Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cost cutting at stadium 13:05 - Aug 14 with 1564 viewsSector4

The programme sellers were told before yesterday's match that the amount of sellers will be halved. They hadn't been informed who will no longer be required but it is a concern for those who depend on the income.
Cost cutting at stadium on 15:01 - Aug 14 with 1544 viewsFruitbat

I wonder if this is a knock on effect from the email I had when I got home yesterday with a link to an "e-programme"? I have to confess that I haven't bought one since the last one at Layer Road and first one at WHCS.
Cost cutting at stadium on 15:06 - Aug 14 with 1543 viewsLeadbelly

Like everything else in business it comes down profit margin. Whilst I feel sorry for anyone relying on a couple of hours work every two weeks for nine months of the year if the club isn't making much money out of the exercise then something has to change.

I don't think I've ever bought a programme and have no idea how many are sold on a match day. 500 to 750 at a guess? I would assume whatever the number may be it will drop this season, along with advertising revenue.

Probably a case of needs must and there may be other examples. Certainly the girl who needed four attempts at serving me a cup of Bovril and a pie before she got it right shouldn't be costing very much. She was absolutely hopeless.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Cost cutting at stadium on 16:56 - Aug 14 with 1520 viewsdurham_exile

Cost cutting at stadium on 15:06 - Aug 14 by Leadbelly

Like everything else in business it comes down profit margin. Whilst I feel sorry for anyone relying on a couple of hours work every two weeks for nine months of the year if the club isn't making much money out of the exercise then something has to change.

I don't think I've ever bought a programme and have no idea how many are sold on a match day. 500 to 750 at a guess? I would assume whatever the number may be it will drop this season, along with advertising revenue.

Probably a case of needs must and there may be other examples. Certainly the girl who needed four attempts at serving me a cup of Bovril and a pie before she got it right shouldn't be costing very much. She was absolutely hopeless.

I always buy a programme home and away.
The Colchester programme at £3 is exceptional value. Articles, features, statistics, photographs etc great stuff for the faithful.

If a club has a fanzine I often buy that as well. Tranmere rovers fanzine is always good value for money.

I have Colchester programmes going back to the early 70's. Expect that they are not valuable except as nostalgic value for me.

Whatever happened to Layer Road Larry?

Programmes are usually available at the club shop and as an example at the Carlisle game when we won 2-0 to stay up I couldn't get a programme. The club took my address and posted me a copy for the face value of £3. Outstanding.

This season Morecambe, Accrington Stanley and Grimsby will be new stadia and new programmes.

Up the resurgent U's

Durham_exile

Cost cutting at stadium on 22:01 - Aug 14 with 1498 viewsnoah4x4

I stopped buying programmes once I realised almost their entire content was replicated on-line for free and it had become nothing but marketing guff and propaganda. I was never a collector, just routinely bought them to read pre-match and at the interval. Suddenly, I didn't see the value.

Like so many printed publications, the Internet has seen the death of the programme except for minimal die-hards. The demise of programme sellers is as inevitable as the cessation of the mining industry.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2016 22:03]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024