Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EU referendum 11:27 - May 26 with 5393 viewsburnsieespana

Don't want to know your views but only, is it your plan to vote on the 23rd of June?
EU referendum on 19:59 - Jun 26 with 1123 viewspwrightsknees

EU referendum on 18:36 - Jun 26 by jonestones

It's hard to always be well considered Gerry, when your whole livelihood and job security seems to be at threat. I may not be suggesting that you wave a flag, but I do have alot of sympathy for TOOT's point of view.

It is a worrying time. HSBC has already said it is likely to move 1,000 jobs to Paris and I have friends in accounting that have claimed that if we lose EU passporting then financial services in this country will become redunant, which would result in the loss of 10s of thousands of job loses.

It just seems to me that we have taken a massive risk with our countries future economic prosperity and our younger generations opportunities and security, without really thinking it through. Boris and Gove seem to have gone very quiet. What is the plan? where are the leaders that we desperately need? We don't even seem to have a plan A let alone a plan B.

Worring times indeed.

Jonesy. As a committed "leaver" (but not a "flag-waver") all my adult life, I'd like to compliment you on a well-considered post. It's far more persuasive than the tub-thumping, bullying, scaremongering rhetoric from the official "remain" politicians.

But it's your last paragraph that's really hitting hard. Where are Cameron, Osborne, Johnson, Gove, May, et al? They seem to have disappeared. We desperately need leadership and the situation is not helped by the Official Opposition tearing itself apart in public.
EU referendum on 20:11 - Jun 26 with 1115 viewsTheOldOakTree

[Post edited 27 Jun 2016 18:24]
EU referendum on 20:14 - Jun 26 with 1110 viewsLeadbelly

EU referendum on 19:59 - Jun 26 by pwrightsknees

Jonesy. As a committed "leaver" (but not a "flag-waver") all my adult life, I'd like to compliment you on a well-considered post. It's far more persuasive than the tub-thumping, bullying, scaremongering rhetoric from the official "remain" politicians.

But it's your last paragraph that's really hitting hard. Where are Cameron, Osborne, Johnson, Gove, May, et al? They seem to have disappeared. We desperately need leadership and the situation is not helped by the Official Opposition tearing itself apart in public.

Boris and Gove are meeting with other conservative MPs at the moment. I suspect this is more about how to take control of their party than how they sort out the mess they have created.

Her Majesty's official opposition has decided to focus on ousting it's leader rather than dealing with more pressing matters before them.

Cameron, resigned, and Osborne, looking for a new job soon, lost the argument and have probably decided to leave the shouting to others for now.

An appalling mess for sure and an unedifying spectacle in my opinion, made all the worse by the fact that we didn't need to have a referendum at all and yet worse because these are the people who will probably be negotiating the exit from Europe. If the UK has its pants pulled down don't be surprised.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

EU referendum on 14:59 - Jun 27 with 1043 viewsLeadbelly

https://ukconstitutionallaw.org/2016/06/27/nick-barber-tom-hickman-and-jeff-king

Worth reading.

EU referendum on 15:57 - Jun 27 with 1037 viewsTheOldOakTree

EU referendum on 14:59 - Jun 27 by Leadbelly

https://ukconstitutionallaw.org/2016/06/27/nick-barber-tom-hickman-and-jeff-king

Worth reading.

[Post edited 27 Jun 2016 18:22]
EU referendum on 17:23 - Jun 27 with 1016 viewsbwildered

Them pre-referendum halcyon days/ decades - no unemployed , markets only went up and no recession ( and the mini was really mini ).

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

EU referendum on 17:35 - Jun 27 with 1010 viewsTheOldOakTree

EU referendum on 17:23 - Jun 27 by bwildered

Them pre-referendum halcyon days/ decades - no unemployed , markets only went up and no recession ( and the mini was really mini ).

[Post edited 27 Jun 2016 18:20]
EU referendum on 18:48 - Jun 27 with 990 viewsthrillseeker

EU referendum on 17:35 - Jun 27 by TheOldOakTree

[Post edited 27 Jun 2016 18:20]

TOOT - you're getting like Barside with all the edits/ removing of post minutes after posting them.
Login to get fewer ads

EU referendum (n/t) on 19:10 - Jun 27 with 988 viewsTheOldOakTree

EU referendum on 18:48 - Jun 27 by thrillseeker

TOOT - you're getting like Barside with all the edits/ removing of post minutes after posting them.

[Post edited 28 Jun 2016 8:15]
EU referendum on 19:26 - Jun 27 with 981 viewspwrightsknees

EU referendum (n/t) on 19:10 - Jun 27 by TheOldOakTree

No TOOT! No apology necessary - not to me anyway. You've put forward some powerful arguments which have made me look again at my own position, although, on balance, and in hindsight, my choice would have remained the same.

Let's hope that, either in or out of the EU, we can continue sensible debate with respect to each other.
EU referendum on 19:44 - Jun 27 with 979 viewsthrillseeker

EU referendum (n/t) on 19:10 - Jun 27 by TheOldOakTree

TOOT - I have enjoyed reading your rants just like I have enjoyed reading pwk's, Gerry's, LB's, noahs' and other's postings

This forum has great written pieces by all of you.

Definitely entertaining TOOT

I doubt any of us will agree on the rights and wrong of the recent Referendum. I bet the only subject we would ever agree on is our desire for Colchester United to be successful
EU referendum on 20:27 - Jun 27 with 971 viewsLeadbelly

EU referendum on 19:44 - Jun 27 by thrillseeker

TOOT - I have enjoyed reading your rants just like I have enjoyed reading pwk's, Gerry's, LB's, noahs' and other's postings

This forum has great written pieces by all of you.

Definitely entertaining TOOT

I doubt any of us will agree on the rights and wrong of the recent Referendum. I bet the only subject we would ever agree on is our desire for Colchester United to be successful

Tony Humes would disagree with your final paragraph.

EU referendum on 12:11 - Jun 28 with 935 viewsbwildered

No TOOT no .
We may all have different views , but we all have a common denominator in our lives --- CUFC .

EU referendum on 14:30 - Jun 28 with 921 viewsLeadbelly

To set the scene, I work in commercial property.

I had one meeting with clients yesterday, two this morning. Two of them are companies working in recruitment, both of whom have been inundated with clients telling them to scrap personnel searches. The other is an international bank. They have just agreed a lease to move their European HQ within London. They said if they were starting their search now they would almost certainly be looking at continental Europe rather than the UK.

As a firm we have also lost some lucrative business as clients won't commit to relocations due to the uncertainty.

A friend of mine was at a breakfast seminar on economics this morning. William Hague was guest speaker. He said there is no turning back but those involved fear it may take 10 years to resolve.

At least we have that £350m a week to evict muslims from the NHS or whatever equally barmy lie Farage told everybody.

EU referendum on 15:31 - Jun 28 with 915 viewsjonestones

EU referendum on 14:30 - Jun 28 by Leadbelly

To set the scene, I work in commercial property.

I had one meeting with clients yesterday, two this morning. Two of them are companies working in recruitment, both of whom have been inundated with clients telling them to scrap personnel searches. The other is an international bank. They have just agreed a lease to move their European HQ within London. They said if they were starting their search now they would almost certainly be looking at continental Europe rather than the UK.

As a firm we have also lost some lucrative business as clients won't commit to relocations due to the uncertainty.

A friend of mine was at a breakfast seminar on economics this morning. William Hague was guest speaker. He said there is no turning back but those involved fear it may take 10 years to resolve.

At least we have that £350m a week to evict muslims from the NHS or whatever equally barmy lie Farage told everybody.

It's all very depressing.

Not only has Farage now claimed that the £350 million a week statement was wrong and should never have been made, he is now lording it at the European parliament. Just see the link. What must other nations now think of us? And to top it all off our national football team is c%*&.

As I said, it's all very depressing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36650014
EU referendum on 16:04 - Jun 29 with 866 viewsMoor_Pinot

Thank you all for your honesty and balance.
It is all very depressing and I have always considered that a large proportion of people voting out simply did not know what the likely outcomes would be - only what they hoped they would be. That is becoming clearer with Boris' silence for example. What have we done?
But whatever individuals did on this excellent board the views are respected because brains were engaged. Difficult times indeed.

Moor Pinot

EU referendum on 19:23 - Jun 29 with 854 viewsburnsieespana

From what started off as a very simple question this has developed into a really good debate with some superb postings.
Like others on here I have been a passionate European since the age of 20 so now 50 years and have never changed my views and as you know I spend most of my time in Spain where the people in our village, at least were totally shocked.
Some here say the reason why the PP made gains on Sunday was because the people did not want Spain to elect or give greater power to Podemos, which is seen as a very left of centre party and only ten days ago were expected to make substanial gains when, in fact on Sunday they lost ground.
Our love for Colchester United completely unites us and been good to see some positive transfer activity in recent days.
EU referendum on 13:27 - Jun 30 with 829 viewsLeadbelly

Boris Johnson announced earlier today that he won't be standing in the contest to become the new leader of the Conservative party. Having been a prime architect of the Leave campaign with long held ambitions to be Prime Minister I wonder why he has made this decision? Perhaps he now realises that a terrible mistake has been made and he doesn't fancy being the one to clean up after himself.

EU referendum on 14:42 - Jun 30 with 823 viewsMoor_Pinot

Precisely Whalers..............and I wouldn't put it past him to let that worm Gove suffer in his stead either.
What a mess we're in and like you, I feared it weeks ago.

Moor Pinot

EU referendum on 14:43 - Jun 30 with 823 viewsLeadbelly

If you don't like rude words, look away...

EU referendum on 16:57 - Jun 30 with 811 viewsbwildered

Reckon taking his VW away for emmision testing must have put him in a bad mood !

EU referendum on 09:15 - Jul 1 with 785 viewsdurham_exile

EU referendum on 14:42 - Jun 30 by Moor_Pinot

Precisely Whalers..............and I wouldn't put it past him to let that worm Gove suffer in his stead either.
What a mess we're in and like you, I feared it weeks ago.

Boris' duplicity yesterday was unbelievable. Having singlehandedly caused much of this mess to then betray those who were fooled by the lies and misleading stories is without doubt the worst part of this whole fiasco.

Simply shocking.

Durham_exile

EU referendum on 14:57 - Jul 1 with 769 viewsnoah4x4

The FTSE100 bouncing back is now being used in the 'pub by those in the leave camp as vindication that life is back to normal, But when has Stock Exchange performance been a good indicator of UK economic fortune and the prospects for the ordinary man in the street?

The truth, as already highlighted by others, is that employer's are cancelling recruitment and investors delaying investment. The £pound has collapsed making imports more expensive and what do we manufacturer to export? The City of London which generates our 'invisible' export earnings has been screwed. I read today that forecasts are that the economy will rapidly lose more than we contribute to the EU.

Now the Germans and French are refusing to negotiate any terms of exit until we start the two year countdown so this limbo will be extended. But how can we commence Brexit properwhen all of the political parties are struggling for leadership? Boris and Gove should be burnt at the stake for the poisonous damage they have done to our country..
EU referendum on 17:27 - Jul 1 with 754 viewsbwildered

This Eton mess was started by the soon ex PM in the pre coalition election run up, with UKIP taking votes he promised a referendum on the Euro issues to regain votes that might be lost, to gain power. Alas this was not forth coming, with the Lib Dem pact, so again remembered to stay in power had to promise the same in the next manifesto, but now with a majority had to go to the country to save credibility .
The rest is history .

EU referendum (n/t) on 17:39 - Jul 1 with 750 viewsTheOldOakTree

EU referendum on 14:57 - Jul 1 by noah4x4

The FTSE100 bouncing back is now being used in the 'pub by those in the leave camp as vindication that life is back to normal, But when has Stock Exchange performance been a good indicator of UK economic fortune and the prospects for the ordinary man in the street?

The truth, as already highlighted by others, is that employer's are cancelling recruitment and investors delaying investment. The £pound has collapsed making imports more expensive and what do we manufacturer to export? The City of London which generates our 'invisible' export earnings has been screwed. I read today that forecasts are that the economy will rapidly lose more than we contribute to the EU.

Now the Germans and French are refusing to negotiate any terms of exit until we start the two year countdown so this limbo will be extended. But how can we commence Brexit properwhen all of the political parties are struggling for leadership? Boris and Gove should be burnt at the stake for the poisonous damage they have done to our country..

[Post edited 22 Jul 2016 15:57]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024