Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket renewals 12:46 - May 20 with 1589 viewsLeadbelly

Leaving aside the fact that season tickets are now called season passes, does anyone know why the club has decided to commence sales on the relatively late date of 1 July?

We've always been a bit slow off the mark, compared to other clubs, by starting sales in May but I can't think of a good reason to start sales so much later than usual...especially as details were announced before the Rochdale game.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Season Ticket renewals on 13:08 - May 20 with 1583 viewsgerry_us

Having in mind the majority age group supporting the U's, the club are probably hoping by July most of us will have forgotten we were relegated...
Season Ticket renewals on 17:09 - May 20 with 1558 viewsbwildered

The online computer system is away on holiday in Silicon Valley having a update party with his other chips !

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Season Ticket renewals on 17:34 - May 20 with 1552 viewsLeadbelly

Season Ticket renewals on 13:08 - May 20 by gerry_us

Having in mind the majority age group supporting the U's, the club are probably hoping by July most of us will have forgotten we were relegated...

We've been relegated? Why was I not consulted?

Season Ticket renewals on 17:40 - May 20 with 1549 viewsSector4

I am fed up with the decision to scrap the 12 match season ticket. Whilst there are the as yet undefined match credits there appears to be no incentive for me to make a pre season financial commitment. Think I will just go early bird. An own goal in my opinion by the club.
Season Ticket renewals on 10:57 - May 21 with 1505 viewsburnsieespana

Maybe because they hope to have some good news on playing front by then although does seem an odd decision because surely the sooner they get the money the better it is in financial terms for the club.
Season Ticket renewals on 21:39 - May 24 with 1437 viewsnoah4x4

I miss enough games to make renewal of my ST less attractive than it once was. I also don't want to buy a new shirt each year, so the shop voucher incentive meant little other than an unnecessary £40 addition to ST cost. Then once the FA Cup tickets advantage was also offered to 6/12 packs, I decided to change my purchasing pattern.

So I intended to scrap my annual ST for 2016-17 and replace it with a12 match; then buy a 6 match; then early bird ad hoc match tickets to instead create a bespoke package. Might not have saved me money, but offered more flexibility. Others were probably planning on doing likewise, and if we are again struggling by Xmas, the incentive to attend post Xmas games then diminishes.

I think the club then realised it had become too clever for its own good with these innovations and this switch was now a likely scenario; hence has pulled the plug on the 12 match package. So our only option now is the full ST package. Scrapping the 12 match package whilst reducing ST prices now makes commercial sense leaving us with no alternative.
[Post edited 24 May 2016 21:41]
Season Ticket renewals on 10:17 - Jun 3 with 1336 viewsSector4

Apparently the match credits will only be available on line with 10 matches costing £165. As 10 early bird tickets will cost £145 there seems little incentive to make an advance payment . Seems I am not alone in being a 12 match ticket holder who will be switching to early bird. The club has lost a source of pre season income.
Season Ticket renewals on 10:45 - Jun 3 with 1331 viewsLeadbelly

Season Ticket renewals on 10:17 - Jun 3 by Sector4

Apparently the match credits will only be available on line with 10 matches costing £165. As 10 early bird tickets will cost £145 there seems little incentive to make an advance payment . Seems I am not alone in being a 12 match ticket holder who will be switching to early bird. The club has lost a source of pre season income.

On that basis there is no incentive whatsoever to shell out in advance. I'm mystified by the decisions made regarding ticketing for next season. Why complicate it further?

Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket renewals on 13:45 - Jun 3 with 1312 viewsnoah4x4

But will 'match credits' offer (say) FA Cup ticket priority when ad hoc individual early bird doesn't? Will they offer a 10% discount in the shop?

I was ready to abandon buying my ST for a 12 and 6 pack deal knowing that last season the latter carried such attractive benefits. Instead, I will now buy another ST as there is not the same certainty for 'match credits', which I suspect are a deliberate change of direction simply to stop ST holders switching as I had intended. The club (IMHO) had gone too far down the route of gifting benefits normally reserved only for ST holders to 12/6 match deals.
Season Ticket renewals on 17:49 - Jun 7 with 1217 viewsSector4

Season Ticket renewals on 13:45 - Jun 3 by noah4x4

But will 'match credits' offer (say) FA Cup ticket priority when ad hoc individual early bird doesn't? Will they offer a 10% discount in the shop?

I was ready to abandon buying my ST for a 12 and 6 pack deal knowing that last season the latter carried such attractive benefits. Instead, I will now buy another ST as there is not the same certainty for 'match credits', which I suspect are a deliberate change of direction simply to stop ST holders switching as I had intended. The club (IMHO) had gone too far down the route of gifting benefits normally reserved only for ST holders to 12/6 match deals.

The comparative benefits were still distinct. Full season tickets could purchase for themselves and guests four days before match pack holders could buy just one ticket. That was the policy for the Charlton game, deadlines for spurs were reduced due to timescales caused by their replay. I don't think sharing 10% discounts on over priced polyester will have vexed too many full season ticket holders.
Season Ticket renewals on 18:00 - Jul 4 with 1055 viewsbwildered

Comments and thoughts on the button press revolution with the online process now in full swing. How did it go for you, what ever you applied for ?

Season Ticket renewals on 21:40 - Jul 4 with 1030 viewsLeadbelly

Season Ticket renewals on 18:00 - Jul 4 by bwildered

Comments and thoughts on the button press revolution with the online process now in full swing. How did it go for you, what ever you applied for ?

It worked although it took a lot of swearing to validate my membership.

Not impressed that the club are charging an admin. fee of £1 for those wishing to collect their purchases from the ticket office. I paid £1.50 to have mine delivered...it would cost more than 50p in diesel for a round trip from Lawford.

Still prefer dealing with a human being.

Season Ticket renewals on 22:05 - Jul 4 with 1021 viewsFruitbat

Season Ticket renewals on 21:40 - Jul 4 by Leadbelly

It worked although it took a lot of swearing to validate my membership.

Not impressed that the club are charging an admin. fee of £1 for those wishing to collect their purchases from the ticket office. I paid £1.50 to have mine delivered...it would cost more than 50p in diesel for a round trip from Lawford.

Still prefer dealing with a human being.

The admin charge pi$$ed me off. Ok, its only a quid so my annoyance is completely out of perspective but I was advertised a ticket for £293 and it cost me £294. Why not just make it £294 in the first place? Presumably this is the credit card charge which could be avoided by paying cash/cheque but we are forced online to get the lower price and my tablet doesn't process cheques!

On the plus side, the process does appear to have worked even if the link in the email didn't. Not sure why the 'activation' bit was necessary though. Particilarly as I'd already provided those details when setting up the account (which also wasn't publicised before getting to checkout.

Overall- it worked but could be better.
Season Ticket renewals on 08:08 - Jul 6 with 975 viewsbwildered

Totally agree Fruitbat .
Seat code already issued got me to has far has getting pop up for seat selected - but no instructions on how to proceed for there ( hit selected seat AGAIN for it to turn black and details will appear in drop down at bottom of screen , then takes you to payment details ).

Season Ticket renewals on 20:13 - Jul 11 with 905 viewsnoah4x4

I tried to buy my season ticket for my usual seat on line and found it unavailable. Did anybody get the promised email with a code? Everybody I have spoken with first had to phone, as I did. Waited ages "you are sixth in the queue". Was told to look in my spam box (wasn't there). Then got an email an hour later saying my code was something like this:

S2: Z40: XYZ 123

It was rejected five times before I got on the phone and waited another 20 minutes without response other than I was in a queue. I then gave up, and my wife suggested I might need to ignore the first five characters (e.g seat number). This worked, but it took me half a morning. Why not give clear guidance when introducing a new system?

Now I realise I have accidently selected "will collect" and find myself being charged a quid for the privilege of saving the club postage. Poor customer experience Col U.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2016 20:15]
Season Ticket renewals on 18:57 - Jul 12 with 868 viewsbwildered

Noah .
Received a club e-mail 4/7/2016 header - renewal information, which included a seat code ( six letters ) which I presume allocates my seat until date it will be released to the general public at the sated date if not renewed .
Once the seat plan was loaded, it was unclear how to proceed ( see previous post ) , hints & tips could have made the process easier in renew info .

Season Ticket renewals on 21:11 - Jul 17 with 793 viewsnoah4x4

Does Robbie Cowling think we are gullible?

We get relegated; he rightfully reduces ST prices by £30; and the club makes a big noise about that; but then reduces the accompanying club shop discount voucher by £30.

I still bought an away shirt, but feel my intelligence has been insulted.
Season Ticket renewals on 22:06 - Jul 17 with 782 viewsLeadbelly

Season Ticket renewals on 21:11 - Jul 17 by noah4x4

Does Robbie Cowling think we are gullible?

We get relegated; he rightfully reduces ST prices by £30; and the club makes a big noise about that; but then reduces the accompanying club shop discount voucher by £30.

I still bought an away shirt, but feel my intelligence has been insulted.

Does Robbie Cowling think we are gullible? I'm not convinced he thinks about the fans at all.

I didn't realise the value of vouchers has been reduced but then I haven't found anything I wanted to buy in the club shop for the last two years. I'd rather have had £40 off the cost of a ST than £40 of vouchers I can't use.

Season Ticket renewals on 00:47 - Jul 18 with 772 viewsnoah4x4

Season Ticket renewals on 22:06 - Jul 17 by Leadbelly

Does Robbie Cowling think we are gullible? I'm not convinced he thinks about the fans at all.

I didn't realise the value of vouchers has been reduced but then I haven't found anything I wanted to buy in the club shop for the last two years. I'd rather have had £40 off the cost of a ST than £40 of vouchers I can't use.

Agreed Lead', but it's the principle of crowing about reduced prices then giving with one hand and taking away with the other.

Apparently, you can still get your £40. But £10 is discounts in hotshots cafe. I can find stuff in the shop I might want, but in Hot Shots?????

Mind you, last year I bought FA Cup tickets with my vouchers.

One word of warning. M & S 3XL = Italian Macron 5XL.
Suggest one never buys Italian condoms (ouch!).
Season Ticket renewals on 11:59 - Jul 20 with 719 viewsnoah4x4

Loads of fans queuing to exchange new shirts that are too small. Yet another glorious screw up regarding supplier.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024