Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to be like Bees around the Honey-Pot at the Hive on Saturday! 18:03 - Sep 16 with 867 viewsdurham_exile

JM takes his rejuvenated charges to North London on Saturday to play Barnet at the Hive. Now many years ago I use to watch Enfield and they often played Barnet at their old ground Underhill. I have also watched Colchester play there on occasions. It is however 5 years since we last played Barnet and they now have a new ground with a 5,176 capacity in Edgware.

The faithful, or perhaps I should now start to call them the Roman Army, will have the opportunity to stand and salute the team at the ground because the North Terrace at the Hive is standing accommodation for Away fans.

The atmosphere should be very good and the Colchester legions (probably 550) will be in good voice after a good win against the Tangerine Army last weekend.

Now absolutely no disrespect to Martin “Mad Dog” Allen and his team but this is a game that the U’s should be expected to win. The table is already beginning to shape up with the big hitters Pompey and Plymouth together with the Hatters and Doncaster likely to be there or there abouts come May. It is essential therefore that we keep pace with these clubs and three points at the Hive will keep the pressure on them and off JM.

Next month we play both Doncaster Rovers and Plymouth Argyle, both Away in what already are shaping up as very important games. Still let’s not get ahead of ourselves, Barnet will be determined to play well and we must ensure that we are at our best to ensure the right result at the Hive.

JM has selected a strong squad and has included Femi Akinwande within the travelling 20.

I would like to see both loanees included in the starting eleven and although JM is “beesotted” with young Lapslie, I think that Fosu and Kamara should definitely start.

Team:

Walker

Brindley Eastman Prosser Kinsella

Fosu Szmodics Kamara Dickenson

Guthrie

Porter

Subs:

Bransgrove, Wynter, Vincent-Young, Johnstone, Akinwande, Slater, Sembie-Ferris

Now I would be remiss if I fail to mention that after the criticism I heaped upon Chris Porter after the Hartlepool game he has responded with great professionalism and his goals last week, particularly the second showed great skill and commitment. Happy to set the record straight.

The pitch might be heavy after all the rain and localised flash floods recently but Saturday should be an entertaining game and hopefully a profitable one for the U’s.

Safe journey to the Roman Army and enjoy the game.

SPQR

Up the u's

[Post edited 16 Sep 2016 18:10]

Durham_exile

Super U's to be like Bees around the Honey-Pot at the Hive on Saturday! on 19:17 - Sep 16 with 842 viewsBlue4U2

What? No place for Drey Wright or Tom Lapslie??
Not even the bench? Also think that Eastman could do with a break maybe replaced by Wynter.
Super U's to be like Bees around the Honey-Pot at the Hive on Saturday! on 21:42 - Sep 16 with 811 viewsLeadbelly

Away games at Wycombe and Barnet were on my list of easy trips, for me at least, when the fixtures were announced. Since then most of my partner's family have moved to the Midlands and both games have coincided with "compulsory" visits for kid's birthdays. Vexing in the extreme.

Hopefully my absence tomorrow will produce the same result as the Wycombe match.

Lapslie is injured but McGreal seems keen for him to play. He was ineffective last week when fit and we have options so I hope there will be at least one change in the starting XI.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Super U's to be like Bees around the Honey-Pot at the Hive on Saturday! on 22:11 - Sep 16 with 800 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to be like Bees around the Honey-Pot at the Hive on Saturday! on 21:42 - Sep 16 by Leadbelly

Away games at Wycombe and Barnet were on my list of easy trips, for me at least, when the fixtures were announced. Since then most of my partner's family have moved to the Midlands and both games have coincided with "compulsory" visits for kid's birthdays. Vexing in the extreme.

Hopefully my absence tomorrow will produce the same result as the Wycombe match.

Lapslie is injured but McGreal seems keen for him to play. He was ineffective last week when fit and we have options so I hope there will be at least one change in the starting XI.

My two matches so far this season (Pompey and Exeter) have been defeats, so I'm hoping tomorrow's trip will see a change of fortune. I am, of course, open to generous offers if anyone as a result would prefer I stay away...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's to be like Bees around the Honey-Pot at the Hive on Saturday! on 23:17 - Sep 16 with 785 viewsLeadbelly

Third time lucky...I have a feeling.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Super U's to be like Bees around the Honey-Pot at the Hive on Saturday! on 17:14 - Sep 17 with 708 viewsnoah4x4

Worst second half performance in a while. Played well until Szmodic's departed injured. Thereafter no midfield, no shape, no passion. Just awful. But if we can play this poorly and take a point things can't be too bad. Frankly, we have found our level and I will settle for a top half place after the weekly woes we suffered in Division One.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024