Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clash Kit revealed 14:37 - Jul 8 with 1343 viewsdurham_exile

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/838948969?-1870:983:0

Lime Green looks very bright.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Clash Kit revealed on 16:06 - Jul 8 with 1334 viewsFruitbat

Nice subtle colour.
Clash Kit revealed on 20:25 - Jul 8 with 1297 viewsLeadbelly

Vile.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Clash Kit revealed on 09:21 - Jul 9 with 1276 viewsnoah4x4

ECB ACO (cricket umpires) had that lime green and it attracts millions of bugs! I have seen some running to get changed amid a swarm of aphids.

The bright yellow change kit thatvwe had a while back did the same.

Why won't the decision makers ever learn?????
Clash Kit revealed on 11:12 - Jul 9 with 1253 viewsMoor_Pinot

Quite so Noah4x4. But folk don't seem to learn....ever.

I am baffled by our kit annually.

As far as I am concerned we play in royal blue and white striped shirts, white shorts. Except that nowadays we never ever do. The blue is insipid and suddenly we developed blue shorts a few years ago.
In the past 2nd kits were the antithesis of home kits - although 'home' kits could be worn away if there was no clash.

Why can't we wear blue and white H & A as often as poss?
And why isn't our 2nd kit, say, red and white stripes?
I suppose I do get that a 3rd kit might be useful occasionally but I'm not convinced.

Blue and white stripes wherever poss please!

Up the U's

Moor Pinot

Clash Kit revealed on 22:12 - Jul 9 with 1217 viewswessex_exile

Clash Kit revealed on 11:12 - Jul 9 by Moor_Pinot

Quite so Noah4x4. But folk don't seem to learn....ever.

I am baffled by our kit annually.

As far as I am concerned we play in royal blue and white striped shirts, white shorts. Except that nowadays we never ever do. The blue is insipid and suddenly we developed blue shorts a few years ago.
In the past 2nd kits were the antithesis of home kits - although 'home' kits could be worn away if there was no clash.

Why can't we wear blue and white H & A as often as poss?
And why isn't our 2nd kit, say, red and white stripes?
I suppose I do get that a 3rd kit might be useful occasionally but I'm not convinced.

Blue and white stripes wherever poss please!

Up the U's

It's sponsorship revenue Peeno, simple as that. We've had home and away kit sponsors for years now, and no self-respecting business is going to sponsor an away strip if the home strip will take precedence in all but those circumstances when it can't.

If, like the mega-clubs in the top flights of football, we were wealthy enough to not need the extra sponsorship (and I assume it is financially worth our while?), then I'm sure we'd be in the hallowed blue and white stripes for as many game as possible. Sadly, we're not.

I blame $ky...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Clash Kit revealed on 19:29 - Jul 15 with 1122 viewsbwildered

New pic of kit on OWS , two major blue stripes with adjacent pinstripe. The Fruitbat factor, - has it got stripes on the back ? Blue shorts, would like to have white for a change , but do like the hooped socks.
All black away kit - good for the winter months !

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Clash Kit revealed on 20:33 - Jul 15 with 1112 viewsLeadbelly

Neither kit is horrendous.

I'm no historian but didn't the Us kit usually have white shorts rather than blue...in the good old days!

Clash Kit revealed on 21:39 - Jul 15 with 1106 viewswessex_exile

Clash Kit revealed on 20:33 - Jul 15 by Leadbelly

Neither kit is horrendous.

I'm no historian but didn't the Us kit usually have white shorts rather than blue...in the good old days!

They'd be the good old days that thee and me don't remember. For the first 30 years we played in white shorts, but since then mostly blue shorts - link below.

Up the U's

Login to get fewer ads

Clash Kit revealed on 21:48 - Jul 15 with 1101 viewswessex_exile

Clash Kit revealed on 21:39 - Jul 15 by wessex_exile

They'd be the good old days that thee and me don't remember. For the first 30 years we played in white shorts, but since then mostly blue shorts - link below.

P.S. For me, as the era that I really started to follow the U's, the '74-'77 kit is simply the best - but with long sleeves.

Up the U's

Clash Kit revealed on 22:05 - Jul 15 with 1098 viewsFruitbat

Clash Kit revealed on 19:29 - Jul 15 by bwildered

New pic of kit on OWS , two major blue stripes with adjacent pinstripe. The Fruitbat factor, - has it got stripes on the back ? Blue shorts, would like to have white for a change , but do like the hooped socks.
All black away kit - good for the winter months !

Apparently it has half stripes on the back at the bottom with the rest being a solid blue panel. Not perfect but an improvement.
Clash Kit revealed on 22:12 - Jul 15 with 1092 viewsLeadbelly

Clash Kit revealed on 21:48 - Jul 15 by wessex_exile

P.S. For me, as the era that I really started to follow the U's, the '74-'77 kit is simply the best - but with long sleeves.

Who would have thought there could be so much variety within the sphere of the humble blue and white striped football kit.

I do think the white shorts are preferable. My alarmingly unreliable memory suggests I saw Sheedy in such a kit...but I could be wrong.

Clash Kit revealed on 22:17 - Jul 15 with 1091 viewsLeadbelly

Clash Kit revealed on 22:05 - Jul 15 by Fruitbat

Apparently it has half stripes on the back at the bottom with the rest being a solid blue panel. Not perfect but an improvement.

Perhaps you should write to the chairman, setting out your requirements for the perfect Us kit. You know how receptive he is to suggestions from the fans.

Clash Kit revealed on 07:05 - Jul 16 with 1065 viewsbwildered

Memory still OK Lead, ( who is the PM ? ) before his departure Sheedy played in the SGR, predominately white kit.

Due to freight issues - the junior home kit not available for the open day - not a good start for fans, commercial department or suppliers . Last seasons defensive issues on the pitch seem to have spread off field .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Clash Kit revealed on 16:51 - Jul 21 with 989 viewsAFCMorant

Clash Kit revealed on 20:25 - Jul 8 by Leadbelly

Vile.

Took the words out of my mouth.
The black/grey kit isn't too bad, would have been better with black and dark grey thick stripes though. Freiburg had a cool clash kit - if the link works.

In my opinion obviously.
Clash Kit revealed on 21:23 - Jul 21 with 968 viewswessex_exile

Clash Kit revealed on 16:51 - Jul 21 by AFCMorant

Took the words out of my mouth.
The black/grey kit isn't too bad, would have been better with black and dark grey thick stripes though. Freiburg had a cool clash kit - if the link works.

In my opinion obviously.

I like the black kit, but that one is ubercool AFC, would love that!

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024