Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sport related TV shows/Netflix etc to help us through these dark days 10:37 - Apr 26 with 812 viewsfatpatabudhabi

Hi everyone,

I was looking for some thoughts and feedback on TV shows that come recommended by you. Generally a sporting and football theme would be welcomed, but also any other thoughts on best shows to watch.
I was thinking of this because I am now on my second watch of Sunderland Til I Die. For those that havent watched it, I only took it up again, because I was informed there was a Series 2 - get and watch it...on Netflix.
For those that have watched it. Thoughts and potential other threads as a spin off of life and the general dynamics of the inner workings of football clubs in this current era...?

Finally, recommendations for watching pleasure please guys
Sport related TV shows/Netflix etc to help us through these dark days on 12:08 - Apr 26 with 806 viewsLeadbelly

Sopranos. Arguably one of the best drama series ever made...and plenty of sports related betting included.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Sport related TV shows/Netflix etc to help us through these dark days on 12:12 - Apr 26 with 797 viewsfatpatabudhabi

Sport related TV shows/Netflix etc to help us through these dark days on 12:08 - Apr 26 by Leadbelly

Sopranos. Arguably one of the best drama series ever made...and plenty of sports related betting included.

Thanks Lead. Heard of its merits so many times over the years and have never gotten round to watching. Perhaps this self isolation might be the perfect time...
Sport related TV shows/Netflix etc to help us through these dark days on 14:10 - Apr 26 with 787 viewsGOSBTS

If you like American Football, Friday Night Lights is a fantastic TV series. On the face of it it's an American teen drama, but it's so much more. Raw with excellent characters and storylines unlike the usual perfectly filmed, manicured US shows. All 5 seasons are on Amazon Prime.

Also for real life sports, the All or Nothing series on Prime is excellent. They followed Man City the year they won their first title under Pep. Better than Sunderland Til I Die IMO. The All or Nothing series also covers New Zealand All Blacks and a host of NFL teams.
Sport related TV shows/Netflix etc to help us through these dark days on 08:34 - Apr 27 with 751 viewsfatpatabudhabi

Sport related TV shows/Netflix etc to help us through these dark days on 14:10 - Apr 26 by GOSBTS

If you like American Football, Friday Night Lights is a fantastic TV series. On the face of it it's an American teen drama, but it's so much more. Raw with excellent characters and storylines unlike the usual perfectly filmed, manicured US shows. All 5 seasons are on Amazon Prime.

Also for real life sports, the All or Nothing series on Prime is excellent. They followed Man City the year they won their first title under Pep. Better than Sunderland Til I Die IMO. The All or Nothing series also covers New Zealand All Blacks and a host of NFL teams.

All or Nothing. Is that on Amazon Prime? I dont have access unfortunately. Is it their exclusive, and therefore wont appear on others at all?
I absolutely loved Sunderland Til I Die, so if you think is better, then I need to find a way.

Thanks for the recommednation. Keep 'em coming please people...
Sport related TV shows/Netflix etc to help us through these dark days on 09:25 - Apr 27 with 745 viewsbwildered

Fire in Babylon, a documentary on Windies cricket in the 70's / 80's .
Recently release BT film regards Jimmy Greaves, some great footage .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Sport related TV shows/Netflix etc to help us through these dark days on 10:58 - Apr 27 with 739 viewsdurham_exile

Sport related TV shows/Netflix etc to help us through these dark days on 08:34 - Apr 27 by fatpatabudhabi

All or Nothing. Is that on Amazon Prime? I dont have access unfortunately. Is it their exclusive, and therefore wont appear on others at all?
I absolutely loved Sunderland Til I Die, so if you think is better, then I need to find a way.

Thanks for the recommednation. Keep 'em coming please people...

Fans of Michael Jordan will love this.

A ten part documentary about his final season with Chicago Bulls - called the Last Dance from ESPN and Netflix.

Series based around 500 hours of never before screened video shot in 1997-98. Jordan now 57 is a billionaire who owns the Charlotte Hornets NBA team. Essential viewing.

Slam Dunk!

Durham_exile

Sport related TV shows/Netflix etc to help us through these dark days on 12:56 - Apr 27 with 732 viewsLeadbelly

Sport related TV shows/Netflix etc to help us through these dark days on 10:58 - Apr 27 by durham_exile

Fans of Michael Jordan will love this.

A ten part documentary about his final season with Chicago Bulls - called the Last Dance from ESPN and Netflix.

Series based around 500 hours of never before screened video shot in 1997-98. Jordan now 57 is a billionaire who owns the Charlotte Hornets NBA team. Essential viewing.

Slam Dunk!

The ESPN 30 for 30 documentaries, available on BT Sport in the UK, are always worth watching. Mainly US sports but well made and in depth analysis of individuals, teams, particular events or issues.

If you have access to Sky and are interested in cricket I’d certainly recommend their Cricket Masterclass series. Watching Shane Warne explain what’s he did and he is a real education!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Sport related TV shows/Netflix etc to help us through these dark days on 07:41 - Apr 28 with 695 viewsnoah4x4

Cricket lovers can watch whole of match re-runs of Colchester & East Essex CC 2019 promotion winning season via the club's Play Cricket website (under Results).

Early season 2019 video isn't great as we wrestled with the tricky technology but it's no worse than some of the stuff the U's are currently dishing up on Covid-19 saturday afternoons. . It's not easy to beam HD video 250 metres from a sight screen camera remotely controlled over WiFi and in the early days it was a bit Heath Robinson meets Blue Peter. But by seasons end the video stream was of reasonable broadcast quality. Finding universal ways to affix a camera to away ground sight screens being one challenge. Another being connecting to wifi networks with no Sky TV like satellite dish truck, But we did it.

When the 2020 season gets going, Colchester & EE TV will be launched (free to watch, non-subscription). The principle idea is to benefit analysis and player coaching through replays of wickets etc, but also to drive advertising and sponsorship revenue to help financially support the club. We have had people watching matches from Albania to Zimbabwe's and one notable stream has had over 350,000 views, but not every clip makes the Joe Root Academy and go viral. Others have exceeded 100,000 views. We probably have more viewers that the U's and I-Follow.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024