Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Heart or Head today? 12:03 - May 30 with 1038 viewswessex_exile

Who do we want to keep in League 2 from today's play-off final - mega-bastards Plymuff or plucky back-from-the-dead Wimbledon?

I would love to see Wimbledon get promotion to face the Mongs on an equal footing next season, but also I would much rather a trip to Kings Meadow than Home Park next season (apart from the dubious delights of a trip to the ever-charming Home Park, Kings Meadow is actually closer, even for me!).

Has to be heart today - come on Wimbledon!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Heart or Head today? on 12:17 - May 30 with 1033 viewsbwildered

Mongs v Dons has a delightful appeal for justice in the football fraternity .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Heart or Head today? on 15:18 - May 30 with 1013 viewsjonestones

Heart or Head today? on 12:17 - May 30 by bwildered

Mongs v Dons has a delightful appeal for justice in the football fraternity .

I'd like Wimbledon to win as we are moving to Cornwall in the summer and Plymouth will be the closest away fixture for me next season.
Heart or Head today? on 17:59 - May 30 with 994 viewsLeadbelly

Delighted for Wimbledon. I can't believe many football fans could begrudge them promotion and a chance to beat the franchise scum.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Heart or Head today? on 18:15 - May 30 with 987 viewsdurham_exile

Heart or Head today? on 15:18 - May 30 by jonestones

I'd like Wimbledon to win as we are moving to Cornwall in the summer and Plymouth will be the closest away fixture for me next season.

And Exeter City.

My eldest son lives in Cornwall and I have lined up those two games already!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Heart or Head today? on 19:25 - May 30 with 976 viewsjonestones

Heart or Head today? on 18:15 - May 30 by durham_exile

And Exeter City.

Up the U's

See you there then Durham!
Heart or Head today? on 10:50 - May 31 with 942 viewsnoah4x4

Heart or Head today? on 18:15 - May 30 by durham_exile

And Exeter City.

Up the U's

My son lives in Crawley.

Told you relegation had a silver lining Durham!
Heart or Head today? on 16:03 - May 31 with 918 viewsMoor_Pinot

And mine lives in Douglas.............so that won't help me much!

Moor Pinot

Heart or Head today? on 00:37 - Jun 1 with 876 viewswessex_exile

Heart or Head today? on 16:03 - May 31 by Moor_Pinot

And mine lives in Douglas.............so that won't help me much!

I was interested, so googled IoM football. St Georges seem to be the recent dominant force on the island, who play at a ground called The Campsite (used apparently for such during the TT). I chuckled to read on Wikipedia that the capacity is listed as "50 tents" :-)

Up the U's

Login to get fewer ads

Heart or Head today? on 10:48 - Jun 1 with 853 viewsMoor_Pinot

Yep - you're right Wesser. However there are 91000 folk on the IoM v 72000 on Guernsey who have reached step 4 of our pyramid. I read in the Non League Paper that the IoM [& Jersey in fact] are considering 'doing a Guernsey'. I shall watch with interest whereas over here I have just - after 7 months - managed to finally work out the step system parallel to the English one - seems as though my locals EF Aubusson are step 4, so next season maybe I'll pop along - entry is free but can't say I fancy the 8pm Sunday kick offs!

Moor Pinot

Heart or Head today? on 22:17 - Jun 1 with 821 viewswessex_exile

Heart or Head today? on 10:48 - Jun 1 by Moor_Pinot

Yep - you're right Wesser. However there are 91000 folk on the IoM v 72000 on Guernsey who have reached step 4 of our pyramid. I read in the Non League Paper that the IoM [& Jersey in fact] are considering 'doing a Guernsey'. I shall watch with interest whereas over here I have just - after 7 months - managed to finally work out the step system parallel to the English one - seems as though my locals EF Aubusson are step 4, so next season maybe I'll pop along - entry is free but can't say I fancy the 8pm Sunday kick offs!

It would be great to see Isle of Man do a "Guernsey" and have a manx team challenging within the FA football pyramid, but do you think there's enough appetite for a unified team that (sort of) represents all the different clubs on the island?

Up the U's

Heart or Head today? on 10:29 - Jun 2 with 802 viewsMoor_Pinot

Agree again Wesser. Appetite? Well I'm not sure Wess I'll try to ask VES. They do enjoy their motorcycling whereas on Guern football is definitely the number one sport.
There's money on the IoM and there'd need to be. The FA only permitted Guern to enter the English pyramid [at step 6 Southern Counties League] IF they paid all the away travel costs. This was significant for them of course even with an average crowd of 750-1000 and super sponsorship from Specsavers! Whether Manx passion is equivalent I'm not sure but I'd love to see it. With their excellent air links they could probably choose the North West Counties league or one of the Midlands leagues accessed from Liverpool. Manchester or Brum airports. Jersey - with its bigger population - still just prefers rugby over football and of course they already are in the rugby set up in England, quite high up - and maybe because of this they are looking at the northern France football leagues I think.

Delighted Wimbledon went up. Perfectly happy to see Plymouth in the Conference, though not with us. Admit I'm worried though!

Up the U's ..... and the Manxmen!

Moor Pinot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024