Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. 15:56 - May 6 with 11107 viewsLeadbelly

Players in - ?

Players out - ?

New contracts
Michael O'Donoghue - 1 year
Charley Edge - 1 year
Chris Regis - 1 year
Alex Wynter - 2 years
James Bransgrove - 3 years

No doubt there will be plenty of amendments to make to these lists over the next 3 months.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 19:50 - Jun 24 with 1537 viewsLeadbelly

Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 19:20 - Jun 24 by bwildered

Bid in for Eileen ? ( from the Aldi advert ).

Too good for League 2

Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 12:08 - Jun 25 with 1438 viewsburnsieespana

Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 17:30 - Jun 24 by Fruitbat

Two thoughts spring immediately to mind - put money on Walsall to go down as Edwards goes for four in a row and Lee is never a Championship player.

Never saw Lee play but feel Edwards thinks he is better than he actually is and is certainly easily replaceable.
Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 13:36 - Jun 25 with 1426 viewsdurham_exile

Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 12:08 - Jun 25 by burnsieespana

Never saw Lee play but feel Edwards thinks he is better than he actually is and is certainly easily replaceable.

Burnsie - I don't disagree withyourview of Edwards but my concern is time is getting on and we have lost several players and have failed to bringinreplacements.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 16:01 - Jun 25 with 1412 viewsbwildered

Majority of players now back from hols, with preseason about to start . Now is the time for agents to find their charges clubs .

Recommed those who reads football books to try Journeyman by Ben Smith, about a lower league players football career ( which has some local Interest ).

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 14:57 - Jun 28 with 1301 viewsbwildered

U's sign 21 year old, 6'2, striker Denny Johnstone from Brum for undisclosed fee, on two year contract .

Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 15:39 - Jun 28 with 1293 viewsLeadbelly

Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 14:57 - Jun 28 by bwildered

U's sign 21 year old, 6'2, striker Denny Johnstone from Brum for undisclosed fee, on two year contract .

A fee? He must be good.

Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 17:31 - Jun 28 with 1268 viewsFruitbat

Denney Johnstone sounds like a minor character from an early Taggart episode. Probably a grass found floating face down in the Clyde. "Thars bin a mardar".
Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 18:16 - Jun 28 with 1258 viewspwrightsknees

Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 17:31 - Jun 28 by Fruitbat

Denney Johnstone sounds like a minor character from an early Taggart episode. Probably a grass found floating face down in the Clyde. "Thars bin a mardar".

I like it FB. The early series of Taggart were set in an area of north Glasgow called Maryhill, which I used to drive through every day, to and from work. Partick Thistle's (“The Jags”) ground, Firhill, is located in Maryhill rather than Partick.

In an early episode of Taggart, Mike Jardine announced to Jim Taggart, “there’s been a murrder at Firhill”. Taggart’s reply: “it’s murrder at Firhill every second Saturday”.

In August 1989, Jock Wallace and Alan Ball brought the U’s up to Scotland for a short pre-season tour, including a match against Partick Thistle. For my birthday treat, my son bought me a match ticket. The Jags won 2-1. It was Tony English, I think, who scored for the U’s. Robert Scott’s family were in the stand to see him play for the U’s.
Login to get fewer ads

Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 18:31 - Jun 28 with 1251 viewsjonestones

http://mobile.cu-fc.com/news/article/2016-17/courtney-senior-brentford-joins-col

We've signed someone else!
Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 19:09 - Jun 28 with 1235 viewsLeadbelly

Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 18:31 - Jun 28 by jonestones

http://mobile.cu-fc.com/news/article/2016-17/courtney-senior-brentford-joins-col

We've signed someone else!

Pacey or pacy? Spell checker prefers the latter. Either way, we need some pace.

Excuse my savage ignorance but what and where is Warriors Rest?

Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 20:39 - Jun 28 with 1208 viewsdurham_exile

Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 19:09 - Jun 28 by Leadbelly

LB - warriors rest is an indoor training facility about .5 mile from Florence park, opened in 2015.

Nice to see a couple of new signings today.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 20:45 - Jun 28 with 1206 viewsFruitbat

Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 19:09 - Jun 28 by Leadbelly

Sports ground in Tiptree, part of the academy set up at Thurstable. Its in Maypole Road on the left (coming from Colchester) just before you get to the school itself.

When I was there the school playing fields came back quite a way down Maypole Road, there were rugby pitches behind the sports centre out the back of the school and behind them were some hockey pitches that weren't part of the school itself and were very much out of bounds to oiks like us. I think Warriors Rest is built on a bit of each of those sites. I haven't been down that way for getting on for thirty years but I know the rugby pitches have gone, my guess is they were sold off and RC bought them although I don't know that for a fact.
Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 21:12 - Jun 28 with 1195 viewsFruitbat

Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 20:45 - Jun 28 by Fruitbat

Sports ground in Tiptree, part of the academy set up at Thurstable. Its in Maypole Road on the left (coming from Colchester) just before you get to the school itself.

When I was there the school playing fields came back quite a way down Maypole Road, there were rugby pitches behind the sports centre out the back of the school and behind them were some hockey pitches that weren't part of the school itself and were very much out of bounds to oiks like us. I think Warriors Rest is built on a bit of each of those sites. I haven't been down that way for getting on for thirty years but I know the rugby pitches have gone, my guess is they were sold off and RC bought them although I don't know that for a fact.

Looking at google maps, I think the rugby pitches (or the land they occupied) is still there so WR must be just the other side of them. Thinking back really hard (it was a long time ago) it may be on the site of the old Anchor Press sports ground.
Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 21:39 - Jun 28 with 1187 viewsLeadbelly

Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 21:12 - Jun 28 by Fruitbat

Looking at google maps, I think the rugby pitches (or the land they occupied) is still there so WR must be just the other side of them. Thinking back really hard (it was a long time ago) it may be on the site of the old Anchor Press sports ground.

I'd never heard of it so you do learn something every day...well, I do at least.

Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 07:12 - Jun 29 with 1152 viewsnoah4x4

Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 21:12 - Jun 28 by Fruitbat

Google satellite maps around here are now so out of date that if you look carefully you can still see us in the Championship, a reliable #1 'bus and Bob Russell in charge

It's worth comparing the landscape of North Colchester then and now. Where did all those houses and people that Google can't see come from? My conservatory was built at least four years ago, but Google still doesn't show it.
Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 14:09 - Jun 29 with 1125 viewsburnsieespana

Not worried about Google maps as hate thje idea of the spy in the sky but seriously what are the views of you in the know about the players we have signed. My Scottish relatives reckon Johnstone from Birmingham a good signing and regretted him leaving them.
Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 17:28 - Jun 29 with 1105 viewsbwildered

Two more signed today , Brennan Dickenson - winger and Dexter Peter defender .

Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 17:46 - Jun 29 with 1097 viewsFruitbat

Time for a bit of a stocktake. What does the first team squad currently look like?

Goalkeepers:
Walker
Bransgrove
Barnes
We seem to be ok there.

Full backs:
Brindley
Briggs
Vincent-Young
May be one short but apparently Dickenson can play left back.

Centre halves:
Prosser
Kent
Elokobi
Peter
Definitely need another senior one.

Central midfield
Garvan
Lapslie
Szmodics
Woefully short.

Wide
Dickenson
Wright
Senior
Sembie-Ferris
Probably ok.

Up front
Johnstone
Bonne
Porter
Can I be greedy and have another one?
Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 18:03 - Jun 29 with 1088 viewsjonestones

Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 17:46 - Jun 29 by Fruitbat

Time for a bit of a stocktake. What does the first team squad currently look like?

Goalkeepers:
Walker
Bransgrove
Barnes
We seem to be ok there.

Full backs:
Brindley
Briggs
Vincent-Young
May be one short but apparently Dickenson can play left back.

Centre halves:
Prosser
Kent
Elokobi
Peter
Definitely need another senior one.

Central midfield
Garvan
Lapslie
Szmodics
Woefully short.

Wide
Dickenson
Wright
Senior
Sembie-Ferris
Probably ok.

Up front
Johnstone
Bonne
Porter
Can I be greedy and have another one?

We signed Ben Wyatt at the end of the season from maldon. He is a full back isn't he?
Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 18:09 - Jun 29 with 1084 viewsFruitbat

Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 18:03 - Jun 29 by jonestones

We signed Ben Wyatt at the end of the season from maldon. He is a full back isn't he?

He is. I'd forgotten him! We're probably sorted for full backs theb.
Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 18:15 - Jun 29 with 1078 viewsbwildered

Wynter - a man for all seasons

Looks like two experienced midfielders are now the main requirement .

Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 18:33 - Jun 29 with 1071 viewsFruitbat

Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 18:15 - Jun 29 by bwildered

Wynter - a man for all seasons

Looks like two experienced midfielders are now the main requirement .

Forgot him as well. I'm not very good at this.
Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 19:03 - Jun 29 with 1062 viewsFruitbat

Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 07:12 - Jun 29 by noah4x4

Google satellite maps around here are now so out of date that if you look carefully you can still see us in the Championship, a reliable #1 'bus and Bob Russell in charge

It's worth comparing the landscape of North Colchester then and now. Where did all those houses and people that Google can't see come from? My conservatory was built at least four years ago, but Google still doesn't show it.

I'd go down to Tiptree and have a look but random middle aged blokes wandering around school premises is probably not encouraged!
Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 19:15 - Jun 29 with 1059 viewsburnsieespana

Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 19:03 - Jun 29 by Fruitbat

I'd go down to Tiptree and have a look but random middle aged blokes wandering around school premises is probably not encouraged!

Really made me chuckle!
Players in, out or signed new contracts for 2016/17 and beyond. on 17:15 - Jun 30 with 976 viewsbwildered

Notice that Dom Voce has signed a season loan at Grimsby Town from Scunny .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024