Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maldon and Tiptree to kick off the friendlies 17:35 - Jul 8 with 846 viewsdurham_exile

All 22 players expected to feature for at least 45 minutes.

U's: Bransgrove, Barnes,

Brindley, Vincent-Young, Prosser, Peter, Wynter, Elokobi, O'Donoghue, Briggs,

Garvan, Lapslie, Loft, Slater, Guthrie, Szmodics,

Porter, Wright, Sembie-Ferris, Johnstone, Bonne, Dickenson.

Will give the faithful the first look at some of the exciting new signings for the U's

JM wil be working towards his first choice Xi for the Monkey Hangers.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Maldon and Tiptree to kick off the friendlies on 19:34 - Jul 9 with 788 viewsdurham_exile

Did anyone go today.
How did the new players shape up.

What about the lime green kit!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Maldon and Tiptree to kick off the friendlies on 19:50 - Jul 9 with 784 viewsLeadbelly

Maldon and Tiptree to kick off the friendlies on 19:34 - Jul 9 by durham_exile

Did anyone go today.
How did the new players shape up.

What about the lime green kit!

Up the U's

Preferred an afternoon watching Tour de France. Had a suspicion Froome might make a move today and he didn't disappoint.

M & T had an exciting young debutant, 40 year old Jamie Cureton.

We won, not sure you can read very much else into a game like this. Hopefully no new injuries and JM has learned a bit more about his squad.

Walker didn't play. What chance he will be fit for the Hartlepool game?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Maldon and Tiptree to kick off the friendlies on 21:13 - Jul 9 with 770 viewswessex_exile

Maldon and Tiptree to kick off the friendlies on 19:50 - Jul 9 by Leadbelly

Preferred an afternoon watching Tour de France. Had a suspicion Froome might make a move today and he didn't disappoint.

M & T had an exciting young debutant, 40 year old Jamie Cureton.

We won, not sure you can read very much else into a game like this. Hopefully no new injuries and JM has learned a bit more about his squad.

Walker didn't play. What chance he will be fit for the Hartlepool game?

Different XI first and second half apparently, including the rejuvenated Cureton for M&T second half - maybe he could....nah, only kidding. Big Sam has interviewed saying he's looking forward to the new season, so perhaps he's been given as much rest as possible for now? As always, I don't read anything into pre-season friendlies, whatever the result, but hey - we didn't lose.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Maldon and Tiptree to kick off the friendlies on 21:52 - Jul 9 with 759 viewsgerry_us

Maldon and Tiptree to kick off the friendlies on 21:13 - Jul 9 by wessex_exile

Different XI first and second half apparently, including the rejuvenated Cureton for M&T second half - maybe he could....nah, only kidding. Big Sam has interviewed saying he's looking forward to the new season, so perhaps he's been given as much rest as possible for now? As always, I don't read anything into pre-season friendlies, whatever the result, but hey - we didn't lose.

Why not Cureton Wessex? How much quality and experience could he add to the team if only for an hour a game?
Maldon and Tiptree to kick off the friendlies on 21:58 - Jul 9 with 756 viewsFruitbat

I would have gone as my usual pre-season sojourn to Heybridge has been switched to a U21 game this season which I can't really be fussed with. An unavoidable visit to the in-laws scuppered that plan though.

On the subject of Swifts, note that Nicky Shorey turned out for them this afternoon.
Maldon and Tiptree to kick off the friendlies on 22:04 - Jul 9 with 752 viewswessex_exile

Maldon and Tiptree to kick off the friendlies on 21:52 - Jul 9 by gerry_us

Why not Cureton Wessex? How much quality and experience could he add to the team if only for an hour a game?

Haha - I will assume your tongue is in your cheek Gerry, given how well the last 40yr old we signed worked out for us, and he was a considerably better footballer than Mr Cureton. I am, though, quite pleased he's still playing the game at any level; notwithstanding the manner of his departure, he's still a U's legend from back in the day.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024