!

[Post edited 22 Apr 2016 17:04]

It's simply an observation about how perceptions dramatically change dependent upon the viewing point. Most men briefly endure this crisis some time in their life

Cricketer Courteney Walsh was once asked by a female journalist "as you are 6ft 8ins tall are you in proportion everywhere?". His reply "no, I would be 14 ft tall". Sadly, despite my size 13 feet all I ever enjoyed was an assurance of normality.
Ronnie Corbett on 20:30 - Apr 22 with 2307 viewswessex_exile

Ronnie Corbett on 17:43 - Apr 22 by noah4x4

It's simply an observation about how perceptions dramatically change dependent upon the viewing point. Most men briefly endure this crisis some time in their life

Cricketer Courteney Walsh was once asked by a female journalist "as you are 6ft 8ins tall are you in proportion everywhere?". His reply "no, I would be 14 ft tall". Sadly, despite my size 13 feet all I ever enjoyed was an assurance of normality.

Well I'm sure we've all glanced at one time or another, but woe betide any that are caught doing so...

I remember once many years ago doing so, to glimpse something that would most definitely scare the bloody horses. It was only on the unavoidable second glance that I realised it was actually the strap end of quite a long leather belt.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Ronnie Corbett on 21:10 - Apr 25 with 2272 viewsLeadbelly

Ronnie Corbett on 13:37 - Apr 22 by Leadbelly

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36108133

Make up you own mind

And now Terry Nutkins.

Ronnie Corbett on 15:00 - May 24 with 2145 viewsLeadbelly

Bert Kwouk has passed away at the ripe old age of 85. "Not now Cato"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024