Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How good was Gavin Massey? 11:47 - Feb 15 with 1535 viewsmrhappy

I heard he is the best player in the division?

Is that true...?

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

How good was Gavin Massey? on 12:44 - Feb 15 with 1523 viewsColukev

Always had potential in my view, but various injuries and attitude problems never saw him fulfil that early promise.

I believe orient actually paid a fee for him, which was nearly as surprising when Clive Platt and Hoofroyd both were poached from us...haha ....lol....

He scored 20 something goals for us, in 170 games, which when in comparison with Dickenson this season, I think we got the better end of the deal.

Having said that, he has been on fire for Orient over the last few weeks, but something tells me it's only a short term uprising.

I wouldn't take him back over our current wingers/strikers....and most certainly not for a fee!
How good was Gavin Massey? on 13:26 - Feb 15 with 1511 viewsRSCOSWORTH

He had his moments but there are better footballers here and at other clubs in the division.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

How good was Gavin Massey? on 16:03 - Feb 15 with 1491 viewsFruitbat

In a word, no.

Never progressed far from when he was originally here on loan. He looked like he had potential then but didn't live up to it. Like others, I was amazed that Orient actually parted with hard cash for him.
How good was Gavin Massey? on 16:39 - Feb 15 with 1470 viewsTheOldOakTree

I always thought he was good, but the Spurs game really pissed me off. I think he was our man of the match? He looked to be putting in twice as much effort as he normally did.
How good was Gavin Massey? on 17:25 - Feb 15 with 1452 viewsdurham_exile

I liked Gavin Massey very much. Rated him as a player and I felt that he never fully achieved his full potential.

When my youngest son was preparing his dissertation, he created a U's Magazine as part of the content. He attended the Colchester v Huddersfield match (the disappointing 1-1 draw when we missed a penalty and scored an own goal) and interviewed among others Gavin Massey. He made time for the interview and spoke very well with clarity and refreshing honesty.

I am pleased that he is playing well for Orient but can't help thinking that he should be playing in the upper echelons of League One at least.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

How good was Gavin Massey? on 17:32 - Feb 15 with 1444 viewsmrhappy

Nice one chaps - good diverse opinions here.

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

How good was Gavin Massey? on 18:06 - Feb 15 with 1436 viewsLeadbelly

I have a good mate who is a lifelong Orient fan. He was amazed they paid money for him before he played for them, doubly so once he did.

Feelings seem to be that he can play but doesn't do so with any consistency, has a poor attitude and is a bit of a prima donna.

We don't need him and I don't think we really miss him either.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

How good was Gavin Massey? on 18:47 - Feb 15 with 1427 viewsbwildered

Saw two goals recently he scored, which were out the top draw, unfortunately they are few and far between and if he was performing like that on a regular basis would undoubtedly be playing above L1 status .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Login to get fewer ads

How good was Gavin Massey? on 18:59 - Feb 15 with 1418 viewsgerry_us

Two goals last night in a rather improbable win for the O's at Plymouth. It seems everyone that have left in the past few seasons have become regular scorers, and that including Ibhere, Henderson, Ladapo and JJO'Toole which will no doubt bring Durham in to the thread! JJ was his favourite.
How good was Gavin Massey? on 20:06 - Feb 15 with 1400 viewsdurham_exile

How good was Gavin Massey? on 18:59 - Feb 15 by gerry_us

Two goals last night in a rather improbable win for the O's at Plymouth. It seems everyone that have left in the past few seasons have become regular scorers, and that including Ibhere, Henderson, Ladapo and JJO'Toole which will no doubt bring Durham in to the thread! JJ was his favourite.

Gerry,

JJ O'Toole undoubtedly one of the greats. Always look for his name in the Cobblers team.

Interesting to note that both Moncur and Gilbey have been damp squibs this season.

Just hope that we get hold of some of those Oxygen tents or equivalent to nurse some of the walking wounded back to rude health and quick. Otherwise it is goodnight vienna for the promotion push.

By the way did you think that big Sam was to blame for the third goal last night because I do.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

How good was Gavin Massey? on 20:20 - Feb 15 with 1394 viewswessex_exile

How good was Gavin Massey? on 20:06 - Feb 15 by durham_exile

Gerry,

JJ O'Toole undoubtedly one of the greats. Always look for his name in the Cobblers team.

Interesting to note that both Moncur and Gilbey have been damp squibs this season.

Just hope that we get hold of some of those Oxygen tents or equivalent to nurse some of the walking wounded back to rude health and quick. Otherwise it is goodnight vienna for the promotion push.

By the way did you think that big Sam was to blame for the third goal last night because I do.

Up the U's

I haven't seen the highlights yet (lowlights surely? - Ed.), but the commentary team laid the blame firmly on Sam's doorstep, that's for sure.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

How good was Gavin Massey? on 20:45 - Feb 15 with 1381 viewsgerry_us

Gerry,

Up the U's

Pete. You know my thoughts about big Sam. I thought we bought a Scottish keeper as cover but he wasn't even on the bench last night. He's not injured is He?
How good was Gavin Massey? on 20:51 - Feb 15 with 1376 viewsTheOldOakTree

Gerry,

Up the U's

In fairness to Gilbey, he had a bad ankle injury in late September that required surgery.
How good was Gavin Massey? on 21:02 - Feb 15 with 1374 viewsDaniel

I rated Massey and thought he could have been a good player for us at this level. I don't think we saw the best of him as he was always played on the wing instead of through the middle or upfront.

Have to concur with others though, he's certainly not the best in this league and I'd happily have our current players over him.
How good was Gavin Massey? on 21:44 - Feb 15 with 1363 viewsLeadbelly

How good was Gavin Massey? on 20:45 - Feb 15 by gerry_us

Pete. You know my thoughts about big Sam. I thought we bought a Scottish keeper as cover but he wasn't even on the bench last night. He's not injured is He?

Brill has a knee injury, out for two weeks.

Sam and the defenders didn't react to the corner that led to the first goal. Smith did, free header, 1-1.

The second goal was an excellent volley following a good move. I'll admit I applauded and there were plenty more one eyed than me that did the same.

The third goal was at the other end and I'd forgotten my distance glasses so couldn't see clearly but it appeared Sam dived and the ball bounced over him. Possibly a howler, possibly unlucky, certainly not good.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024