Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monkey Hangers XI - 2016 18:58 - Jun 29 with 1208 viewsbwildered

Walker

Brindley
Wynter
Prosser
Briggs

Garvan
Lapsie
Szmodics
Drey Wright

Johnstone
Porter

Enough to get us a play off position ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Monkey Hangers XI - 2016 on 19:05 - Jun 29 with 1203 viewsFruitbat

It'll never be 4-4-2!
Monkey Hangers XI - 2016 on 19:49 - Jun 29 with 1188 viewsdurham_exile

I will keep my selection for a couple more weeks to await the introduction of another classy midfielder.

Suggest that JM will be playing wingers in which case Senior and Dickenson should both be in line for a start.

Prediction is for automatic promotion and Johnstone to score 20+ goals for the U's.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Monkey Hangers XI - 2016 on 21:35 - Jun 29 with 1169 viewsgerry_us

Monkey Hangers XI - 2016 on 19:49 - Jun 29 by durham_exile

I will keep my selection for a couple more weeks to await the introduction of another classy midfielder.

Suggest that JM will be playing wingers in which case Senior and Dickenson should both be in line for a start.

Prediction is for automatic promotion and Johnstone to score 20+ goals for the U's.

Up the U's

That's more like the Durham we have all come to look to for a good grounded view of our favourite team. If you can now guarantee a victory in our first match of the new season I could make the journey into unknown parts as have never been to Hartlepool. There again, has anyone been there "willingly"?
Monkey Hangers XI - 2016 on 22:06 - Jun 29 with 1164 viewsdurham_exile

Monkey Hangers XI - 2016 on 21:35 - Jun 29 by gerry_us

That's more like the Durham we have all come to look to for a good grounded view of our favourite team. If you can now guarantee a victory in our first match of the new season I could make the journey into unknown parts as have never been to Hartlepool. There again, has anyone been there "willingly"?

Gerry - no one ever willingly goes to Hartlepool. However there has been considerable investment in the town notably around the harbour, (the historic quay) where the HMS Trincomalee is moored (worth a Google).

The ground underwent considerable refurbishment some years ago. I have been to numerous games over the years and normally when we win at Victoria park we get promoted!

Equally we have often been defeated, but I remember one classic game where having had our centre half dismissed after 90 seconds we defended like dervishes and fought out a 0-0 draw.

The last time we played them on the first game of the season we lost 4-2 and it was that fateful game that saw Jeff Stelling first display the infamous James brown doll on sky sports.

I will be there in August to watch the U's kick off with a victory.

Up the U's
[Post edited 30 Jun 2016 15:34]

Durham_exile

Monkey Hangers XI - 2016 on 17:06 - Jul 1 with 1088 viewsbwildered

Walker

Brindley
Prosser
Wynter
Brindley

Garvan
Loft
Szmodics
Lapsie
Drey Wright

Porter / Johnstone

Enough to get a play off berth .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Monkey Hangers XI - 2016 on 19:56 - Jul 1 with 1071 viewsdurham_exile

Monkey Hangers XI - 2016 on 17:06 - Jul 1 by bwildered

Walker

Brindley
Prosser
Wynter
Brindley

Garvan
Loft
Szmodics
Lapsie
Drey Wright

Porter / Johnstone

Enough to get a play off berth .

With Tom Eastman hopefully signing JM has a strong squad which is quietly being assembled.

Exciting pre season in the offing.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Monkey Hangers XI - 2016 on 18:12 - Jul 23 with 922 viewsbwildered

Updated - after

Walker

Brindley
Wynter
Prosser
Briggs

Dickinson
Loft