Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U'sual Champions League Final 10:54 - May 9 with 915 viewswessex_exile

Although there's nearly three weeks to go, I'll post this up now, and then if needs be bump as a reminder. The final is between Concordman and Jonestones, with the 3rd/4th place match between myself and Gate 16 - congratulations and good luck to you all.

SATURDAY 28TH MAY 2016
Real Madrid v Atl Madrid (1945)

As usual, there are nine categories to predict, as follows:
A) Result - 3pts spot-on, 1pt for the outcome;
B) Goal scorer - pick one, get 1pt for each goal they score (including own goals);
C) Attempts on target - 2pts for spot-on, 1pt if within one;
D) Attempts off target - ditto;
E) Corners - ditto;
F) Fouls - ditto;
G) Yellow cards - ditto (a straight red is not two yellows); and
H) Red cards - ditto (two yellows will count as two yellows and one red).
TB) The tie-break is the minute for the first substitution, closest (either side) wins. In the unlikely event that there are no substitutions, this will be 0 (zero) minutes. Note that for the final alone, a spot-on result will not count towards the tie-break.

Also as usual, all predictions will be for the normal time match, extra-time or penalties will not count. The only questions you can't match exactly on are (A) and (TB), so whilst there is no other advantage to predicting first, predicting last may mean having to change one or both of those predictions.

Concord and JT, please PM your predictions to me in the first place, I will post them online once exact matches are checked (and if needs be corrected). MFB - as I am taking part in the 3rd/4th place match, can I ask you receive mine and Gate's predictions, and just let me know what they are when both are in.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

U'sual Champions League Final on 16:16 - May 9 with 904 viewsjonestones

Wow! This all sounds very detailed! Looking forward to ploughing my way through this!

Thanks Wessex for organising.
U'sual Champions League Final on 03:44 - May 16 with 837 viewsBarsidepete

U'sual Champions League Final on 16:16 - May 9 by jonestones

Wow! This all sounds very detailed! Looking forward to ploughing my way through this!

Bumping.

One of the U'sual massive comps.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

U'sual Champions League Final on 11:30 - May 23 with 818 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League Final on 16:16 - May 9 by jonestones

Just a reminder for those yet to predict that the final is this Saturday.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League Final on 19:55 - May 27 with 792 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League Final on 11:30 - May 23 by wessex_exile

Just a reminder for those yet to predict that the final is this Saturday.

Final bump folks. Gate, as I've already sent mine to MFB (he can vouch for my predictions), please feel free to send yours direct to me to save time.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League Final on 12:26 - May 28 with 777 viewswessex_exile

Okay, we're set to go with the following final predictions from Concordman and Jonestones:

Concordman v Jonestones
2-1 (A - Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid) 0-1
Ronaldo (B - Goal scorer) Griezmann
7 (C - Attempts on target) 9
12 (D - Attempts off target) 31
9 (E - Corners) 10
24 (F - Fouls) 29
4 (G - Yellow cards) 9
0 (H - Red cards) 1
59 (TB - Substitution) 42

Still to hear from Gate for the 3rd place play-off, but game on for the title - good luck chaps!

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League Final on 20:17 - May 28 with 760 viewswessex_exile

1st goal to Real Madrid (Ramos), and Concordman moves into a 3-1 lead.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League Final on 20:43 - May 28 with 756 viewswessex_exile

Half-time, and with Real beating Atletico 1-0 (Ramos the scorer), Concord holds a 3-1 lead over JT, by virtue of 1pt for the outcome and 2pts for no red cards, against JTs 1pt for being within one of zero red cards.

Bizarrely, though Gate hasn't predicted (and hence has been assigned 0-0, no scorer and zeros for all predictions) he is actually ahead 3-2 at half-time - 2pts for no red cards and 1pt for being within one of the current solitary yellow card (I have 2pts for zero red cards).

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League Final on 21:04 - May 28 with 754 viewswessex_exile

It's all kicking off now - Griezmann misses a penalty for Atletico, Navas booked in the process for gamesmanship. Scores for Concord and JT remain the same at 3-1, but JT has the tie-break if it's needed after the half-time substitution of Carrasco for Fernández.

Up the U's

Login to get fewer ads

U'sual Champions League Final on 21:16 - May 28 with 751 viewswessex_exile

A yellow card for Torres, and (currently) 13 attempts off-target move Concord into a commanding 5-1 lead at the moment, but with 25 minutes still to play, much will undoubtedly change before the final whistle.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League Final on 21:57 - May 28 with 746 viewswessex_exile

That's the end of normal time, and time to tally the scores.

To get it out of the way, I have 3rd place with 6pts to Gate's 2pts.

However, in a remarkable last minute switch, the score has finished 2-2 between Concord and JT, the late clincher being the double booking of Gabi and Ramos in the 3rd minute of injury time, which deprived Concord of two very valuable points for his prediction of 4 yellows to be spot-on.

No one gets points for the outcome, nor goal scorer, attempts off-target, fouls, or yellow cards. JT gets a point for 9 attempts on target (actual result was 10), Concord gets 2pts for zero red cards, and JT gets another 1pt for being within one of the red cards (his prediction being one red card). Given he led from beginning to virtually the end, at one point having a 7-1 lead, it's a harsh way for Concordman to lose, but JT wins the 2-2 draw with his 42nd minute tie-break prediction for the first substitution (actual timing 45 minutes).

Congratulations Jonestones, and heartfelt commiserations to Concordman.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League Final on 07:30 - May 29 with 726 viewsjonestones

U'sual Champions League Final on 21:57 - May 28 by wessex_exile

That's the end of normal time, and time to tally the scores.

To get it out of the way, I have 3rd place with 6pts to Gate's 2pts.

However, in a remarkable last minute switch, the score has finished 2-2 between Concord and JT, the late clincher being the double booking of Gabi and Ramos in the 3rd minute of injury time, which deprived Concord of two very valuable points for his prediction of 4 yellows to be spot-on.

No one gets points for the outcome, nor goal scorer, attempts off-target, fouls, or yellow cards. JT gets a point for 9 attempts on target (actual result was 10), Concord gets 2pts for zero red cards, and JT gets another 1pt for being within one of the red cards (his prediction being one red card). Given he led from beginning to virtually the end, at one point having a 7-1 lead, it's a harsh way for Concordman to lose, but JT wins the 2-2 draw with his 42nd minute tie-break prediction for the first substitution (actual timing 45 minutes).

Congratulations Jonestones, and heartfelt commiserations to Concordman.

Blimey. Can't believe I won that. Not sure I deserved to! Well played concordman. Thanks also Wessex for organising .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024