Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Game from yesteryear ? 09:01 - May 28 with 715 viewsbwildered

Interviewers post match description of this years cup final was a game from yesteryear. Agree ?
Well it did not kick off at three o clock to start with !

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Game from yesteryear ? on 21:32 - May 29 with 677 viewswessex_exile

True, but I did enjoy the match - it seems a while since we've had such an entertaining cup final? Certainly better than the Championship play-off match today between Huddersfield and Reading.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Game from yesteryear ? on 21:34 - May 30 with 651 viewsLeadbelly

There was a time, late '70s and early '80s, when the entire FA Cup Final coverage was essential viewing, including the coaches leaving the team hotels! Despite that i can't remember the last time I actually bothered to watch the game. Too much football on TV, not enough hours in the day or top clubs not treating the competition with the respect it deserves? A little bit of each I suspect.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Game from yesteryear ? on 00:21 - Jun 1 with 629 viewsdurham_exile

Game from yesteryear ? on 21:32 - May 29 by wessex_exile

True, but I did enjoy the match - it seems a while since we've had such an entertaining cup final? Certainly better than the Championship play-off match today between Huddersfield and Reading.

Totally agree Wessex, I too enjoyed the cup final this year.

Of course at one time it was the last game of the season always kicked off at 3pm and the coverage started early doors with the full pre match rituals etc.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Game from yesteryear ? on 21:18 - Jun 2 with 593 viewswessex_exile

Game from yesteryear ? on 00:21 - Jun 1 by durham_exile

Totally agree Wessex, I too enjoyed the cup final this year.

Of course at one time it was the last game of the season always kicked off at 3pm and the coverage started early doors with the full pre match rituals etc.

Up the U's

I have a vague recollection that for the Arsenal v Liverpool final, the choice of who played in home strip was decided on Blue Peter during the preceding week? That was how important to the nation the FA Cup Final used to be!

RIP John Noakes

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024