Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Number 23 Southern non seeded group will play 18:46 - Jun 12 with 1167 viewsdurham_exile

The super U's will find out their opponents in the Carabao cup on Friday.

Matches to be played week of 7th August.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Number 23 Southern non seeded group will play on 20:54 - Jun 12 with 1159 viewsLeadbelly

Is this the latest name of the League Cup? And what or whom is Carabao?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Number 23 Southern non seeded group will play on 21:13 - Jun 12 with 1156 viewsdurham_exile

Number 23 Southern non seeded group will play on 20:54 - Jun 12 by Leadbelly

Is this the latest name of the League Cup? And what or whom is Carabao?

LB apparently it is an energy drink first produced in 2002 in Thailand and is now their second most popular drink.

And yes it is the new name for the league cup.

Chelsea and Reading are both sponsored by Carabao as well.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Number 23 Southern non seeded group will play on 21:28 - Jun 12 with 1152 viewsLeadbelly

Never heard of it until last week. I live and learn!

Number 23 Southern non seeded group will play on 22:12 - Jun 12 with 1147 viewsFruitbat

Amazing what you can find out on Wikipedia. Its basically Thai red bull and even translates as "red buffalo". A Carabao is a water buffalo native to the Philipines but no idea if its carabao flavour. They used to be shirt sponsors of Reading (the drink, not the bovines).

In the interests of science I suggest we draw straws to see who gets to taste it and report back.
Number 23 Southern non seeded group will play on 22:25 - Jun 12 with 1145 viewsbwildered

Is it served in a hoff like container ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Number 23 Southern non seeded group will play on 23:08 - Jun 12 with 1138 viewsLeadbelly

Number 23 Southern non seeded group will play on 22:12 - Jun 12 by Fruitbat

Amazing what you can find out on Wikipedia. Its basically Thai red bull and even translates as "red buffalo". A Carabao is a water buffalo native to the Philipines but no idea if its carabao flavour. They used to be shirt sponsors of Reading (the drink, not the bovines).

In the interests of science I suggest we draw straws to see who gets to taste it and report back.

Tasting like water buffalo must be preferable to tasting like Red Bull.

Number 23 Southern non seeded group will play on 13:56 - Jun 16 with 1006 viewsLeadbelly

Home to Aston Villa. Not the glamour tie against Leeds Utd that say may have preferred but it will do for the start of our cup run.

Number 23 Southern non seeded group will play on 15:46 - Jun 16 with 987 viewsFruitbat

Had a look down the list of teams we could play just before the draw and though "I quite fancy Villa". Spooky.
Login to get fewer ads

Number 23 Southern non seeded group will play on 17:25 - Jun 16 with 981 viewsbwildered

No Leeds Lead due to the north south divide .

Number 23 Southern non seeded group will play on 19:05 - Jun 16 with 972 viewsdurham_exile

Very pleased with the Cup Draw.

I have just looked up the last time that I saw the U's play Villa in the then League Cup.

Layer Road 3 Dec 1974 Quarter Final in front of 11,812.

Ray Graydon scored a 35 yarder which turned out to be the winning goal.

Bring it on.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Number 23 Southern non seeded group will play on 23:28 - Jun 16 with 937 viewsbwildered

Must have played them later than that- has remember Gary Shaw scoring two at a Layer Rd in a first leg tie .

Number 23 Southern non seeded group will play on 08:22 - Jun 17 with 920 viewsdurham_exile

Number 23 Southern non seeded group will play on 23:28 - Jun 16 by bwildered

Must have played them later than that- has remember Gary Shaw scoring two at a Layer Rd in a first leg tie .

Bwildered we have played Villa since in 1979, but I didn't watch those games.
The reason I remember the quarter final is that Villa then played Chester in a two leg semi final (games that Colchester were capable of winning) and went on to defeat Norwich City in the final.

Perhaps the closest that we have ever come to glory in the League Cup.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Number 23 Southern non seeded group will play on 17:25 - Jun 19 with 847 viewsnoah4x4

My grandson's first footie kit was a U's little dribbler babygro.
His father, my son, a Holte Ender, then bought him Aston Villa kit.
I threatened to report such child abuse to Childline.
The response was the same photograph soon appeared in a Villa programme.
Now we draw Villa in the cup!

It's winner takes all....the right to buy his next footie kit at the loser's expense.
Odds are against me, but is my son a gambler?
Number 23 Southern non seeded group will play on 18:56 - Jun 20 with 793 viewsLeadbelly

Number 23 Southern non seeded group will play on 17:25 - Jun 19 by noah4x4

My grandson's first footie kit was a U's little dribbler babygro.
His father, my son, a Holte Ender, then bought him Aston Villa kit.
I threatened to report such child abuse to Childline.
The response was the same photograph soon appeared in a Villa programme.
Now we draw Villa in the cup!

It's winner takes all....the right to buy his next footie kit at the loser's expense.
Odds are against me, but is my son a gambler?

In view of your grandson's future wellbeing this is now a must win game!

Number 23 Southern non seeded group will play on 23:34 - Jun 20 with 775 viewswessex_exile

Number 23 Southern non seeded group will play on 08:22 - Jun 17 by durham_exile

Bwildered we have played Villa since in 1979, but I didn't watch those games.
The reason I remember the quarter final is that Villa then played Chester in a two leg semi final (games that Colchester were capable of winning) and went on to defeat Norwich City in the final.

Perhaps the closest that we have ever come to glory in the League Cup.

Up the U's

Yep, that was the furthest we've been in the League Cup, quarter-final at Layer Rd in '74 against Villa. I was at that game as well, and the 0-0 4th round home draw against Southampton before that (too young for Dominey's 1-0 replay winner at The Dell though).

Apart from the fact that Walker, Cook, Packer, Svarc, Froggatt etc. played brilliantly, my lasting memory of the Villa game (from the front of the barside) was the Layer Rd end being evicted over the wall before kick-off by stewards/ police because of the huge numbers of Villa fans in there, and a very elderly and friendly pair of Villa supporters who were alongside me at the front of the barside.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Number 23 Southern non seeded group will play on 10:57 - Jun 21 with 756 viewsFruitbat

Confirmed on the telly and will be played on the Wednesday. Must be years since we had a home game on a Wednesday that wasn't Boxing Day.
Number 23 Southern non seeded group will play on 11:27 - Jun 22 with 712 viewsdurham_exile

Number 23 Southern non seeded group will play on 10:57 - Jun 21 by Fruitbat

Confirmed on the telly and will be played on the Wednesday. Must be years since we had a home game on a Wednesday that wasn't Boxing Day.

Additionally the £75K TV fee will come in very handy for the U's coffers.

Have a sneak feeling that we will shade the game.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024