Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flagged It Up. 19:36 - Sep 17 with 1542 viewsbwildered

I have in my possession a U’s flag from the South Stand.
If questions are asked in Parliament, Facebook or X it will be returned .
And No don’t ask !
I am innocent m’lord (just like George Davis ).
[Post edited 18 Sep 2023 8:57]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Flagged It Up. on 06:37 - Sep 19 with 1430 viewsnoah4x4

Might it be the corner flag kicked entirely out of the ground by the Mansfield player who evidently took his eyes off the ball for that set-piece? The ball didn’t move!

Exiles might not have picked this up on audio commentary, but it’s one of the best “what happened next” moments I have ever seen live.

As regards the many flags now appearing in the South Stand, have those responsible for Health & Safety considered the potential ramifications? I had my spectacles knocked off by a child about twelve who was waving a patently home made flag on a sharp wooded stick oblivious to those around him. I don’t want to be a sour puss, but there have to be some controls. I could have easily lost an eye. Yes, by all means let’s have the three large flags on the foot way behind the goal (like Chelsea or Arsenal), but dangerous smaller home made flags on sharp sticks have no place in the main body of the stand. Can’t we make do with the single giant flag that we used to pass overhead?
Flagged It Up. on 16:24 - Sep 25 with 1322 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Evidently four flags have gone missing from the stadium.

- One blue and white with a blue CUFC in the middle.
- One with blue background with white grid and darker blue and white crest.
- A blue striped one with a red Eagles across it.
- A yellow background with Colchester United in blue and white letters with a cartoon eagle in the centre.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Flagged It Up. on 06:58 - Sep 26 with 1277 viewswessex_exile

Flagged It Up. on 16:24 - Sep 25 by RSCOSWORTH

Evidently four flags have gone missing from the stadium.

- One blue and white with a blue CUFC in the middle.
- One with blue background with white grid and darker blue and white crest.
- A blue striped one with a red Eagles across it.
- A yellow background with Colchester United in blue and white letters with a cartoon eagle in the centre.

I do hope they get them back pronto. The BWA and S1 are doing a fantastic job bringing a real atmosphere to the ground, but they rely entirely on donations and fundraising where they can. Supporters may think “waahey, a free flag!”, but they have to be replaced using funds they really can’t afford to use/ potentially don’t even have. Worse still, if this persists game after game, they might quite rightly think why do we bother! Let’s hope whoever has them sees sense and returns the flags without any recriminations.

Pictures of the flags in the link:

[Post edited 26 Sep 2023 7:05]

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Flagged It Up. on 19:34 - Sep 26 with 1209 viewsghughes11

C'mon bwildered the games up!

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Flagged It Up. on 08:26 - Oct 2 with 1106 viewsbwildered

Red Eagles flag safely returned.

Flagged It Up. on 21:48 - Oct 2 with 1080 viewswessex_exile

Flagged It Up. on 08:26 - Oct 2 by bwildered

Red Eagles flag safely returned.

Well done chap!

Up the U's

Flagged It Up. on 09:39 - Oct 3 with 1050 viewsbwildered

No more cold sweats when there is a knock at the door, sleepless nights ( I wish ) or thinking I am being followed !
Actually the biggest worry was wether I might get refused entry with it last Saturday !
Now it is safety gathered in I can reveal the true story.

Names, faces might be changed .
The exclusive is ….

A known person near me at the Mansfield game had it in the stand when we arrived, they left with a few minutes to go only to leave the flag in the stadium.
On our departure we saw the flag and thinking it had been purchased, I ( taking the rap here ) inadvertently picked it up to return to owner. On getting to the car with it, the label was found which informed me that it was the property of BWA and should remain onsite.

A block bluster movie and book rights to follow, will be getting an agent . All royalties to go to …

Flagged It Up. on 18:23 - Jan 10 with 770 viewsbwildered

Sorry, but forget to flag this up earlier after the recent Gills fixture, but where were the flags in the South Stand ?
[Post edited 10 Jan 18:31]

Login to get fewer ads

Flagged It Up. on 18:37 - Jan 10 with 751 viewswessex_exile

Flagged It Up. on 18:23 - Jan 10 by bwildered

Sorry, but forget to flag this up earlier after the recent Gills fixture, but where were the flags in the South Stand ?

The BWA decided to postpone the event, stating "We don’t feel it is the right time for such a display nor are we happy about the current management’s lack of appreciation for the fanbase, particularly away from home". I think this was in part on the back of Matty Etherington's decision to refuse to even go over and acknowledge the away support at AFC Wimbledon after the game.

Safe to say it's back on for Saturday.

edit: they did apparently let the club know about this decision ahead of the Gillingham game.
[Post edited 10 Jan 18:40]

Up the U's

Flagged It Up. on 18:39 - Jan 10 with 748 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Flagged It Up. on 18:23 - Jan 10 by bwildered

They cancelled it in because they didn't feel it was the right thing to do due to feelings of the supporters at that time.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Flagged It Up. on 21:23 - Jan 10 with 706 viewsbwildered

Thanks boys for the clarification, and no, I do not have any at home if anybody wondered !
[Post edited 10 Jan 21:27]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024