Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
COLU down, KK departed, DW in charge against the Tykes 08:24 - Apr 30 with 1126 viewsdurham_exile

Just a typical week in the annals of Colchester United.

After a most wretched season resulting in a bizarre defeat to the Brewers and relegation to the basement league. Joe Edwards red card rescinded notwithstanding this has been a shocking week.

The truth concerning KK's departure must come out eventually; everyone seems tight lipped but the club owes it to the fans to give us the facts behind the departure. RC need to clarify the situation.

As one who believed the impossible was possible (until the farce at Crewe) I bemoan the relegation and am not looking forward to any of next season in the bowels of the 72 clubs that form the football league.

David Wright at 35 has been handed the poisoned chalice for the last two games. His rise from Under 14's coach to first team has been meteoric.

Today he takes his charges to Barnsley who are enjoying an excellent season with Wembley success already and the possibility of a play off final to come.

It is up to the players to put in a performance and attempt to spoil the Oakwell party today.

Alex Gilbey and George Moncur will be playing their last away games for the Club today with more to follow in a player exodus after the final whistle against Rochdale next Sunday.

Next season will be about stability, rebuilding and focusing on attempting to get back to the level that realistically we should be playing at.

The new stadium and excellent Academy facilities and young talented footballers do not want to see League Two football, they should be playing League One with the chance to attain the promised land sampled in 2006-2008.

This season has really hurt the club, it was one season struggle too far and there will be no last game redemption this season.

DW has a decision to make about his future and the club must act before the end of this season to make a decision about who will be in charge during the close season and into next year.

Team:

Parish

Wynter Eastman Kent Shorey

Gilbey Moncur Garvan

Massey Porter Lee

Subs:

Barnes Edwards Brindley Lapslie Bonne Akinwande Ambrose

A big crowd at Oakwell will be looking to inflict the goals that take the U's against column into three figures, we must resist this at all costs. The season has been embarrassing enough.

95 goals conceded a GD of -41 and only 9 wins against:
Sheffield United, Gillingham, Swindon, Bradford (twice), Port Vale, Doncaster, Coventry and Blackpool paints a far from rosy picture.

The U's must attempt to end the season in some style, the faithful deserve it.

Travel well, enjoy the game and Up the U's

Durham_exile

COLU down, KK departed, DW in charge against the Tykes on 14:48 - Apr 30 with 902 viewsthrillseeker

It has been a painful week supporting CUFC

Relegation confirmed although I think we all knew it was coming

KK makes an impressive statement about plans for next season BUT THEN

KK leaves

We are now in position so familiar in recent seasons of having to look for yet another new manager.

Whoever is appointed I would prefer the appointment sooner rather than later so preparation for next season can commence immediately

I do fear the worse with regard to next managerial appointment but at the end of the day no matter who is appointed our support of CUFC will continue
COLU down, KK departed, DW in charge against the Tykes on 16:03 - Apr 30 with 888 viewsgerry_us

COLU down, KK departed, DW in charge against the Tykes on 14:48 - Apr 30 by thrillseeker

It has been a painful week supporting CUFC

Relegation confirmed although I think we all knew it was coming

KK makes an impressive statement about plans for next season BUT THEN

KK leaves

We are now in position so familiar in recent seasons of having to look for yet another new manager.

Whoever is appointed I would prefer the appointment sooner rather than later so preparation for next season can commence immediately

I do fear the worse with regard to next managerial appointment but at the end of the day no matter who is appointed our support of CUFC will continue

...and we have had a few clowns in the past.
No doubt in my mind that the new manager will come with a U's pedigree. I'd settle for Doogie.
COLU down, KK departed, DW in charge against the Tykes on 16:13 - Apr 30 with 886 viewsLeadbelly

Why rush into appointing a new manager? Our director of football will be handling player recruitment, as dictated by the chairman. Any new players will, of course, fit into the club's playing system, as dictated by the chairman. Far better to wait until the season starts and promote another coach from within who will be cheap and, therefore, fit into our spending policy, as dictated by the chairman.

The views of the fans are of no consideration and we should be very grateful we have a dictator for a chairman, as dictated by the chairman.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

COLU down, KK departed, DW in charge against the Tykes on 16:22 - Apr 30 with 881 viewsdurham_exile

COLU down, KK departed, DW in charge against the Tykes on 16:13 - Apr 30 by Leadbelly

Why rush into appointing a new manager? Our director of football will be handling player recruitment, as dictated by the chairman. Any new players will, of course, fit into the club's playing system, as dictated by the chairman. Far better to wait until the season starts and promote another coach from within who will be cheap and, therefore, fit into our spending policy, as dictated by the chairman.

The views of the fans are of no consideration and we should be very grateful we have a dictator for a chairman, as dictated by the chairman.

Are you ken livingstone in disguise

Up the U's

Durham_exile

COLU down, KK departed, DW in charge against the Tykes on 16:50 - Apr 30 with 871 viewsdurham_exile

COLU down, KK departed, DW in charge against the Tykes on 16:22 - Apr 30 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Can things get any worse parish injured stretchered off and all 3 subs used Bonne Has taken the gloves.

Come on the ten men

Durham_exile

COLU down, KK departed, DW in charge against the Tykes on 17:03 - Apr 30 with 863 viewsdurham_exile

COLU down, KK departed, DW in charge against the Tykes on 16:50 - Apr 30 by durham_exile

Can things get any worse parish injured stretchered off and all 3 subs used Bonne Has taken the gloves.

Come on the ten men

Tom Lapslie 98thminute
DW unbeaten
Up the U's

Durham_exile

COLU down, KK departed, DW in charge against the Tykes on 17:06 - Apr 30 with 857 viewsgerry_us

COLU down, KK departed, DW in charge against the Tykes on 17:03 - Apr 30 by durham_exile

Tom Lapslie 98thminute
DW unbeaten
Up the U's

That's the sort of b*lls we should have been showing earlier this season.
COLU down, KK departed, DW in charge against the Tykes on 17:06 - Apr 30 with 857 viewsBarsidepete

COLU down, KK departed, DW in charge against the Tykes on 17:03 - Apr 30 by durham_exile

Tom Lapslie 98thminute
DW unbeaten
Up the U's

That was great! I chewed the nails off my laptop.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Login to get fewer ads

COLU down, KK departed, DW in charge against the Tykes on 17:49 - Apr 30 with 837 viewsLeadbelly

COLU down, KK departed, DW in charge against the Tykes on 16:22 - Apr 30 by durham_exile

Up the U's

My tongue was in my cheek, Ken's wasn't.

COLU down, KK departed, DW in charge against the Tykes on 18:07 - Apr 30 with 827 viewsdurham_exile

COLU down, KK departed, DW in charge against the Tykes on 17:49 - Apr 30 by Leadbelly

My tongue was in my cheek, Ken's wasn't.

Agreed!

Durham_exile

COLU down, KK departed, DW in charge against the Tykes on 23:13 - Apr 30 with 766 viewsmfb_cufc

COLU down, KK departed, DW in charge against the Tykes on 16:13 - Apr 30 by Leadbelly

Tongue in cheek? Sounds about right to me.

mfb

COLU down, KK departed, DW in charge against the Tykes on 08:12 - May 1 with 730 viewsLeadbelly

Me too, just trying to introduce a little humour into the situation.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024