Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's know the Chairboys are more MFI than Chippendale 22:59 - Aug 26 with 1215 viewsdurham_exile

JM takes his charges to Adams Park Wycombe on Saturday for another intriguing League Two game.

Talk of the rivalry between the two sides has been rife this week. Now much of that surrounds the infamous game in the mid-eighties when Colchester played poorly and Kirk Game was simply woeful during the 2-0 Cup defeat. I have to say that although I was at the game, I cannot remember much of the fan violence that was apparently evident during the game.

Anyway Saturday is an opportunity for Colchester to get back to winning ways after the disappointment at Pompey last week. I have read much this week about JM’s tactical awareness. I’m afraid that much of that was lacking at Fratton Park where a disjointed home team was allowed to dictate play and that man Roberts scored a penalty and beat Walker to a loose ball for number two.

Setting up too defensively always wrests the initiative away and allows the other team to attack at will. Pompey were without a victory and were nervous and uninspiring. Lesson to JM, don’t change a winning team and after some sparkling attacking play at the WHCS, don’t attempt to frustrate the opposition, because it often goes pear shaped and it did. Moan over.

Buoyed by the call up of two players Slater and Bransgrove to Scottish International duty, the U’s will travel with considerable hope of securing three points to maintain a top three place.

The Chairboys offer a different challenge, Gareth Ainsworth will be keen to add to their 4-point haul at home and we may face former favourite Marcus Bean, who I had a lot of time for and was sorry when he left the U’s. The faithful (of which there will be upwards of 700) will be occupying the quaintly named Panache Stand!!!

JM will now have a much better idea of his best XI and I hope that he lines up thus:

Walker

Brindley Eastman Prosser Kinsella

Wright Slater Szmodics Dickenson

Guthrie

Porter

Subs:

Bransgrove Vincent-Young Wynter Loft Lapslie Johnstone Bonne

Macauley Bonne will be hoping for more minutes on the pitch that hitherto where he has made three appearances from the bench on 71, 83 and 87 minutes respectively. Similarly, Denny Johnstone who has started twice and made three substitute appearances for the U’s.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Enjoy the game and Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's know the Chairboys are more MFI than Chippendale on 23:22 - Aug 26 with 1205 viewsmfb_cufc

A good preview as usual, and I agree with everything you say about the Portsmouth game. Though if we had got the bore draw we played for, we would be saying JM was a tactical genius.

As for the team tomorrow, I agree with your line up, except I am sure Lapslie will be starting, probably in place of Slater, as he has become one of the first on the team sheet since JM has been manager.

mfb

Super U's know the Chairboys are more MFI than Chippendale on 10:58 - Aug 27 with 1171 viewsburnsieespana

Good summary Durham so lets hope for at least one point.
Had not heard about Bransgrove being called up for Scotland.
Super U's know the Chairboys are more MFI than Chippendale on 16:57 - Aug 27 with 1148 viewsgerry_us

Need I say more?
Super U's know the Chairboys are more MFI than Chippendale on 18:55 - Aug 27 with 1117 viewswessex_exile

Unfortunately I couldn't make this one, but clearly a well-deserved win, and a victory for cultured football over basement hoofball. 10pts from 5 games is an excellent start to the season by any measure, and frankly if we keep playing positive attacking football (i.e. chalk Pompey down as an experiment that didn't work out) then I can honestly see an even better return from our endeavours in September. Next planned trip for me will be Barnet away at their new ground (where quaint names are concerned, calling it the Hive is a nice touch), though I confess I'm tempted now by next Saturday's game at home to Exeter.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2016 18:56]

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's know the Chairboys are more MFI than Chippendale on 13:13 - Aug 28 with 1033 viewsbwildered

We're all seven foot tall
We're all seven foot tall
Beating the Wycombe
We're all seven foot tall .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Super U's know the Chairboys are more MFI than Chippendale on 23:15 - Aug 28 with 981 viewsoxfcolu

A well deserved result at a ground with old memories.
Super U's know the Chairboys are more MFI than Chippendale on 08:18 - Aug 30 with 924 viewsAFCMorant

Super U's know the Chairboys are more MFI than Chippendale on 18:55 - Aug 27 by wessex_exile

Unfortunately I couldn't make this one, but clearly a well-deserved win, and a victory for cultured football over basement hoofball. 10pts from 5 games is an excellent start to the season by any measure, and frankly if we keep playing positive attacking football (i.e. chalk Pompey down as an experiment that didn't work out) then I can honestly see an even better return from our endeavours in September. Next planned trip for me will be Barnet away at their new ground (where quaint names are concerned, calling it the Hive is a nice touch), though I confess I'm tempted now by next Saturday's game at home to Exeter.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2016 18:56]

Looks like I'd better not go to away games then, despite it being in the same postcode as me I didn't bother with this one, or Hartlepool. The two I've seen are Portsmouth and Brighton. Luckily I'm on holiday for another close one, Barnet, but beware I've already got the train tickets for Carlisle and Donny away.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024