Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wonder if ? 12:39 - May 28 with 617 viewsbwildered

Wonder if the club will do similar to Ayr Utd and advertise the new kit via body painted topless model !!!!!

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Wonder if ? on 14:12 - May 28 with 609 viewswessex_exile

Be careful what you wish for, might be Tony Humes :-)

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Wonder if ? (n/t) on 17:58 - May 28 with 591 viewsTheOldOakTree

[Post edited 28 Jun 2016 8:40]
Wonder if ? on 20:45 - May 28 with 571 viewswessex_exile

Wonder if ? (n/t) on 17:58 - May 28 by TheOldOakTree

[Post edited 28 Jun 2016 8:40]

Fax is probably a technological step too far, try a pigeon.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Wonder if ? on 07:12 - May 29 with 555 viewsnoah4x4

Wonder if ? on 20:45 - May 28 by wessex_exile

Fax is probably a technological step too far, try a pigeon.

Pigeon?

Opportunity to go off -topic....that is ......if we had a topic.... (self service VII potential?).

Anybody instead got a drone (and I don't mean bagpipes)?

Saw one yesterday.....£1,400 for a remote controlled four engine thingy and the camera was extra. I wonder, how long before they can deliver my half time pie by drone?

I can understand somebody buying a proper model helicopter (I have one and have so far mastered the most spectacular crashes but limited flight), but what is the point of a drone unless you want to bomb or photograph an enemy or for commercial photography purposes. Why would a member of the public want with a drone except for a bit of peeping tom-foolery?

There is little skill compared to controlling a proper twin rotor (model) chopper and having seen the dancer flirting with dozens of them on Britain's Got Talent, what next for the domestic drone? How long before one endangers an aircraft?

I also didn't realise how prevalent Laser Pens have become. For £8.99 you can get one with a range of 8,000 metres (n.b. the peak of Mt Everest is 8,848 m) and that's well below aircraft flight levels in UK holding patterns or approach and take off. Who needs such power? There are no restrictions on purchase, so any nutter (or a child) can potentially buy one to bring down an aircraft by blinding the pilot. Can't they be restricted to 50 metres range for legitimate users such as university lecturers?

Isn't it time we had a law that prevents the unrestricted sale of dangerous stuff like this? It probably needs to be European wide, so maybe it's an example where EU law-making power might be an advantage?

What other technology should we prohibit?
Wonder if ? on 09:41 - May 29 with 545 viewsLeadbelly

Wonder if ? on 07:12 - May 29 by noah4x4

Pigeon?

Opportunity to go off -topic....that is ......if we had a topic.... (self service VII potential?).

Anybody instead got a drone (and I don't mean bagpipes)?

Saw one yesterday.....£1,400 for a remote controlled four engine thingy and the camera was extra. I wonder, how long before they can deliver my half time pie by drone?

I can understand somebody buying a proper model helicopter (I have one and have so far mastered the most spectacular crashes but limited flight), but what is the point of a drone unless you want to bomb or photograph an enemy or for commercial photography purposes. Why would a member of the public want with a drone except for a bit of peeping tom-foolery?

There is little skill compared to controlling a proper twin rotor (model) chopper and having seen the dancer flirting with dozens of them on Britain's Got Talent, what next for the domestic drone? How long before one endangers an aircraft?

I also didn't realise how prevalent Laser Pens have become. For £8.99 you can get one with a range of 8,000 metres (n.b. the peak of Mt Everest is 8,848 m) and that's well below aircraft flight levels in UK holding patterns or approach and take off. Who needs such power? There are no restrictions on purchase, so any nutter (or a child) can potentially buy one to bring down an aircraft by blinding the pilot. Can't they be restricted to 50 metres range for legitimate users such as university lecturers?

Isn't it time we had a law that prevents the unrestricted sale of dangerous stuff like this? It probably needs to be European wide, so maybe it's an example where EU law-making power might be an advantage?

What other technology should we prohibit?

I could certainly make use of a drone with a decent camera when I go fishing. The use of boats is banned on the majority of waters. I can think of two I fished a couple of years ago which were so weedy it was almost impossible to find clear patches or underwater features (second is easy in a clear water) A drone would have been the perfect tool in that situation.

My step-son is very interested in photography and film making. A drone is on his list of things to buy but the quality of the camera he wants means the whole package is quite expensive. He has had numerous model helicopters in the past and has been able to fly them with a degree of success but they are very difficult to master and alarmingly unreliable.

Drones also have numerous uses once a camera is attached. I saw a report on TV last year about a competition, in one of the Gulf countries, to find new uses for drones, with significant funds for further development as the prize. Very interesting, especially the drone that flies within a protective ball so it can be used to enter dangerous situations, such as collapsed buildings or pot holes, to undertake searches for trapped people.

I think drones are brilliant. The fact that some will be misused by dickheads is frustrating but the dick head factor applies to everything these days. Shouldn't spoil everything for the rest of us.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024