Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Olly Murs to perform at WHCS 14:03 - Nov 28 with 991 viewsnoah4x4

No disrespect to the lad, but he is hardly in the same league as Elton & Lionel.

We won't be bothering this year, notably at £40 minimum a ticket (n.b. we paid £70 last year). Maybe we would pay £20 to hear him in Castle Park, but this announcement is disappointing when we were expecting another rock-deity.

Last year Lionel made the stadium rock despite the rain; the overcast cold June evening. I just can't see Olly Murs raising the roof, oh....WHCS hasn't got one.......exactly!

I predict tickets will be available on the day. There are over 500 left for his Christmas Special at the O2 next week. Any Usual boarders likely to attend in June?
Olly Murs to perform at WHCS on 15:10 - Nov 28 with 986 viewsLeadbelly

If I tell you I've seen The Undertones and The Damned in the last 10 days it won't come as a big surprise that I won't be going to see Olly Murs at WHCS. Not really my thing. That said, I know a lot of people who will want tickets and will no doubt want my ST if it helps them.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2016 16:28]

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Olly Murs to perform at WHCS on 16:41 - Nov 28 with 976 viewsFruitbat

Quite impressed that they've managed to book someone I am even less likely to spend money on going to see than Elton or Lionel!
Olly Murs to perform at WHCS on 17:50 - Nov 28 with 964 viewsLeadbelly

Olly Murs to perform at WHCS on 16:41 - Nov 28 by Fruitbat

Quite impressed that they've managed to book someone I am even less likely to spend money on going to see than Elton or Lionel!

Be honest, which bands that we listen to or have seen/would see live are ever going to play WHCS?

Olly Murs to perform at WHCS on 19:12 - Nov 28 with 950 viewsFruitbat

Olly Murs to perform at WHCS on 17:50 - Nov 28 by Leadbelly

Be honest, which bands that we listen to or have seen/would see live are ever going to play WHCS?

True but at least with E & L, even if their music is not to my personal taste, I can appreciate that they are major recording artists who've sold millions of records in decades long careers. Murrs on the other hand is just some bloke from Witham who was on a 'talent' show (that he didn't even win!).
Olly Murs to perform at WHCS on 20:32 - Nov 28 with 930 viewswessex_exile

Olly Murs to perform at WHCS on 19:12 - Nov 28 by Fruitbat

True but at least with E & L, even if their music is not to my personal taste, I can appreciate that they are major recording artists who've sold millions of records in decades long careers. Murrs on the other hand is just some bloke from Witham who was on a 'talent' show (that he didn't even win!).

None of them do much for me to be honest (though I confess I do have Captain Fantastic and Goodbye Yellow Brick Rd on vinyl), but I bet Olly Murs sells out anyway.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Olly Murs to perform at WHCS on 21:32 - Nov 28 with 915 viewsLeadbelly

As it is almost a home "fixture" I'm sure it will sell out in no time.

Olly Murs to perform at WHCS on 06:24 - Nov 29 with 893 viewsbwildered

We all must have been to a gig/concert but have not got a record/CD of the artist in your collection . Can name several ( which might now include Murs ? ).

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Olly Murs to perform at WHCS on 14:48 - Nov 29 with 869 viewsnoah4x4

Olly Murs to perform at WHCS on 06:24 - Nov 29 by bwildered

We all must have been to a gig/concert but have not got a record/CD of the artist in your collection . Can name several ( which might now include Murs ? ).

I saw Edison Lighthouse (Love grows where my rosemary goes); White Plains (My baby loves loving); Pipkins (Gimme date ding); ALL in a space of merely three weeks at Hartlebury Village Hall (Worcestershire). Circa 1970. Capacity about 100.

We thought it was a pi55 take as it was always the same two blokes singing. But the classics mentioned did feature. Tony Burrows and Roger Greenaway went on to create over 80 top ten hits. Within 12 months each of the three manufactured bands I had seen in that month had sold over a million singles and hit #1, without my help!

Session singer Tony Burrows became a one hit wonder at least five times. He additionally performed with (all having top ten hits); the Ivy League; The Flower Pot Men (let's go to San Francisco); Brotherhood of Man .

I never bought any of his records; in retaliation for him taking an extra 2 x two shillings from me when he could have performed all his hits on the first night!

ADDED (just read this...,)
As a postscript to my last paragraph, Tony Burrows embarrassed Top of the Pops producers by turning up to perform with three different groups in the same episode. The following week he appeared with a fourth. No wonder the Monkees were so successful.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2016 15:14]
Login to get fewer ads

Olly Murs to perform at WHCS on 15:31 - Nov 29 with 854 viewsTheOldOakTree

Sorry this should have been a reply to bwildered's post.

I would take that further, I bet many of us have been to gigs of groups we can't stand, simply to maintain or enhance our sex lives.

The shite I have endured in the pursuit of such include Bon Jovi, Roxette, Alexander O'Neal and very recently the Goo Goo Dolls.

I also recently just avoided Jack Savoretti by the skin of my teeth.

I bet there's a few that will be going to Olly just to keep the missus happy.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2016 15:42]
Olly Murs to perform at WHCS on 16:34 - Nov 29 with 841 viewsFruitbat

Olly Murs to perform at WHCS on 06:24 - Nov 29 by bwildered

I saw Tina Turner back in the day who was adequate entertainment but it certainly didn't encourage me to buy up her back catalogue. Support was The Neville Brothers and Michael McDonald from the Doobie Brothers and they were both excellent but I still didn't buy any of their records. Other than that, I think I own records by everybody I've seen live - even the guy from Paper Lace who I saw on holiday when I was 12 (I have a 7" of 'Billy don't a hero somewhere' ).
Olly Murs to perform at WHCS on 21:30 - Nov 29 with 812 viewsLeadbelly

Olly Murs to perform at WHCS on 16:34 - Nov 29 by Fruitbat

I saw Tina Turner back in the day who was adequate entertainment but it certainly didn't encourage me to buy up her back catalogue. Support was The Neville Brothers and Michael McDonald from the Doobie Brothers and they were both excellent but I still didn't buy any of their records. Other than that, I think I own records by everybody I've seen live - even the guy from Paper Lace who I saw on holiday when I was 12 (I have a 7" of 'Billy don't a hero somewhere' ).

"somewhere"? As if you don't know exactly where that single is at all times!

Olly Murs to perform at WHCS on 21:34 - Nov 29 with 811 viewsLeadbelly

Olly Murs to perform at WHCS on 15:31 - Nov 29 by TheOldOakTree

Sorry this should have been a reply to bwildered's post.

I would take that further, I bet many of us have been to gigs of groups we can't stand, simply to maintain or enhance our sex lives.

The shite I have endured in the pursuit of such include Bon Jovi, Roxette, Alexander O'Neal and very recently the Goo Goo Dolls.

I also recently just avoided Jack Savoretti by the skin of my teeth.

I bet there's a few that will be going to Olly just to keep the missus happy.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2016 15:42]

I don't think I've ever fancied anyone enough or been on a promise of sufficient interest to have sat through that lot. Chapeau!

Olly Murs to perform at WHCS on 09:18 - Nov 30 with 792 viewswessex_exile

Olly Murs to perform at WHCS on 21:34 - Nov 29 by Leadbelly

I don't think I've ever fancied anyone enough or been on a promise of sufficient interest to have sat through that lot. Chapeau!

I saw Van Halen (supporting Black Sabbath) at the Ipswich Gaumont back in the day, and having just double-checked I am delighted to report I do not possess a single track in any format by Eddie and his chaps - they were utterly dreadful (and frankly Black Sabbath not much better). There are undoubtedly many readily forgettable festival bands I've caught sight of over the years that I don't own any music for, but other than Van Halen I reckon I must have music for all of the main act bands I've ever seen.

Up the U's

Olly Murs to perform at WHCS on 10:16 - Nov 30 with 785 viewspwrightsknees

It's 27th March 1967. Venue is the Saville Theatre (now a multi-screen cinema) in Shaftesbury Avenue London. Three acts on the bill:

The Bee Gees. An unknown group at the time, and this was their first public performance in this country. Not very memorable and in their pre-disco days, of course. No, I haven't any of their recordings.

Gerry and The Pacemakers. They had disbanded the previous October, and this was their first farewell performance before re-forming a few times later. We had to put up with their hits, "I'm telling you now", "I like it" etc. Plus other forgettable stuff. I have nothing by this lot either.

Fats Domino. Brilliant as ever. I have over 250 recordings by him.

[Post edited 30 Nov 2016 10:24]
Olly Murs to perform at WHCS on 10:21 - Nov 30 with 785 viewsTheOldOakTree

Olly Murs to perform at WHCS on 21:34 - Nov 29 by Leadbelly

If I could live my life again I would avoid the first three and just settle for a good old Sherman instead.

....but the Goo Goo Dolls at the LCR last month were quite entertaining, if only for the fact the bass player appeared to be totally off his tits and put in a first class, grade A 'rocker's performance.
Olly Murs to perform at WHCS on 10:38 - Nov 30 with 778 viewswessex_exile

Olly Murs to perform at WHCS on 10:21 - Nov 30 by TheOldOakTree

If I could live my life again I would avoid the first three and just settle for a good old Sherman instead.

....but the Goo Goo Dolls at the LCR last month were quite entertaining, if only for the fact the bass player appeared to be totally off his tits and put in a first class, grade A 'rocker's performance.

Not sure if I could sit through an entire concern, but Dizzy is one of my more often played tracks on i-Tunes.

Up the U's

Olly Murs to perform at WHCS on 16:17 - Nov 30 with 759 viewsFruitbat

I recall a particularly godawful support act I saw one night but can't remember the name. After each track they all swapped instruments. I think it was supposed to be a bit avante garde but to me it looked (and sounded) they were just trying to find one they could play.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024