Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A plea for help 21:35 - Jul 25 with 1075 viewsLeadbelly

I'm becoming increasingly concerned about the long term effects of a new and highly addictive drug a significant proportion of the British public seems hooked on.

This drug is craved by young and old alike, respects neither social status or wealth and exerts a vice like grip on the mind of all it touches.

Whilst I have the willpower to resist, I'm very sad to report that the rest of my household is totally addicted. I really fear for their physical and mental well-being the longer this goes on.

I have tried to reason with them, explaining my concerns. They assure me there is nothing to worry about, that they are not hooked and that if would just try it I would understand everything. They dismiss my fears and I simply cannot even begin to see why they are so evangelical about this thing that has taken over their life. They have no shame, getting a fix many times a day, often in public, often with strangers, during the day and after dark, anywhere and any time.

I fear I'm losing them and I just don't know what I can do to stop this. Perhaps if I were better informed I may have a chance to help them so please, anyone, explain to me why the fcuk anyone would want to play Pokemon Go

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

A plea for help on 00:21 - Jul 26 with 1047 viewswessex_exile

My two fully grown-up children (one graduated, one going to uni this year) found one in my eldest son's bedroom just last week - have you any idea how sinister that feels? What actually surprises me more is that it has taken this long for the app people who work with GPS-enabled phones to come up with something so basic. Expect more Whales...sadly

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

A plea for help on 13:36 - Jul 26 with 1006 viewsLeadbelly

Sinister indeed. We were at a family gathering in London on Saturday and the venue was in the middle of a wood. Whilst sitting outside on a log my stepson start battering seven shades of sh1t out of his phone. Apparently I had a Pokémon on my lap!

I note Essex police have already had to stop drivers as they were playing whilst driving. On Sunday evening Manningtree High Street was brought to a standstill by an inconsiderate taxi driver who obviously felt it OK to hold up traffic whilst he battled with something (word of advice, it wasn't OK) Last night there were around 40 or 50 people gathered near Mistley Towers. It appears the need to play Pokémon overrides their ability to park safely and allows them to ignore yellow lines.

One child has already been killed in the US after being struck whilst crossing a road without due care and attention. It's only a matter of time before it happens here and with the streets full of kids I suspect it won't be too long before one falls prey to an opportunistic paedophile.

My good lady, generally a wise old owl on matters of child raising, tells me it's really good for youngsters as it gets them outside and being active. My observation that the fact they were sedentary prior to Pokémon Go was due to their being in thrall to Xbox or Playstation is, apparently, completely unfounded.

I remain baffled.

I remain utterly baffled by the enthusi

A plea for help on 17:37 - Jul 28 with 959 viewsnoah4x4

Pssssst!

All Colchester's Pickachus are hiding in my back garden....

(£10 admission)
A plea for help on 19:31 - Jul 28 with 941 viewswessex_exile

A plea for help on 17:37 - Jul 28 by noah4x4

Pssssst!

(£10 admission)

Hahaha - it probably won't come as much of a surprise, but enterprising landowners round these parts made sh!tloads charging admission to their fields during the crop circle madness...it's almost as if it was part of a business plan ;-)

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

A plea for help on 06:33 - Jul 29 with 914 viewsbwildered

Perhaps the club will place one in the East stand , with access only on match day , will result of record attendance in the family enclosure ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

A plea for help on 10:04 - Jul 29 with 904 viewsLeadbelly

A plea for help on 17:37 - Jul 28 by noah4x4

Pssssst!

(£10 admission)

Check out Noah and his Pokémon knowledge! I don't know Pickachu from Fu Manchu.

A plea for help on 13:52 - Jul 30 with 870 viewsburnsieespana

Been wondering what this was all about during my 25 day visit to the UK! Thankfully my 7 year old grandson couldn't xplain because he doesn't do it!
World has gone mad!
A plea for help on 20:20 - Sep 4 with 658 viewsLeadbelly

I noticed this week that warnings of the dangers of playing Pokemon at railway stations have appeared at Liverpool St and Manningtree. I've also noticed a number of teenagers ignoring these warnings.

Login to get fewer ads

A plea for help on 21:39 - Sep 4 with 640 viewsnoah4x4

A plea for help on 20:20 - Sep 4 by Leadbelly

I noticed this week that warnings of the dangers of playing Pokemon at railway stations have appeared at Liverpool St and Manningtree. I've also noticed a number of teenagers ignoring these warnings.

How do you get a Pickachu on a train......

...... you Poke him on...

Contemporary joke of the month?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024