Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barsidepete Banned 18:12 - Jun 12 with 4767 viewsDaniel

Enough is enough. I have taken the decision to give Pete a hiatus from the site and cleaned up some of his drivel and insults of the past few days.

Enjoy a nonsense free zone til the end of the month, then I'll open a vote to see it we'll welcome him back.
Barsidepete Banned on 18:46 - Jun 12 with 3410 viewsLeadbelly

Thank you Daniel.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Barsidepete Banned on 19:16 - Jun 12 with 3397 viewsgerry_us

Good decision Daniel, just before I had decided to block him myself.
Barsidepete Banned on 20:38 - Jun 12 with 3371 viewsBFG

[Post edited 21 Jun 2016 22:17]
Barsidepete Banned on 20:53 - Jun 12 with 3350 viewsdurham_exile

Fully support this action Daniel.

Durham_exile

Barsidepete Banned on 23:41 - Jun 12 with 3307 viewswessex_exile

As you know, I put Pete on my ignore list some time ago. Even so, as I swap back and forth from laptop and iPhone, when I'm not logged I have occasionally caught some of his contributions - including some of his particularly distasteful stuff most recently. I agree with your decision 100% Daniel, if for no other reason than to give Pete some space and time to sort himself out.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Barsidepete Banned on 12:44 - Jun 13 with 3262 viewsMoor_Pinot

Thank you Daniel. There has been an incongruity about posts from that poster when compared to everyone else.

Moor Pinot

Barsidepete Banned on 13:20 - Jun 13 with 3251 viewsTheOldOakTree

[Post edited 27 Jun 2016 18:34]
Barsidepete Banned (n/t) on 14:57 - Jun 13 with 3231 viewsColukev

[Post edited 15 Jun 2016 9:31]
Login to get fewer ads

Barsidepete Banned on 22:32 - Jun 14 with 3138 viewsburnsieespana

Very sad because somebody in his position has a very hard time.
Barsidepete Banned on 12:21 - Jun 15 with 3101 viewsthrillseeker

Go away for a few weeks and return to this - WOW

Dan is the moderator of the forum and someone who knows Pete well so it must have been a big decision for him to make a temporary suspension but as the moderator I will support his decision.

Pete has been through it recently and maybe this board is his way of trying to cope with things. I've obviously missed what was written but I'm sure there was no harm meant
Barsidepete Banned on 21:17 - Jun 15 with 3060 viewsjonestones

Barsidepete Banned on 12:21 - Jun 15 by thrillseeker

Go away for a few weeks and return to this - WOW

Dan is the moderator of the forum and someone who knows Pete well so it must have been a big decision for him to make a temporary suspension but as the moderator I will support his decision.

Pete has been through it recently and maybe this board is his way of trying to cope with things. I've obviously missed what was written but I'm sure there was no harm meant

"but I'm sure he meant no harm"

Yes I agree... as long as you are white.

I know that many of you know Pete in the real world, I don't.

I am also sympathetic that he is having a bad time at the moment.

However, that doesn't give him the right to make racial slurs and pass judgement like he has recently.

I consider his comments in his M. Ali thread to be racist and I think Daniel, for the good of the board, has made the right decsion.
Barsidepete Banned on 18:04 - Jun 16 with 3007 viewsthrillseeker

Barsidepete Banned on 21:17 - Jun 15 by jonestones

"but I'm sure he meant no harm"

Yes I agree... as long as you are white.

I know that many of you know Pete in the real world, I don't.

I am also sympathetic that he is having a bad time at the moment.

However, that doesn't give him the right to make racial slurs and pass judgement like he has recently.

I consider his comments in his M. Ali thread to be racist and I think Daniel, for the good of the board, has made the right decsion.

As I said I've been away and have obviously missed the relevant comments you mention.

Daniel is the moderator and I accept his decisoin
Barsidepete Banned on 20:50 - Jun 16 with 2980 viewswessex_exile

Barsidepete Banned on 18:04 - Jun 16 by thrillseeker

As I said I've been away and have obviously missed the relevant comments you mention.

Daniel is the moderator and I accept his decisoin

TS, since I put Pete on my ignore list I have been resolutely silent where Pete's posts have been concerned. This is despite frequent abusive and indeed threatening messages on here from him to me. You may not have seen the most recent unpleasantness, but I'm sure you must have seen at least some of the rest? (obviously assuming you get to see them before Pete edits them later on?). Pete has undoubtedly been through some difficult times in the last year or so, haven't we all, and maybe Pete's way of dealing with his is via a public forum - it's not my way, it's probably not yours, and I suspect it's not the way of anyone else on here. Should he be banned as a result - absolutely not. Should he be banned for a long history of abuse, threats and unpleasantness, culminating in some vile racist shite - definitely so.

Personally, I believe Pete has some serious mental health issues, and I would hope he takes the time out to get some professional help.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Barsidepete Banned on 01:03 - Jun 17 with 2943 viewspwrightsknees

Barsidepete Banned on 20:50 - Jun 16 by wessex_exile

TS, since I put Pete on my ignore list I have been resolutely silent where Pete's posts have been concerned. This is despite frequent abusive and indeed threatening messages on here from him to me. You may not have seen the most recent unpleasantness, but I'm sure you must have seen at least some of the rest? (obviously assuming you get to see them before Pete edits them later on?). Pete has undoubtedly been through some difficult times in the last year or so, haven't we all, and maybe Pete's way of dealing with his is via a public forum - it's not my way, it's probably not yours, and I suspect it's not the way of anyone else on here. Should he be banned as a result - absolutely not. Should he be banned for a long history of abuse, threats and unpleasantness, culminating in some vile racist shite - definitely so.

Personally, I believe Pete has some serious mental health issues, and I would hope he takes the time out to get some professional help.

I agree with you, Wessex. I stopped reading Pete's posts some time ago. Partly because I often didn't understand them and also because, when I did understand them, I was not always comfortable with the content. Consequently, I did not realise that there was some personal content.

We know that Pete has had some tough times. We do not know what emotional effect that may have had, and if those emotions have been released through his posts on here. But lets be clear. Rantings and ravings, racism and other anti-social comments are not for this forum, whatever the motivation. So, well done Daniel for putting a halt to it..

A cooling-off period is, therefore, in my view, the correct first step. Let's see where that takes us.
Barsidepete Banned on 15:26 - Jun 17 with 2894 viewsburnsieespana

Barsidepete Banned on 01:03 - Jun 17 by pwrightsknees

I agree with you, Wessex. I stopped reading Pete's posts some time ago. Partly because I often didn't understand them and also because, when I did understand them, I was not always comfortable with the content. Consequently, I did not realise that there was some personal content.

We know that Pete has had some tough times. We do not know what emotional effect that may have had, and if those emotions have been released through his posts on here. But lets be clear. Rantings and ravings, racism and other anti-social comments are not for this forum, whatever the motivation. So, well done Daniel for putting a halt to it..

A cooling-off period is, therefore, in my view, the correct first step. Let's see where that takes us.

Good sensible and thoughtful post pwrightknees..
Barsidepete Banned on 17:10 - Jun 20 with 2794 viewsmrhappy

Gordon Bennett - I arrive back to controversy !

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

Barsidepete Banned on 18:35 - Jun 20 with 2787 viewsnoah4x4

In a week when the democratic process was undermined by the assassination of a fine public servant in the UK and 50 people were shot dead by another idiot in the USA; can we tolerate any racist, homophobic or any other none PC behaviour? NO!

But everybody needs a second chance if they show remorse.
Barsidepete Banned on 18:40 - Jun 20 with 2783 viewsgerry_us

Barsidepete Banned on 17:10 - Jun 20 by mrhappy

Gordon Bennett - I arrive back to controversy !

Where have you been Happy? On the space station ?
And you have missed a category on your poll...."A total ars&ole".
I for one am happy not to have to read his posts and rants now and in the future.
Barsidepete Banned on 11:12 - Jun 21 with 2740 viewsmrhappy

Barsidepete Banned on 18:40 - Jun 20 by gerry_us

Where have you been Happy? On the space station ?
And you have missed a category on your poll...."A total ars&ole".
I for one am happy not to have to read his posts and rants now and in the future.

lol
that did make me laugh.

I agree he is 'opinionated'

Ill give him a call sometime.

cheers

Barsidepete Banned on 11:20 - Jun 21 with 2739 viewsmrhappy

He can be very thoughful at times ...

Are you in trouble, J (MR H)? I need then to talk to you via phone to understand. 571-235-2359 .. I'll wire you a hundred, two hundred quid immediately if necessary. What is up?? You in dire straights?

Barsidepete Banned on 16:42 - Jun 24 with 2593 viewsjonestones

Barsidepete Banned on 11:20 - Jun 21 by mrhappy

He can be very thoughful at times ...

Are you in trouble, J (MR H)? I need then to talk to you via phone to understand. 571-235-2359 .. I'll wire you a hundred, two hundred quid immediately if necessary. What is up?? You in dire straights?

You can send me the £300 if Barside doesn't take you up on your offer.
Barsidepete Banned on 16:43 - Jun 24 with 2591 viewsjonestones

I don't have to pay it back do I?

Barsidepete Banned on 13:22 - Jun 27 with 2498 viewsmrhappy

nah

Barsidepete Banned on 19:56 - Jun 27 with 2468 viewsnoah4x4

I miss Pete's lucid more sensible rants.

Has he shown enough remorse yet?

We need the USA on our side after Brexit.
Barsidepete Banned on 23:05 - Jun 27 with 2452 viewsgerry_us

Barsidepete Banned on 19:56 - Jun 27 by noah4x4

I miss Pete's lucid more sensible rants.

Has he shown enough remorse yet?

We need the USA on our side after Brexit.

Don't think you would want him back after tonight's result!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024