Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Foul and abusive language 21:52 - Sep 26 with 530 viewsLeadbelly

I was genuinely shocked on Saturday by the vitriol and abuse heaped on Elliot Parrish at the end of the game by one particular Colchester supporter who was standing by the advertising hoardings behind the goal.

"Parrish you f*****g c**t" was clearly audible several times from where I was sat and Parrish was much closer to the perpetrator than I was. I know I wasn't alone in hearing this because several people around me made comments.

I'm certainly no prude but I really don't understand how anyone could behave in this fashion, particularly when Parrish played for Colchester last season and there are women and children in close proximity...and stewards who did nothing.

I'll refrain from describing the individual involved because I'm certain everyone will know exactly who it is if I do.

I've thought long and hard about posting this but have done so because the incident has really niggled me and I'd welcome comments from other boarders. It's not what I want on a Saturday afternoon and makes Essex membership next year look even more attractive.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Foul and abusive language on 22:12 - Sep 26 with 527 viewsmfb_cufc

Shocked to hear this Leadbelly, as Parrish was given a 100% good reception in the South stand, at the beginning of the second-half. Perhaps this lout just wanted to take his frustration out on him because we lost.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2016 22:13]

mfb

Foul and abusive language on 23:56 - Sep 26 with 514 viewsdurham_exile

Clinton Morrison was also subjected to the same foul mouthed abuse at an away game. He reacted and would have definitely climbed into the stand if the match was not underway at the time.

There is no place for this type of abuse for Colchester players let alone ex Col U players, but sadly this is the age we live in.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Foul and abusive language on 07:14 - Sep 27 with 503 viewsSector4

There was at least a couple of idiots at the front at the end of the game. I couldn't believe the one who threw the ball to the back of the stand in injury time when we were pressing for an equaliser.
Foul and abusive language on 15:22 - Sep 27 with 474 viewsWessiehomesPete

I'm running an innocuous NFL PL and only two are participating on the OMB. And I'm one of ColU's biggest supporters (I fly over and put my money where my mouth is).

They literally had a cow when on the footy chat side I casually mentioned look out for an NFL PL on General Chat. Now there is still a hostile element occasionally "stalking me" on General Chat, which no one reads.

Thankfully, tinjake (Global Moderator) and BromleyU have bal*s to participate.

I said in a recent post there, You should be more concerned about attendances dropping to below 3000 after Crawley and Carlisle (rather than be obsessed with me). And that I fully expect to see the U's after the New Year with attendances of 1900 or so... That should be cozy.

There is a nasty element that is driving supporters away. One weekend I may actually attend Braintree and/or Spurs.

It's not just Mr. Cowling giving supporters pause. It's also a nasty cluster in you-know-what-stand... I never sit there. Rant over.
Foul and abusive language on 20:43 - Sep 27 with 444 viewswessex_exile

I have a feeling I know exactly who you're talking about Whales, assuming virtually any description would make him immediately identifiable. This is very sad indeed, because Parrish did nothing wrong at Col U - okay, apart from not starting very well - but he finished well and did not deserve abuse from U's fans.

I was at Barnet, and frankly the support was excellent throughout - I was surprised more wasn't said about it on the forums after the game (quite a few Barnet fans did admit it though). Yes, the frustration of conceding a late equaliser was palpable, but I was very sad to learn later that as the players trudged off at full time, some of our own supporters heaped abuse on our own players! I don't know if there's a correlation between this and last weekend, but regardless to have all that fantastic support undone by a few idiots at the very end was disgraceful.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Foul and abusive language on 21:15 - Sep 27 with 439 viewsLeadbelly

Foul and abusive language on 20:43 - Sep 27 by wessex_exile

I have a feeling I know exactly who you're talking about Whales, assuming virtually any description would make him immediately identifiable. This is very sad indeed, because Parrish did nothing wrong at Col U - okay, apart from not starting very well - but he finished well and did not deserve abuse from U's fans.

I was at Barnet, and frankly the support was excellent throughout - I was surprised more wasn't said about it on the forums after the game (quite a few Barnet fans did admit it though). Yes, the frustration of conceding a late equaliser was palpable, but I was very sad to learn later that as the players trudged off at full time, some of our own supporters heaped abuse on our own players! I don't know if there's a correlation between this and last weekend, but regardless to have all that fantastic support undone by a few idiots at the very end was disgraceful.

I'm sure your feeling is correct.

Parrish got a great reception before kick off and rightly so. He did as well as could be expected with the defence we had and made it clear he wanted to stay at the club before he was released. He certainly did nothing to warrant the abuse he received on Saturday.

I've never had cause to speak with the individual involved before but, by coincidence, I was treated to his foul words of wisdom whilst at the urinal at half time. In view of his obvious displeasure at the team's first half performance, despite being a goal up, his odious behaviour at the end of the game isn't such a surprise.

I hadn't heard about the abuse at the Barnet game. I get as frustrated as the next man when either of my teams don't perform as well as they could but I wouldn't dream of directing personal abuse at any player. Obviously some people think differently...if they think at all, that is.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024