Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for the U's to get back to winning ways at Donny Rovers this weekend 23:56 - Oct 14 with 459 viewsdurham_exile

Tomorrow sees the first of three season defining games for JM’s charges as they fight to resurrect their form after some recent poor results.

Doncaster Rovers, Morecambe and Plymouth Argyle will offer their own unique challenges and it is true to say that Colchester often perform better against the top teams.

Darren Ferguson has been in charge at the Keepmoat for one year and even without top scorer Andy Williams, Donny will provide a stiff test for the U’s.

Without doubt our recent results have been very disappointing but our performances have merited more points than we have accumulated and so I expect our fortunes to change, starting tomorrow.

Forget about the injuries, seasoned supporters have grown used to growing injury lists. It is encouraging that Brennan Dickenson is back in training, it would be good to have him back in time for the Home Park game.

Luke Prosser will make a welcome return this weekend and JM has recalled Macauley Bonne from Lincoln and it is to be hoped that he will figure at some stage tomorrow. Glen Kamara is back from International duty with Finland. I am less encouraged however about Fosu playing, he flatters to deceive and despite much time on the ball has very little end product. I would rather see Dion Sembie-Ferris start on the wing. Lloyd Doyley may not yet be fully match fit and so another week may be required before he lines up in the famous blue and white shirt.

So JM will choose from the following:

Walker

Brindley Eastman Prosser Kinsella

Wright Slater Szmodics Sembie-Ferris

Guthrie

Porter

Subs:

Bransgrove, Vincent-Young, Wynter Kamara Johnstone Bonne Fosu

The Roman Army desperately need a lift, the team badly needs a win and such a win would be hugely beneficial at a time in the season when the league is becoming polarised and consecutive victories would see the U’s move back into the top seven.

We have also reached that time of the season when the draw is about to be made for the first round proper of the FA Cup. We are number 14 and a good home draw is essential.

Let us take the game to Doncaster, it is about time that we showed some belief and recaptured that form that we showed in August and some of September. It will be a couple of week before Dickenson returns therefore the onus of responsibility is on Drey Wright and Sembie-Ferris to deliver the chances for Porter and Guthrie to put away.

Safe journey to the travelling Roman Army. Let us enjoy the game and look forward to three invaluable points.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Time for the U's to get back to winning ways at Donny Rovers this weekend on 06:05 - Oct 15 with 446 viewsnoah4x4

Durham, I would like to see Kamara feature, maybe instead of the noticably weary Szmodics. He has impressed me for the U23's. Might be a walking yellow card, but he is a fearless midfield tackler, ball winner and his enthusiasm would lift the team. Worth a try until Lapslie can again fulfil that role.

Kent was also awesome for U23s versus Bolton. Head and shoulders the best player on the pitch. I would rest Eastman.

But agree with your demand for width, dropping Fosu for Sembie-Ferris. But might playing Bonne wide be a better call? He was brilliant in that role, notably against Wealdstone last season (OK, non-league). I feel JMcG must try some innovative things as plan A isn't working. Desperately missing Dickenson and Garvan.

Would also drop Walker for Bransgrove, who is fearless, vocal and comes bravely for crosses. Walker has lost something since his injury (courage?).

See you at Donny maybe..
[Post edited 15 Oct 2016 6:09]
Time for the U's to get back to winning ways at Donny Rovers this weekend on 09:19 - Oct 15 with 425 viewsdurham_exile

Time for the U's to get back to winning ways at Donny Rovers this weekend on 06:05 - Oct 15 by noah4x4

Durham, I would like to see Kamara feature, maybe instead of the noticably weary Szmodics. He has impressed me for the U23's. Might be a walking yellow card, but he is a fearless midfield tackler, ball winner and his enthusiasm would lift the team. Worth a try until Lapslie can again fulfil that role.

Kent was also awesome for U23s versus Bolton. Head and shoulders the best player on the pitch. I would rest Eastman.

But agree with your demand for width, dropping Fosu for Sembie-Ferris. But might playing Bonne wide be a better call? He was brilliant in that role, notably against Wealdstone last season (OK, non-league). I feel JMcG must try some innovative things as plan A isn't working. Desperately missing Dickenson and Garvan.

Would also drop Walker for Bransgrove, who is fearless, vocal and comes bravely for crosses. Walker has lost something since his injury (courage?).

See you at Donny maybe..
[Post edited 15 Oct 2016 6:09]

Noah, I have only seen Kamara in a cameo role at Carlisle and the game was already lost when he was introduced.

Recalling Bonne suggests that he will play some part tomorrow, probably from the bench.

Definitely missing Dickenson and I hope that he will be back for Plymouth.

I have always been a Walker fan, whereas Gerry has always had some reservations about him.

I will be at Donny and Home Park. May see you at the Keepmoat.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024