Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JC 21:37 - Jul 11 with 2519 viewsBFG

I'm just putting this out there ..

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/14609590.Free_agent_Cureton_training_with_fo
JC on 21:57 - Jul 11 with 2505 viewsdurham_exile

I reckon he could get in as a Concession!

Seriously, JC was great and a legend at Col U, but his first team days are over now.

We have some decent strikers who are almost half his age and even old timer Chris Porter is only 32.

JC; great memories but they are only that now. Hattrick against Scummend lives long in the memory!!!!

Up the youthful U's

Durham_exile

JC on 22:17 - Jul 11 with 2499 viewsLeadbelly

Perhaps the fact he had 45 minutes for M & T means someone at Col U wanted to see what he could do beyond the training pitch.

Signing Cureton would fly in the face of the way the Us now operate but stranger things have happened.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

JC on 22:53 - Jul 11 with 2493 viewsnoah4x4

Maldon & Tiptree might become the new Braintree if he signs for them. Too old for the U's, but he could be an inspirational addition to our coaching staff.

It was said that when Glenn Hoddle was England Manager he could still take the best free kicks and corners. But this isn't American Football where the kicker comes on for 30 seconds. But Cureton could be handy as a 119th minute substitute when a penalty shootout is looming. But we can't even make the Essex Senior Cup Final.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2016 22:54]
JC on 06:36 - Jul 12 with 2469 viewswessex_exile

JC on 22:53 - Jul 11 by noah4x4

Maldon & Tiptree might become the new Braintree if he signs for them. Too old for the U's, but he could be an inspirational addition to our coaching staff.

It was said that when Glenn Hoddle was England Manager he could still take the best free kicks and corners. But this isn't American Football where the kicker comes on for 30 seconds. But Cureton could be handy as a 119th minute substitute when a penalty shootout is looming. But we can't even make the Essex Senior Cup Final.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2016 22:54]

If we want a trophy penalty taker, I'd rather Big Chris than Little Jamie. Seriously though, I've no problem helping him out with fitness training whilst he looks for another league contract, and I might even be persuaded a rolling short term contract with us might be a good idea - IF there's a belief he could be beneficial to our coaching set-up, but that's as far as I'd take it.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

JC on 17:46 - Jul 12 with 2416 viewsFruitbat

JC on 06:36 - Jul 12 by wessex_exile

If we want a trophy penalty taker, I'd rather Big Chris than Little Jamie. Seriously though, I've no problem helping him out with fitness training whilst he looks for another league contract, and I might even be persuaded a rolling short term contract with us might be a good idea - IF there's a belief he could be beneficial to our coaching set-up, but that's as far as I'd take it.

Don't put him on penalties, I still remember the one he took for Bristol Rovers in the 5-4 game. I think its still going up!
JC on 19:12 - Jul 12 with 2406 viewsbwildered

Apart from Porter, not enough experience in the front line, so a striker coach might be required, ( Teddy was one ).
The majority of coaching staff are defenders ( & one goalkeeper ) did us no harm in conceeding nearly hundred goals last season, so worth a six month contract.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

JC on 20:06 - Jul 12 with 2395 viewsgerry_us

JC on 19:12 - Jul 12 by bwildered

Apart from Porter, not enough experience in the front line, so a striker coach might be required, ( Teddy was one ).
The majority of coaching staff are defenders ( & one goalkeeper ) did us no harm in conceeding nearly hundred goals last season, so worth a six month contract.

Absolutely. Worth a short term contract for what he knows and definitely for the goals he will no doubt score for us. No substitute for quality and experience.
JC on 14:09 - Jul 13 with 2360 viewsburnsieespana

I think he would be worth a player/forward coach contract as doubt it would cost us much and he could both help our younger players and come on as an impact sub.
Login to get fewer ads

JC on 21:58 - Jul 13 with 2326 viewsBFG

9 goals in a struggling Div 2 team last year. I doubt it'll happen but on a suitable deal I'd would like to see him back.

At a guess he'll be at Braintree though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024