Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
KK departs. 15:01 - Apr 26 with 2741 viewsburnsieespana

Oh dear. KK has decided to leave Col U with immediate effect. Wonder what the future holds for us?
KK departs. on 15:10 - Apr 26 with 2068 viewsAFCMorant

League 2 + Humes = National League
KK departs. on 15:16 - Apr 26 with 2062 viewsRSCOSWORTH

http://www.cu-fc.com/news/article/colchester-united-kevin-keen-leaves-us-3081309

Experienced manager for next season please Robbie.

He'll probably give the job to Teddy though!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

KK departs. on 15:46 - Apr 26 with 2046 viewsdurham_exile

Shocking news!

Disturbing quote "following a meeting with RC about the future direction of the club" KK has left with immediate effect.

This does not bode well for the future.

David Wright takes over for the last two games.

Up the U's

Please under no circumstances give any more responsibility to TH.

We are becoming a laughing stock!

Durham_exile

KK departs. on 16:08 - Apr 26 with 2025 viewsburnsieespana

Mind you I see Peterboro' got rid of Westley even though they will finish in a position we would "die for".
Rumour mill suggest two ex players coming back but I hope not Sheringham and Watson as they have failed already in Div 2.
Would love us to get somebody with decent experience but can't see that happening.
I was never convinced by KK but still very surprised and agree with durham those few words do give cause for concern as we simply know nothing.
KK departs. on 16:10 - Apr 26 with 2025 viewspwrightsknees

Let me get this straight.

Yesterday we are told by the chairman that there will be "no short term measures". Today the manager departs. When or not is 24 hours "short term"?
KK departs. on 16:16 - Apr 26 with 2017 viewsDaniel

Keen never sounded happy in the job, so I'm not surprised he's quit.
KK departs. on 17:10 - Apr 26 with 1975 viewsLeadbelly

KK departs. on 16:16 - Apr 26 by Daniel

Keen never sounded happy in the job, so I'm not surprised he's quit.

Agreed, but why was that?

Reports last week of "trouble" in training, being unable to revive fortunes this season, being told the budget for next season, the presence of Humes, knowing which players want out, personality clashes? Some, none or all of those perhaps.

Based on the chairman's comments on Saturday Keen's departure comes as a surprise to me. I would assume, therefore, that it was manager rather than chairman who made the decision.

What chance has a new manager got? Unless he is appointed from within or is a recent departure as a player he won't know much about the current squad. Makes for an interesting summer to say the least.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

KK departs. on 18:14 - Apr 26 with 1945 viewsFruitbat

Sherringham currently 6/4 favourite on sky bet.

Because he was such a rousing success at Stevenage.
Login to get fewer ads

KK departs. on 18:26 - Apr 26 with 1936 viewsbwildered

Was never convinced even though thought he was the correct choice. Seemed to lack some passion.
Please no ex players to appease the fans.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

KK departs. on 18:37 - Apr 26 with 1925 viewsLeadbelly

KK departs. on 18:14 - Apr 26 by Fruitbat

Sherringham currently 6/4 favourite on sky bet.

Because he was such a rousing success at Stevenage.

Whilst he is Cowling's gambling buddy (allegedly) even the chairman must realise he has to do better than appoint Teddy.

If we are in the market for a manager with a proven track record of extracting impressive results from very limited player resources and a meagre budget perhaps the chairman should look at what has been done at Dressing Rd. At least their manager always sounds animated and enthusiastic.

KK departs. on 18:53 - Apr 26 with 1909 viewsSector4

Gutted. A first team coach puppet with Humes pulling the strings is my biggest fear. I had faith for next season with KK, this is deeply concerning.
KK departs. on 19:12 - Apr 26 with 1893 viewsLeadbelly

Keen had failed to convince entirely but the performances had improved. Some stability following relegation would have been welcome but what I fear we may have instead is turmoil.

Mr Humes now has a chance to show his ability as director of football. Not a comforting thought for me.

KK departs. on 19:53 - Apr 26 with 1859 viewswessex_exile

Not often news out of Col U blindsides me these days, usually the writing is clearly on the wall for weeks (months) to come, but I really didn't see this coming at all!

Teddy is bound to be the bookies favourite from the off, and it wouldn't be an appointment that necessarily fills me with hope for the future, but who know's what other CVs the vacancy may flush out of the woodwork over the next few weeks?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

KK departs. on 19:59 - Apr 26 with 1855 viewsthrillseeker

Humes getting re-appointed is my biggest fear.

Think I would take a sabbatical from attending and save some money.

Another fear is another internal appointment as something has gone on which an outsider needs to resolve. Who that outsider is I haven't a clue
KK departs. on 20:16 - Apr 26 with 1842 viewsLeadbelly

Reappointing Humes wouldn't come as a big surprise. Cowling clearly rates him very highly, reasons unknown to me, so I can easily imagine a press conference where the chairman announces that, after careful consideration of excellent internal candidates of a load of duffers from outside the club, Tony Humes has agreed to resume his tenure as Colchester Utd manager.

I'm joking, of course...I hope.

KK departs. on 20:20 - Apr 26 with 1832 viewswessex_exile

Playing devil's advocate - if it's the Tony Humes who plunged us into the mire this season I completely agree, if it's the Tony Humes who turned things around and gave us promotion winning form to evade relegation last season maybe less so?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

KK departs. on 20:44 - Apr 26 with 1816 viewsbwildered

Considering the Chairman runs a recruitment company what a ... up it has been .

KK departs. on 09:33 - Apr 27 with 1705 viewsBlueStripes

Even though Keen will be no great loss, it just goes to show what a shambles this club is in, both on and off the pitch. No manager worth his salt is going to take this job on with Cowling and his placeman Humes pulling the strings in the background. Col U are going nowhere till Cowling sells up and gets out and, as I can't see that happening any time soon, the future looks bleak
KK departs. on 10:31 - Apr 27 with 1694 viewsAFCMorant

KK departs. on 09:33 - Apr 27 by BlueStripes

Even though Keen will be no great loss, it just goes to show what a shambles this club is in, both on and off the pitch. No manager worth his salt is going to take this job on with Cowling and his placeman Humes pulling the strings in the background. Col U are going nowhere till Cowling sells up and gets out and, as I can't see that happening any time soon, the future looks bleak

Agree, very dispiriting.
Kem Izzet tweeted yesterday that his phone has been going crazy and he hoped to hear something - but it might just have been lots of PPI cold callers.
KK departs. on 11:17 - Apr 27 with 1679 viewsdurham_exile

KK departs. on 10:31 - Apr 27 by AFCMorant

Agree, very dispiriting.
Kem Izzet tweeted yesterday that his phone has been going crazy and he hoped to hear something - but it might just have been lots of PPI cold callers.

7 managers in the last 8 years tells its own story. This must stop.

Names in the frame include:

John McGreal
Teddy Sheringham
Joe Dunne
Andy Scott
Kit Symons
Tony Humes
Terry Butcher
Wayne Brown
Aidy Boothroyd
Gary Johnson
Graham Westley
Adrian Pennock

As much as I dislike him Neil Warnock is the sort of manger who could get us out of this mess. His record with lower league teams is superb and he has saved Rotherham from almost certain relegation this season.

I note that no one has mentioned Doogy who I think would be a great favourite with the faithful.

Perhaps it is time for RC to go.

Colchester United:
Ground facilities excellent
Academy facilities excellent

Owner/ Directors dubious
Managers unable to retain

Common link RC

Whatever happens we will lose some good players and we will play in League Two next season which is shocking.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

KK departs. on 13:15 - Apr 27 with 1654 viewsAFCMorant

KK departs. on 11:17 - Apr 27 by durham_exile

7 managers in the last 8 years tells its own story. This must stop.

Names in the frame include:

John McGreal
Teddy Sheringham
Joe Dunne
Andy Scott
Kit Symons
Tony Humes
Terry Butcher
Wayne Brown
Aidy Boothroyd
Gary Johnson
Graham Westley
Adrian Pennock

As much as I dislike him Neil Warnock is the sort of manger who could get us out of this mess. His record with lower league teams is superb and he has saved Rotherham from almost certain relegation this season.

I note that no one has mentioned Doogy who I think would be a great favourite with the faithful.

Perhaps it is time for RC to go.

Colchester United:
Ground facilities excellent
Academy facilities excellent

Owner/ Directors dubious
Managers unable to retain

Common link RC

Whatever happens we will lose some good players and we will play in League Two next season which is shocking.

Up the U's

An email from a mate tells me that Kem and Doogie have both left Needham Market FC today. Not sure how reliable it is.
Please not Terry Butcher, he can't even cut it in Scottish football.
KK departs. on 13:25 - Apr 27 with 1648 viewsLeadbelly

Latest odds on Sky Bet

John McGreal 7/5
Danny Cowley 5/2
Teddy Sheringham 3/1
Tony Humes 16/1

On the basis McGreal appeared bereft of ideas when caretaker, is already at the club and will be cheap I fear he may be right up Cowling's street.

KK departs. on 13:28 - Apr 27 with 1645 viewsLeadbelly

KK departs. on 13:15 - Apr 27 by AFCMorant

An email from a mate tells me that Kem and Doogie have both left Needham Market FC today. Not sure how reliable it is.
Please not Terry Butcher, he can't even cut it in Scottish football.

http://www.needhammarketfc.co.uk/news

Izzet and Duguid leaving their posts at NM Academy

KK departs. on 16:43 - Apr 27 with 1582 viewsbwildered

Neither was manager at Needham Market and having been promoted last season just avoided relegation this time round - does not enthuse me with confidence .

KK departs. on 17:18 - Apr 27 with 1563 viewsMoor_Pinot

Agree with much on the subject of this thread.

I'm saddened by circumstances which relate to my club - a club I just don't understand at the moment. We've appeared on self-destruct for some time and one wonders what the culture within is like. It cannot be one of harmony.

Izzet & Duguid were 100% workers for our club and legends if you like but management in any sphere is a different world from playing and Needham Market have not been non league superheroes. Once we went that route for a manager with Jim Smith but Boston United were very successful, as was he. I should have thought that if Mr C is looking that way then Cowley at Braintree is a significant possibility. Mind you he may turn it down if they go up.
I just don't know who'd fancy working for the U's at the moment. These are dis-spiriting times I look to next season without a lot of optimism unless we hear change-culture to the contrary.

Moor Pinot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024