Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hacked buds. My Discover card and Chase, hacked. 04:41 - Sep 21 with 416 viewsWessiehomesPete

I''ve been doing damage control for about 6 hours.

Hacked buds. My Discover card and Chase, hacked. on 09:31 - Sep 21 with 407 viewsnoah4x4

That is tough Pete; but card; Internet and phone scam is now happening all too often. I think it is the banks; plus Google and Microsoft's fault. I got caught by a clever passport application scam (which was so clever; it wasn't even illegal!). Now I am ultra cautious.

With modern contactless cards; all somebody needs to do is brush against your pocket containing your wallet with their mobile 'phone card reader app and they have stolen your details. Technology pursuit of convenience has gone way too far. Frankly, I don't want a contactless card, but they are now being automatically issued.

Then we have Windows 10; the 'Cloud' and a gazillion other things that want to take over your entire life; each with password demands have made lots of stuff almost unmanageable unless you write them down (worst thing you can do!). I now have more secret passwords than the resistance had in war time. But torture me at your peril; I won't talk. I also refuse to click on anything embedded in an email received on my 'phone. At least on a desktop PC you can see the full sender's email address; which can be hidden on a phone email app. That prudence has saved me on a number of occasions, as when I checked the same email on my desktop; it was an awesomely sophisticated attempt to phish my details.

Frankly, I now carry MORE cash than I once did because my theory now is I don't have to use my cards on trivial purchases; their lesser usage; hence fewer opportunities to rip me off. At 6ft 2in and 21 stone any muggers will still think twice despite my age.
Hacked buds. My Discover card and Chase, hacked. on 12:55 - Sep 21 with 396 viewsWessiehomesPete

it seems they hit my WiFi at the house .. It's too bizarre that two cards got hacked.

One is the one I always use when I fly over to see you nutters (see other post, Pete is flying over after the New Year)..

I'm distraught. I've tried to protect my credit best I can.

I'm even now selling on eBay. I have to protect my financial reputation.

Good. Grief.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024