Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
V Wales 06:52 - Jun 16 with 544 viewsbwildered

With a 14-00 hrs kick off , any Likey Lads stories to avoid game to watch later ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

V Wales (n/t) on 11:05 - Jun 16 with 527 viewsTheOldOakTree

[Post edited 27 Jun 2016 18:46]
V Wales on 20:26 - Jun 16 with 502 viewsLeadbelly

No shortage of people inside and outside pubs in Marylebone and the City this afternoon. Sadly I couldn't join them as I had a series of meetings with clients.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

V Wales on 21:08 - Jun 16 with 497 viewswessex_exile

V Wales on 20:26 - Jun 16 by Leadbelly

No shortage of people inside and outside pubs in Marylebone and the City this afternoon. Sadly I couldn't join them as I had a series of meetings with clients.

England won 2-1...oh shite, sorry Whales :-)

Many years ago, as a child I was waiting for the Match of the Day highlights of our replay against Derby. As they did their traditional "look away now" bit on the news, I closed my eyes firmly, put my fingers in my ears, and recited the usual "lalala" mantra to try and block anything out. Once it was safe to proceed, one of my sisters just said "don't know what the fuss was about, they lost didn't they..."

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

V Wales on 21:55 - Jun 16 with 495 viewsLeadbelly

V Wales on 21:08 - Jun 16 by wessex_exile

England won 2-1...oh shite, sorry Whales :-)

Many years ago, as a child I was waiting for the Match of the Day highlights of our replay against Derby. As they did their traditional "look away now" bit on the news, I closed my eyes firmly, put my fingers in my ears, and recited the usual "lalala" mantra to try and block anything out. Once it was safe to proceed, one of my sisters just said "don't know what the fuss was about, they lost didn't they..."

I was checking the score between meetings and knew we'd won before I went into my 4pm. Even if I had tried to avoid the result until I got home you can rest assured the very boisterous and noisy mob outside Hamilton Hall would have let the cat out the bag before you could.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

V Wales on 22:14 - Jun 16 with 488 viewsbwildered

Knew the half time score only ( radio news give half time score ) . Got home to watch whole match on iplayer later .
Was wondering why Sturridge came on has sub with ten minutes to go , ( so what do I know ).

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

V Wales on 22:41 - Jun 17 with 459 viewsdurham_exile

Bwildered I had a meeting to attend yesterday between 2pm - 5pm and four of us travelled to and from in the same car. They were not football fans and so no radio coverage in the car. I left my mobile at home and there was no TV or radio access during the meeting.

My sons were sworn to secrecy too and when I returned home at 6pm I watched the whole match uninterrupted and very enjoyable it was too.

Unlike Terry and Bob though I didn't have someone trying to introduce a plot spoiler but unlike their story line at least our match took place and England won. Whereas the lads fictitious England v Bulgaria game was off because of fog!

Fortunately Monday evening I will be able to watch live without any drama and trust that englandwill top the group.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024