Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alex Gilbey 17:06 - Apr 27 with 1515 viewsTheMightyBears

Hi all,

I'm a Rangers fan from Glasgow. There's a rumour up here that Alex could be making a move North of the border during the summer. There isn't a great deal of information about this guy to find on the net. Not even a youtube compilation. It looks like he plays CDM or CAM but again, I'm struggling to find out. I was wondering if you guys could tell me more about Gilbey
Alex Gilbey on 17:18 - Apr 27 with 1497 viewsgerry_us

No. We don't accept Scottish £'s this far South.
Alex Gilbey on 17:50 - Apr 27 with 1485 viewsthrillseeker

TheMightyBear - hello

It would be an interesting signing for you. He is a CM but has on occasion played CB. He is a player who has potential but needs proper guidance for him to fulfill that potential

I was up in Glasgow 4-5 weeks ago and a client was asking questions about Gilbey then so the rumours have been around for some time

Other teams rumoured to be interested in him are Bristol City, Brighton, Ipswich, QPR and Reading so the rumour mill really has started
Alex Gilbey on 18:09 - Apr 27 with 1476 viewsTheMightyBears

Alex Gilbey on 17:50 - Apr 27 by thrillseeker

TheMightyBear - hello

It would be an interesting signing for you. He is a CM but has on occasion played CB. He is a player who has potential but needs proper guidance for him to fulfill that potential

I was up in Glasgow 4-5 weeks ago and a client was asking questions about Gilbey then so the rumours have been around for some time

Other teams rumoured to be interested in him are Bristol City, Brighton, Ipswich, QPR and Reading so the rumour mill really has started

Warburton is looking to the lower English divisions for talent. Last year he brought up Foderingham, Keirnan, Tavernier, Waghorn, etc. Gilbey very recently retweeted a picture of Tavernier winning the goal of the season award. He's also been liking tweets relating to him moving to Rangers. So it seems like this one has legs.

We do need guys who can play the CDM and CAM roles. The manager's looking for more physical type of players so it's interesting to read he can play at CB. Another player we were recently linked with is Aaron Halloway who is a big strong forward that can also play at CB.
Alex Gilbey on 18:48 - Apr 27 with 1463 viewsbwildered

This could put a spanner in the works .
Recent departed manager Kevin Keen rated Gilbey has a PL player in future, was previously No2 to Steve Clark who is being linked to a position across the City of Glasgow.
Since stating that he was not to sign another contract, in recent weeks Gilbey has played like being in the shop window and scored several top rated goals. A product of the youth scheme, regular role in midfield, only slotted in centre half only in a emergency measure.
Not yet the finished article, needs more games under his belt, but certainly got the potential .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Alex Gilbey on 19:24 - Apr 27 with 1448 viewsLeadbelly

Gilbey to Rangers has been the rounds for weeks down here. I first heard it from someone with contacts in sports media so there may be something to it.

His performances have been improved of late. Just the sort of player we will need next season but I have no doubt he will be off. With the current turmoil at Col U I wouldn't blame him at all.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Alex Gilbey on 19:45 - Apr 27 with 1431 viewsTheMightyBears

Alex Gilbey on 18:48 - Apr 27 by bwildered

This could put a spanner in the works .
Recent departed manager Kevin Keen rated Gilbey has a PL player in future, was previously No2 to Steve Clark who is being linked to a position across the City of Glasgow.
Since stating that he was not to sign another contract, in recent weeks Gilbey has played like being in the shop window and scored several top rated goals. A product of the youth scheme, regular role in midfield, only slotted in centre half only in a emergency measure.
Not yet the finished article, needs more games under his belt, but certainly got the potential .

What's his best role at CM? Some have said he can play CB so I'm assuming he's a physical guy who knows how to defend. If he scores goals then there's obviously some talent there as an attacker. Is he a solid all round player? Box to box? Warburton is trying to build a passing team who keep possession so I'm assuming Gilbey would fit in to that?
Alex Gilbey on 20:06 - Apr 27 with 1422 viewsdurham_exile

Alex Gilbey on 19:45 - Apr 27 by TheMightyBears

What's his best role at CM? Some have said he can play CB so I'm assuming he's a physical guy who knows how to defend. If he scores goals then there's obviously some talent there as an attacker. Is he a solid all round player? Box to box? Warburton is trying to build a passing team who keep possession so I'm assuming Gilbey would fit in to that?

Give us £2.5M and he's yours.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Alex Gilbey on 20:08 - Apr 27 with 1420 viewsLeadbelly

Alex Gilbey on 19:45 - Apr 27 by TheMightyBears

He is a central midfielder. He has played centre back but only in dire emergency and I don't recall his starting in the back four.

Box to box player who does score goals. Passing could improve a lot in my opinion. Perhaps with better coaching and better surrounding cast it will.

Bristol City offered £250k in January. It will be interesting to see whether a transfer fee is agreed or set by tribunal, wherever he goes.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Login to get fewer ads

Alex Gilbey on 20:16 - Apr 27 with 1408 viewsTheMightyBears

Alex Gilbey on 20:08 - Apr 27 by Leadbelly

He is a central midfielder. He has played centre back but only in dire emergency and I don't recall his starting in the back four.

Box to box player who does score goals. Passing could improve a lot in my opinion. Perhaps with better coaching and better surrounding cast it will.

Bristol City offered £250k in January. It will be interesting to see whether a transfer fee is agreed or set by tribunal, wherever he goes.

I thought Gilbey's contract expired in the summer. A quick goggle search tells me it does:

"Colchester United have finally secured the future of teenager Alex Gilbey by agreeing a two-and-a-half-year contract with the midfielder." - (17 January 2014)

Not sure if you guys are aware of this but if Gilbey signs for Rangers you wont get any development fee.
Alex Gilbey on 20:30 - Apr 27 with 1393 viewsmfb_cufc

Alex Gilbey on 20:16 - Apr 27 by TheMightyBears

I thought Gilbey's contract expired in the summer. A quick goggle search tells me it does:

"Colchester United have finally secured the future of teenager Alex Gilbey by agreeing a two-and-a-half-year contract with the midfielder." - (17 January 2014)

Not sure if you guys are aware of this but if Gilbey signs for Rangers you wont get any development fee.

That's why we don't want to sign for Rangers. He is a good League 1 player, so he should fit in well at Rangers, as the Scottish Premier standard is only the equivalent of League 1.

mfb

Alex Gilbey on 14:22 - May 2 with 1144 viewsburnsieespana

I believe a fee is based on the FIFA system rather than as agreed in the English leagues and works out as I understand it about 50% or less.
That I suppose means tribunal will use £250000 as a starting point so we will be lucky to get £100k.
Trouble is becayse Rangers wont need to pay a higher fee they can afford better wages which becomes an even bigger incentive to Gilbey joining the.
Maybe an English club will want Warburton as Manager as a definite talent which could then change things.
Alex Gilbey on 15:49 - May 2 with 1130 viewsbwildered

Think there is a maximum fee that a tribunal can set for a player developed through the academy system . This was agreed with lower league teams, who get a lump sum to initially run academy's in the first instance .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Alex Gilbey on 16:38 - May 2 with 1113 viewsdurham_exile

Alex Gilbey on 20:06 - Apr 27 by durham_exile

Give us £2.5M and he's yours.

Up the U's

Sorry I thought we were talking to a QPR supporter. They're the only Rangers that I know!

Definitely not in favour of him taking a retrograde step north of the Border.

Up the U's
[Post edited 2 May 2016 23:28]

Durham_exile

Alex Gilbey on 17:06 - May 2 with 1103 viewsburnsieespana

Alex Gilbey on 15:49 - May 2 by bwildered

Think there is a maximum fee that a tribunal can set for a player developed through the academy system . This was agreed with lower league teams, who get a lump sum to initially run academy's in the first instance .

But if the Acadamy player goes to a club outside of the English league, eg Scotland the FIFA rules apply which are nowhere as generous as within England.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024