Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seagulls are not a protected species on South Coast this evening 18:19 - Aug 9 with 1401 viewsdurham_exile

After a point at the Monkey hangers, JM takes his charges to the AMEX stadium for a difficult fixture against Brighton tonight.

I would like to see three changes from Saturday's opener with Doug Loft, Brennan Dickenson and Denny Johnstone all starting.

Team:

Walker

Brindley Prosser Eastman Kinsella

Wright Slater Guthrie Loft Dickenson

Johnstone

Subs:

Bransgrove, Lapslie, Sembie-ferris, Bonne, Vincent-Young, Kent, Szmodics

The U's have nothing to lose this evening and let's take the game to the Championship team.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Seagulls are not a protected species on South Coast this evening on 19:17 - Aug 9 with 1380 viewsLeadbelly

Doubt there will be many there to see it. Southern Trains won't be stopping at Falmer station after 5pm, a decision made "on police advice". Nothing to do with their current strike disruption then?

Chris Houghton was bleating earlier today about fixture congestion and how he needs to rest players. Ignoring the fact the players can't be worn out after the rigours of a season comprising one match to date this does represent a good opportunity for the Us to win a League Cup game for the first time in 6 years.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Seagulls are not a protected species on South Coast this evening on 20:08 - Aug 9 with 1356 viewsFruitbat

Wholesale changes to the side from Saturday and we are allegedly playing 5-3-2.
Seagulls are not a protected species on South Coast this evening on 20:43 - Aug 9 with 1343 viewsgerry_us

Stone cold certainty that Lua Lua will score against us tonight.
Seagulls are not a protected species on South Coast this evening on 20:44 - Aug 9 with 1343 viewsLeadbelly

Seagulls are not a protected species on South Coast this evening on 20:08 - Aug 9 by Fruitbat

Wholesale changes to the side from Saturday and we are allegedly playing 5-3-2.

Rather than our usual 4-2-3, according to BBC Essex at least!

Seagulls are not a protected species on South Coast this evening on 21:12 - Aug 9 with 1332 viewsgerry_us

Seagulls are not a protected species on South Coast this evening on 20:43 - Aug 9 by gerry_us

Stone cold certainty that Lua Lua will score against us tonight.

Oh Baldocks, and only an assist from Lua Lua.
Seagulls are not a protected species on South Coast this evening on 21:21 - Aug 9 with 1328 viewsLeadbelly

Seagulls are not a protected species on South Coast this evening on 21:12 - Aug 9 by gerry_us

Oh Baldocks, and only an assist from Lua Lua.

Second goal conceded...and third as I was typing.

Three goals conceded in relatively short order...has nothing changed from last season or is Brighton 2nd XI far better than anything League 2 has to offer?

Seagulls are not a protected species on South Coast this evening on 21:32 - Aug 9 with 1311 viewsFruitbat

Lies, damned lies and statistics I know but the BBC match stats suggest we are getting a bit of a battering. We've currently had four shots to their 24.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2016 21:33]
Seagulls are not a protected species on South Coast this evening on 21:34 - Aug 9 with 1304 viewswessex_exile

Seagulls are not a protected species on South Coast this evening on 21:21 - Aug 9 by Leadbelly

Second goal conceded...and third as I was typing.

Three goals conceded in relatively short order...has nothing changed from last season or is Brighton 2nd XI far better than anything League 2 has to offer?

Dunno, but in answer to the second question, clearly yes (with the 4th going in). I'm not going to lose any sleep over this one to be honest - shame about the result, but our (virtual) second string didn't too bad for an hour or more.

Could be worse, could be a shrimper facing consecutive 3-1 home defeats...against the same team, and in the same division :-)

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Login to get fewer ads

Seagulls are not a protected species on South Coast this evening on 21:41 - Aug 9 with 1282 viewswessex_exile

Seagulls are not a protected species on South Coast this evening on 21:34 - Aug 9 by wessex_exile

Dunno, but in answer to the second question, clearly yes (with the 4th going in). I'm not going to lose any sleep over this one to be honest - shame about the result, but our (virtual) second string didn't too bad for an hour or more.

Could be worse, could be a shrimper facing consecutive 3-1 home defeats...against the same team, and in the same division :-)

...or indeed Ipshit losing 0-1 at home to Stevenage :-)

Up the U's

Seagulls are not a protected species on South Coast this evening on 21:44 - Aug 9 with 1272 viewswessex_exile

Seagulls are not a protected species on South Coast this evening on 21:41 - Aug 9 by wessex_exile

...or indeed Ipshit losing 0-1 at home to Stevenage :-)

...and even better, Cambridge are into extra time against Sheff Wed - let's hope they put loads of effort in, and maybe pick up a few knocks and niggles as a result :-)

Up the U's

Seagulls are not a protected species on South Coast this evening on 19:46 - Aug 10 with 1008 viewsdurham_exile

Seagulls are not a protected species on South Coast this evening on 21:44 - Aug 9 by wessex_exile

...and even better, Cambridge are into extra time against Sheff Wed - let's hope they put loads of effort in, and maybe pick up a few knocks and niggles as a result :-)

Have watched the four goals now on TV.
Apart from the first which was a very good goal, the other three were embarrassing with the Brighton players allowed the freedom of the pitch to score.

Interestingly Cambridge won against Sheff Wed , I appreciate that we will never win the EFL, but I am so disappointed that once again we have gone out without a whimper.

Three points required on saturday, but a 4-0 drubbing is not the ideal preparation for any game.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Seagulls are not a protected species on South Coast this evening on 20:04 - Aug 10 with 1001 viewsLeadbelly

My spy at the game says we did OK until first goal then "fell apart". JM needs to ensure this result is out of the collective system before Saturday. Cambridge are well fancied this season and their confidence will be high after beating the Wendys.

Seagulls are not a protected species on South Coast this evening on 20:06 - Aug 10 with 997 viewsDaniel

I went last night (to do the ground rather than watch the U's, if I'm honest). It was a poor game with a reserve/pre-season feel to it. I wouldn't say the score was a fair reflection, but Brighton certainly deserved to win. I struggle to recall their keeper having to make a save, but we did at least get the ball forward.

The formation was 3 at the back with wing backs and it simply didn't work - we were left exposed on the flanks and the management done nothing to change things. Hopefully they've since learnt their lesson, but I don't begrudge them for trying something different.

I'm struggling to think of any positives - sadly it felt like another performance from last season.
Seagulls are not a protected species on South Coast this evening on 08:14 - Aug 12 with 883 viewsAFCMorant

Seagulls are not a protected species on South Coast this evening on 20:06 - Aug 10 by Daniel

I went last night (to do the ground rather than watch the U's, if I'm honest). It was a poor game with a reserve/pre-season feel to it. I wouldn't say the score was a fair reflection, but Brighton certainly deserved to win. I struggle to recall their keeper having to make a save, but we did at least get the ball forward.

The formation was 3 at the back with wing backs and it simply didn't work - we were left exposed on the flanks and the management done nothing to change things. Hopefully they've since learnt their lesson, but I don't begrudge them for trying something different.

I'm struggling to think of any positives - sadly it felt like another performance from last season.

Ditto on the reasons for going and the performance, though additionally an afternoon in Brighton's great pubs after braving Southern trains and a visit to a lovely ground. Once Brighton started playing especially Lua Lua we weren't in it. The only good thing was we didn't wear our luminous urine coloured shirts.
Seagulls are not a protected species on South Coast this evening on 09:19 - Aug 12 with 879 viewsnoah4x4

Seagulls are not a protected species on South Coast this evening on 08:14 - Aug 12 by AFCMorant

Ditto on the reasons for going and the performance, though additionally an afternoon in Brighton's great pubs after braving Southern trains and a visit to a lovely ground. Once Brighton started playing especially Lua Lua we weren't in it. The only good thing was we didn't wear our luminous urine coloured shirts.

Urine coloured? Perhaps if you drink too much crème de menthe or some chlorophyll filled fruit concoction, but it is true; the diving pool in Rio looks distinctly odd....

Ghastly colour, and the fit of the new black away shirts isn't designed for beer drinkers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024