Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games 18:46 - Feb 12 with 1763 viewsKeithHaynes

Looking at the figures it’s definitely a new problem.

Cardiff fans at Bristol.

This today - A Birmingham City steward has gone viral as he walks onto the pitch mid-game to clear tennis balls thrown in protest by the home fans. The moment came just as Luton Town were on the attack, getting the ball into the penalty area before the game is stopped and the away side’s players’ are left angered by the sudden halt in play.

This week - Grimsby Town have chosen to respond to hooligan allegations uncovered by The Times after their recent match at Notts County. The Mariners have condemned the behaviour of “a minority” of fans after an investigative feature into football hooliganism appeared to show Mariners supporters engaging in drugs, underage drinking and anti-social behaviour.

Swans fans this season haven’t covered themselves in glory.

Footage has emerged and in it, a Portsmouth hooligan knocks out a Southampton supporter after singing a vile chant at him in a train station.

Portsmouth - The 22 second clip shows what seems to be a middle-aged Saints fan collapsing to the ground after he was attacked in Basingstoke.

Poor guy was surrounded by a large crowd of Pompey fans and headbutted unconscious.

Again this week - A young lad who was a amongst a group of York fans was attacked and kicked unconscious. A statement has been issued after young York City fan reportedly got hurt in an attack at Bradford Park Avenue on Wednesday night. A teenager is believed to have been injured in an altercation after the club’s match and with Bradford outfit have since said they are cooperating with police after reported violence outside the ground. Park Avenue released a statement addressing an incident that has come to light on social media, in the aftermath of their 4-2 home loss to York City.

It goes on. A match had to be stopped on Saturday as a Southend United fan pushes a steward over to fight with the Dagenham & Redbridge supporters. The FA Trophy Fourth Round fixture was stopped for around four minutes in the second half with the game marred at the actions from a number of supporters. Following the Daggers second goal, a fan from the away end came from behind the goal ran to the left hand side of the pitch before sending a security member falling, before confronting those in the home stand.

Dave has assembled over 100 incidents from the start of the year. It’s absolutely shocking.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 19:07 - Feb 12 with 1723 viewsbennytheblue

Society is very divided and a bit messed up at the moment, it’s just showing up at football aswell.
I’m not sure the police service we have now, as opposed to the force we once had, is up to it. Look at the euros final. No control at all.
Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 19:19 - Feb 12 with 1693 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Bad parenting, bad education...we are not producing well rounded people who know right from wrong anymore, the young are being ignored, parked on games consoles and mobile phones (have been for about 20 years)...adults don't invest time with them, weak adults are too afraid to take a position on anything and impart wisdom...a lot of the time in schools and households it is the children who lead, not the other way around.
A shit show in general.
It's going to get worse.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 19:53 - Feb 12 with 1647 viewsbuilthjack

Give them long prison sentences. Get it all over the media that long sentences will be given for this nonsense. Police need to start tapping doors on a Sunday morning. See the parents/ girlfriends faces. Nip it in the bud now.
As for drugs, get the dogs in.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 20:01 - Feb 12 with 1632 viewsbennytheblue

Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 19:19 - Feb 12 by Ajack_Kerouac

Bad parenting, bad education...we are not producing well rounded people who know right from wrong anymore, the young are being ignored, parked on games consoles and mobile phones (have been for about 20 years)...adults don't invest time with them, weak adults are too afraid to take a position on anything and impart wisdom...a lot of the time in schools and households it is the children who lead, not the other way around.
A shit show in general.
It's going to get worse.

Much worse. I have a few friends who are social workers. The amount of kids who have been abused during lockdown is off the scale, they can’t find enough foster parents to house them so they are be housed in these big hostel type places in the meantime. What sort of mess are these kids going to be in in 10/15 yrs time? It’s bad enough now in the city centre with them….
Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 20:16 - Feb 12 with 1604 viewsKilkennyjack

Johnson’s England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Beware of the Risen People

Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 20:40 - Feb 12 with 1574 viewsmax936

Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 19:19 - Feb 12 by Ajack_Kerouac

A shit show in general.
It's going to get worse.

Its never been any different, in my younger days we'd never say boo to a Policeman those days don't exist anymore, respect and manors are forgotten concepts.

Funny that you talk about game consoles etc, because I believe a lot of things stem from the games played on them by impressionable kids, who then believe they can do what the like without consequences, even to the point of intimidating their parents etc,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 20:43 - Feb 12 with 1567 views1jack

Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 20:01 - Feb 12 by bennytheblue

Much worse. I have a few friends who are social workers. The amount of kids who have been abused during lockdown is off the scale, they can’t find enough foster parents to house them so they are be housed in these big hostel type places in the meantime. What sort of mess are these kids going to be in in 10/15 yrs time? It’s bad enough now in the city centre with them….

Couldn't agree more. I work in schools, the amount of referrals to social services and mental health organisations has gone through the roof. The school youth worker I work with really cannot keep up, he said he can't try and prevent now, it's just fire fighting. T.a's., are struggling to get some kids through the day and on top of that, the horrible kids are verbally abusing them, knowing the consequences are minimal.
As well being a t.a., I used to be a foster carer too but had to give it up as there was no support from the system (not the social workers). It ended up the kids knew we had both our hands tied behind our backs and because of this we lost the kids to scum we would never have let our own kids mix with. So we gave up after the 2nd one , the hurt and frustration was way too much.
There is just so much wrong with the system now, it would take years to repair, especially as the government seem to behave how they want to without any cosequences too.
Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 22:49 - Feb 12 with 1491 viewsKilkennyjack

Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 20:43 - Feb 12 by 1jack

Couldn't agree more. I work in schools, the amount of referrals to social services and mental health organisations has gone through the roof. The school youth worker I work with really cannot keep up, he said he can't try and prevent now, it's just fire fighting. T.a's., are struggling to get some kids through the day and on top of that, the horrible kids are verbally abusing them, knowing the consequences are minimal.
As well being a t.a., I used to be a foster carer too but had to give it up as there was no support from the system (not the social workers). It ended up the kids knew we had both our hands tied behind our backs and because of this we lost the kids to scum we would never have let our own kids mix with. So we gave up after the 2nd one , the hurt and frustration was way too much.
There is just so much wrong with the system now, it would take years to repair, especially as the government seem to behave how they want to without any cosequences too.

Thats dreadful to read.
I am glad you are sharing the realities.

We are lost as a society.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 00:01 - Feb 13 with 1462 viewsAjack_Kerouac

It's not about money or resources, there has been plenty of money chucked at it...it's about the debasement of our culture.
We value the wrong things and do not invest our time on matters of genuine importance.

The fact that we have arrived at this point is not an accident. We replaced our values with another set of values. Those values required the debasement of the old values.
The new values have failed.
Our civilisation is now failing.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 08:04 - Feb 13 with 1401 viewsBillyChong

Untouchable Tories leading by example. If Boris and co break the law without repercussions what does that say to a 17 year old who fancies taking a flare to the football? Also social media must add to these arrests. Things were far worse 25+ years ago with less fans and less mobile phones.
Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 08:14 - Feb 13 with 1386 viewsKeithHaynes

Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 20:43 - Feb 12 by 1jack

Excellent post, thank you.

Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 09:19 - Feb 13 with 1340 views73__73

Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 19:53 - Feb 12 by builthjack

Give them long prison sentences. Get it all over the media that long sentences will be given for this nonsense. Police need to start tapping doors on a Sunday morning. See the parents/ girlfriends faces. Nip it in the bud now.
As for drugs, get the dogs in.

Nip it the the bud lol it’s been going on for decades.
I personally don’t think things are getting worse at all. Just some journalists etc, stirring crap.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 11:07 - Feb 13 with 1278 views1983

Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 20:16 - Feb 12 by Kilkennyjack

Non story of the week football hooliganism has been around for about 50-60yrs

Now kids getting stabbed to death by other kids in London on a very regular basis now that is news
[Post edited 13 Feb 2022 11:12]

Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 11:21 - Feb 13 with 1252 viewsNotLoyal

Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 11:07 - Feb 13 by 1983

Non story of the week football hooliganism has been around for about 50-60yrs

Now kids getting stabbed to death by other kids in London on a very regular basis now that is news
[Post edited 13 Feb 2022 11:12]

Genuine ? There’s a huge increase in incidents, especially over here. Usual politics doesn’t help. Yes, it’s been around for as long as most can recall but the fact it’s increasing is worthy of note 🤷🏻‍♂️

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 11:53 - Feb 13 with 1222 views1983

Young working class kids fighting young working class kids has been around forever whether is football,culture,fashion even music tastes

Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 12:30 - Feb 13 with 1180 viewsKeithHaynes

Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 11:53 - Feb 13 by 1983

Young working class kids fighting young working class kids has been around forever whether is football,culture,fashion even music tastes

This is very true, plus hundreds of people with mobile phones, social media, it will get more exposure.

Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 13:28 - Feb 13 with 1141 viewsTreforys_Jack

Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 20:16 - Feb 12 by Kilkennyjack

Strange xenophobic comment, how about Drakefords Wales ?
Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 15:46 - Feb 13 with 1076 viewsGwyn737

Yes. This is the reality.

It’s frightening how bad things need to get for a child before the threshold for intervention is met.
Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 15:49 - Feb 13 with 1063 viewsKeithHaynes

Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 15:46 - Feb 13 by Gwyn737

Yes. This is the reality.

It’s frightening how bad things need to get for a child before the threshold for intervention is met.

Damned if they do, damned if they dont.

Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 16:14 - Feb 13 with 997 viewsGwyn737

Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 15:49 - Feb 13 by KeithHaynes

Damned if they do, damned if they dont.

I don’t just mean removal, K. It’s incredibly hard just to get a child on a support plan.
Why is football seeing such a rise in issues at games on 16:15 - Feb 13 with 996 viewsCatullus

it is shocking and it does come from the top in my opinion. it's not just Johnsons England, as Kilky says, this has been coming for a lot longer. For decades we have allowed really poor people to govern us.
These people have watered down our laws, underfunded our essential services and set a terrible example themselves, lying, cheating, stealing, taking drugs, and using their positions as a get out clause. Johnson even tried to change the rules to protect his own from their vile behaviour.

Why (or) is anyone surprised that this awful example has spread to the rest of society.

You can be a good parent, try to bring your kids up properly but in the end you are not preparing them for the shitfest of a world they are going out into.

Kids can't take being told they are wrong, don't like being set rules, they give teachers grief, they verbally abuse police AND get away with it. I don't know if it's the video games but it's coming from somewhere.
Then we see that even when people are caught doing bad things there is hardly any punishment. Kids do see that grown ups are toothless so they stop caring.

Bojo isn't the architect of this nonsense but he has added fuel to the fire.

We saw this in the 70's and 80's, when society was damaged it came out at the football then. Now we've seen it at other sports, trouble at the rugby and horse racing even. We see workers abused simply for doing their jobs and we see the guardians of the law doing absurd, obscene and criminal things themselves.

I'm glad I'm older, I worry about my son but I'm grateful to have had a fairly decent, quiet life and wont have to deal with the world in 20 years because the way things are going, it's not going to be a world I want to be in.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024