Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seasiders in Town on Saturday 22:42 - Sep 9 with 911 viewsdurham_exile

JM will hope that his charges take this weekend’s game rather more seriously than they did against the Grecians. Blackpool arrive at the WHCS after an 8,500 crowd were entertained by a magnificent England U21 midweek performance against a difficult team (on paper) in Norway. The young Lions well and truly mauled them and deservedly won 6-1.

After the nightmare last weekend JM will be hoping for a Tangerine dream on Saturday. At 2-1 and with a chance for a third Colchester would have been cruising; instead it was shades of last season with a woeful collapse against a side who will be closer to the bottom of the league come May than the Super U’s. There can be no profligacy this week against a side that is consistent only in its inconsistency.

The Internationals have returned and will be welcomed back to the fold. Notably Glen Kamara who was on duty for the Finnish team and should be included in the starting line up on Saturday together with Tarique Fosu who impressed when he came on for the last 30 minutes against Exeter.

Walker

Brindley Eastman Prosser Kinsella

Fosu Szmodics Kamara Dickenson

Guthrie

Porter

Subs:

Bransgrove Vincent-Young Wynter Lapslie Slater Johnstone Wright (Drey)

JM will know what is expected of his charges and after his discussions with Big Sam and Sammy Lee on Tuesday night, it is to be hoped that some of that Rashford brilliance has rubbed off on the Colchester strikers.

JM missed out on the MOTM (normally a curse) for August and likewise Brennan Dickenson unluckily missed out on the POTM for August. A win against the Grecians would have kept the U’s right at the top of the league, a win against Blackpool is now vital to maintain a promotion challenge.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 23:53 - Sep 9 with 903 viewsmfb_cufc

Durham, I like your starting line-up, but I have a feeling JM will find a place in the midfield for Lapslie, probably at the expense of Kamara.

mfb

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 14:15 - Sep 10 with 868 viewsdurham_exile

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 23:53 - Sep 9 by mfb_cufc

Durham, I like your starting line-up, but I have a feeling JM will find a place in the midfield for Lapslie, probably at the expense of Kamara.

Wright and Lapslie instead of the loaners

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 16:11 - Sep 10 with 859 viewsdurham_exile

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 14:15 - Sep 10 by durham_exile

Wright and Lapslie instead of the loaners

Up the U's

Any thought (by me) that we would comfortably achieve a top seven finish has been well and truly scotched recently.

Another game that we have had to chase and at home.

Stil I am disappointed not to see the loanees start given their pedigree. There is no point in signing players albeit on loan and then not playing them.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 16:16 - Sep 10 with 858 viewsdurham_exile

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 16:11 - Sep 10 by durham_exile

Any thought (by me) that we would comfortably achieve a top seven finish has been well and truly scotched recently.

Another game that we have had to chase and at home.

Stil I am disappointed not to see the loanees start given their pedigree. There is no point in signing players albeit on loan and then not playing them.

Up the U's

Fosu on for Kinsella which is an attacking move.
Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 16:18 - Sep 10 with 857 viewsdurham_exile

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 16:16 - Sep 10 by durham_exile

Fosu on for Kinsella which is an attacking move.
Come on the U's

PORTER

Durham_exile

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 16:26 - Sep 10 with 852 viewsdurham_exile

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 16:18 - Sep 10 by durham_exile

PORTER

Time to defend, come on keep them out.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 16:35 - Sep 10 with 851 viewsdurham_exile

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 16:26 - Sep 10 by durham_exile

Time to defend, come on keep them out.

Up the U's

Craig Slater replaces Lapslie after another clash of heads, hopefully he is ok.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 16:46 - Sep 10 with 850 viewsdurham_exile

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 16:35 - Sep 10 by durham_exile

Craig Slater replaces Lapslie after another clash of heads, hopefully he is ok.

Up the U's

PORTER

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 16:49 - Sep 10 with 846 viewsgerry_us

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 16:46 - Sep 10 by durham_exile

PORTER

Moncur scored two
Elito one
Henderson one

Porter TWO and Sammy as my predicted first scorer
One more goal for my prediction 4-1
Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 16:52 - Sep 10 with 845 viewsdurham_exile

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 16:49 - Sep 10 by gerry_us

Moncur scored two
Elito one
Henderson one

Porter TWO and Sammy as my predicted first scorer
One more goal for my prediction 4-1

Gerry it's 3-2

Durham_exile

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 16:53 - Sep 10 with 842 viewsgerry_us

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 16:52 - Sep 10 by durham_exile

Gerry it's 3-2

Bugger. Goal at wrong end.

They thinks it's all over etc. etc
[Post edited 10 Sep 2016 16:56]
Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 16:56 - Sep 10 with 834 viewsdurham_exile

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 16:53 - Sep 10 by gerry_us

Bugger. Goal at wrong end.

They thinks it's all over etc. etc
[Post edited 10 Sep 2016 16:56]

A much needed 3 points though.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 17:34 - Sep 10 with 811 viewsColukev

Note that Bonne scored only goal of the game for Lincoln away to tranmere.
Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 18:27 - Sep 10 with 796 viewsbwildered

A welcome win after last weeks blip. But however lessons still not learnt, although JM kept faith in last weeks eleven, another sloppy first goal conceded before getting to grip to he job at hand .
Credit to JM for bringing Fosu on at halftime, Porter led the line well throughout, scored a lovely team goal for his second, and should have tie up a hat trick but shot wide .
Need to start stringing results together and seeing games out better , than letting goals in to put pressure on ourselves .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 19:12 - Sep 10 with 779 viewsLeadbelly

Three points indeed but the first half performance was awful. Kinsella ran Eastman close for Blackpool's MOTM and Lapslie had a mare. The loanees are not the finished article but midfield looked far more purposeful when they came on.

We looked better in the second half and there was a bit more snap in our play. As well as the two goals Porter held up the ball well.

Not the worst referee we've had but I suspect both sides were frustrated by his blowing the whistle for fouls when playing advantage could have led to goals.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 22:55 - Sep 10 with 745 viewsgerry_us

Hey Durham. Hadn't realised that our good friend Sam (Mrs) Slocombe had gone from Scunny to Blackpool. Did you go today and give him grief?
Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 00:19 - Sep 11 with 733 viewsthrillseeker

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 19:12 - Sep 10 by Leadbelly

Three points indeed but the first half performance was awful. Kinsella ran Eastman close for Blackpool's MOTM and Lapslie had a mare. The loanees are not the finished article but midfield looked far more purposeful when they came on.

We looked better in the second half and there was a bit more snap in our play. As well as the two goals Porter held up the ball well.

Not the worst referee we've had but I suspect both sides were frustrated by his blowing the whistle for fouls when playing advantage could have led to goals.

I thought the referee was the best we have had for a long time.

What does Lapslie actually do other than run around like a headless chicken or am I missing something?

Eastman seems so low on confidence it is time he is dropped. His thought process for the 1st goal was nowhere.
Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 00:29 - Sep 11 with 729 viewsdurham_exile

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 00:19 - Sep 11 by thrillseeker

I thought the referee was the best we have had for a long time.

What does Lapslie actually do other than run around like a headless chicken or am I missing something?

Eastman seems so low on confidence it is time he is dropped. His thought process for the 1st goal was nowhere.

Thrill seeker - JM likes Lapslie but I think we will see more of the two loan signings Fosu and Kamara over the next few weeks.

Tom Eastman allowed himself to be outmuscled for their first goal. However in my experience he is one of our most consistent defenders.

Most pleasing was the three points that keepsusinthe top 5.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 00:51 - Sep 11 with 728 viewsmfb_cufc

Another one of JM's pets Drey Wright is another who needs dropping. Fosu should have started instead of him today. Also Guthrie is not a midfielder. The problem is JM has used this same faltering line-up for all the home games so far, and because we won today, is likely to select the same team for the next home game, injuries permitting.

mfb

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 09:09 - Sep 11 with 705 viewsbwildered

Fosu could only find a place in the side with Dickenson moved to left back at half time, so was Kinsella injured or dropped . Changes likely with Szmodics and Lapsie both picking up injuries .
Where does this leave Sembi-Ferris with the arrival of Fosu ?
Kamara to fill midfield berth, could move Guthrie to cover Drey Wright ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 09:19 - Sep 11 with 700 viewsFruitbat

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 00:51 - Sep 11 by mfb_cufc

Another one of JM's pets Drey Wright is another who needs dropping. Fosu should have started instead of him today. Also Guthrie is not a midfielder. The problem is JM has used this same faltering line-up for all the home games so far, and because we won today, is likely to select the same team for the next home game, injuries permitting.

Absolutely agree with this. Wright hasn't impressed this season and seems to have lost the ability to beat his man. Given his injury history I wonder if this is a mental thing and he's worried about getting kicked up in the air and crocked again?

Guthrie looks like he has the makings of a decent player but certainly not in central midfield. We effectivly play 4-1-5 with Lapslie up against two, three or even four opponents at times. That doesn't help ball retention as it means the ball from the back, more often than not, has to go long as there is no easy pass on to the midfield. We looked better yesterday when Kamara came on to make an extra body in midfield and I think that's a change JM will have to think about.
Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 17:44 - Sep 11 with 652 viewsFruitbat

Having just watched the goals, is it just me or should Walker have done better with the free kick?
Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 18:05 - Sep 11 with 649 viewsLeadbelly

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 17:44 - Sep 11 by Fruitbat

Having just watched the goals, is it just me or should Walker have done better with the free kick?

I thought the same when I saw it again this morning. And construction and placement of the wall could have been better. Walker rather invited Blackpool to put the ball exactly where it ended up.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 20:16 - Sep 11 with 628 viewsgerry_us

Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 18:05 - Sep 11 by Leadbelly

I thought the same when I saw it again this morning. And construction and placement of the wall could have been better. Walker rather invited Blackpool to put the ball exactly where it ended up.

Rather looked as though it went straight through him and speaking as an ex - goalie they are the most difficult ones to get down quickly too, especially having come through the wall. Even I can forgive him this one....especially as we still won.
Seasiders in Town on Saturday on 14:15 - Sep 12 with 582 viewsburnsieespana

A win is a win and at seasonend if we gain promo it wont matter.
I am relatively happy with the way the team is shaping up and like the fact JMc does seem to want to endlessly tinker but at the sametime, as on Saturday prepared to make significant changes which certainly seemed to have caught Blackpool by surprise.
I was also interested to see Chris Porter has scored 111 league goals in 396 games including 23 goals in Scotland when playing for Motherwell.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024