Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Happy Cup 2016/17 Final group table, 8 qualifiers for Round 4, fixtures tbd 22:49 - Jan 7 with 523 viewsWessiehomesPete

WESSEX_EXILE enters the quarterfinals as the top seed because of the first to post tie-breaker over BASHER2010 .. both finish with 13 points and two 3-pointers... GSY163 also advances as a second place finisher over DURHAM_EXILE by the same means, first-to-post... CONCORDMAN posted two different sets, and while I used his first predictions (2 points), the second pick-10 accumulated only 3 points, still not enough to advance.. GATE16 wins Group 2 because he posted before MFB_CUFC ... TROPICAL_US managed a very solid 11 points, advancing to the quarters without a 3-pointer, along with gsy163... SECTOR4 ekes out the 4th top seed versus ETHICSGIRL who managed a terrific 12 points. Alas, Sector4 was one of only three who prognosticated two 3-pointers...

The overall scoring was quite low when you consider it was 26 fixtures... Hard luck for DESTHEGOONER who had a quality 6 point week. 1 point from anywhere else over three weeks and he would have been in the playoffs... NOAH4X4 and SEVEBALO could not overcome an outcome drought while nonetheless nailing two 3-pointers, not an easy feat in the group stage...

Honourable mention to:
DANIEL, who pins this comp because, frankly, it's been around so long that if there were a comfy chair image instead of a "pin," that's what this PL needs .. back on point, Daniel predicted all 1-1's and if only 1 had been a 1-1 he would have made a miraculous recovery week three. And none of us saw this coming, 5 draws, three nil-nils and two 2-2's. If Dan had predicted all 0-0's instead? he would have pocketed 11 points, finishing with a group stage best 15 points. Having said that, I can see the logic of his Pick-10.

Side thought about the FA Cup:
Only THREE home clubs won. A minuscule three. If you had opted for all 2-1 or 2-0 or 1-0.. three points. I'm actually proud, while I didn't make it to the quarterfinals, I got 6 points. That was the highest tally in Group 2 this week. At least I gave it a good shot.

Noteworthy predictions, and they really were impressive:
SECTOR4 -- Brentford v Eastleigh 5-1
MFB_CUFC and MRHAPPY -- Huddersfield v Port Vale 4-0
BLUE4U2 -- Norwich v Southampton 2-2

The final tables, top two in each group advance to the quarterfinal one-offs:

Group 1 .......Round 3/total 3-pointers/total points
SECTOR4 .................... (+7) .... (2) .... (12 points)
ethicsgirl .................... (+4) .... (1) .... (12)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ^ Rd 4 qualifiers
RSCOSWORTH .............. (+4) .... (0) .... (10)
Blue4U2 ..................... (+6) .... (1) .... (9)
thrillseeker ................. (+3) .... (0) .... (8)

Group 2
GATE16 ..................... (+3) .... (1) .... (13)
mfb_cufc.................... (+5) .... (1) .... (13)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ^ Rd 4 qualifiers
noah4x4.......................(+3) .... (2) .... (11)
sevebalo ..................... (+5) .... (2) .... (11)
WessiehomesPete ...........(+6) .... (1) .... (8)
OhOriOri ...................... (0) .... (1) .... (5)

Group 3
WESSEX_EXILE ............ (+3) .... (2) .... (13)
gsy163 ....................... (+3) .... (0) .... (10)
durham_exile .............. (+4) .... (0) .... (10)
mrhappy .................... (+5) .... (1) .... (8)
Colukev ...................... (0) .... (0) .... (6)
burnsieespana ............. (+2) .... (0) .... (5)

Group 4
BASHER2010 .............. (+6) .... (2) .... (13)
Tropical_Us ................ (+4) .... (0) .... (11)
- - - - - - - - - - - -. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ^ Rd 4 qualifiers
desthegooner .............. (+6) .... (1) .... (10)
concordman ................ (+2) .... (1) .... (9)
Daniel ....................... (+5) .... (0) .... (9)
BFG.............................(0) .... (0) .... (6)

Round 4 Draw (1 week, 10 fixtures, the usual tie-breakers including first one to post):

Fixtures tbd after FA Cup 3rd Round replays/..this is a one-off: (seeds in parentheses)

The Quarterfinals:

(1) WESSEX_EXILE v (8) GSY163
(2) BASHER2010 v (7) TROPICAL_US
(3) GATE16 v (6) ETHICSGIRL
(4) SECTOR4 v (5) MFB_CUFC

*In the semifinals, the highest seed to advance will play versus the lowest seed. The second highest seed will compete versus the second lowest to advance.

More updates and miscellaneous add-ons upcoming. Thank you all for participating.

Up the U's.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 2:26]
The Happy Cup 2016/17 Final group table, 8 qualifiers for Round 4, fixtures tbd on 23:49 - Jan 7 with 499 viewsmrhappy

Nice work bro x

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

The Happy Cup 2016/17 Final group table, 8 qualifiers for Round 4, fixtures tbd on 00:43 - Jan 8 with 490 viewsWessiehomesPete

The Happy Cup 2016/17 Final group table, 8 qualifiers for Round 4, fixtures tbd on 23:49 - Jan 7 by mrhappy

Nice work bro x

Thanks Haps

Neither you or I made it past the group stage. oh well

Looking forward to Sunday 12 March at our regular London haunt where the burgers and chips are outstanding.

I just noticed that the FA Cup quarterfinals are the weekend of 11 March (Sat), but there will undoubtedly be a Sunday game (the 12th)... Know what? That's the Happy Cup Final weekend too! Talk about timing.

And by the way Well Done, Derby! At the Hawthorns, no less. It's not easy to defeat the Baggies on their home grounds.

If we get Rams v Spurs in the final I am dropping everything and flying over in a heartbeat.

edit .. and yea, the USA gets Leeds v Derby on TV as a showcase tie on Friday.. Live, of course, not 'delayed." That's gonna be great.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 1:50]
The Happy Cup 2016/17 Final group table, 8 qualifiers for Round 4, fixtures tbd on 15:47 - Jan 11 with 411 viewsWessiehomesPete

Reminder:

The Pick-10 for Round 4 (our quarterfinals) will not be posted until all becomes clear.

17th and 18th January there are 10(!) replays, so there is frankly not much to work with yet.

Fixtures will be played the weekend of 28th January and posted 19th January for the Happy Cup.

The U'sual tie-breakers: 3 pointers and then first to-post.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024