Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goodbye Chef 15:34 - Oct 13 with 801 viewsburnsieespana

So the inevitable but still sad day has come with Sir Alistair Cook retiring.
Not the prettiest of batsman but certainly the best accumulator of runs England and Essex have ever had imo.
Thank you Chef for the last 20 years and enjoy retirement and working on your farm.
Goodbye Chef on 16:00 - Oct 13 with 788 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Definitely a sad day for English and Essex cricket. I was hoping he'd do another season.

What a player and what a role model. We'll probably never see another player like him. One of the very, very best.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Goodbye Chef on 20:55 - Oct 13 with 751 viewsgerry_us

Great guy. Will be sadly missed at Essex.
Glad to say I had a brief chat with him a couple of seasons ago when my nephew was umpiring at Chelmsford and he introduced me.
Sadly, my nephew gave him out LBW the following day when Chef was in his 90's. Never forgiven him!
Goodbye Chef on 16:19 - Oct 14 with 717 viewsLeadbelly

Goodbye Chef on 20:55 - Oct 13 by gerry_us

Great guy. Will be sadly missed at Essex.
Glad to say I had a brief chat with him a couple of seasons ago when my nephew was umpiring at Chelmsford and he introduced me.
Sadly, my nephew gave him out LBW the following day when Chef was in his 90's. Never forgiven him!

Still a better opening batter than any who have tried to replace him since international retirement.

Would have loved to see him next season but he’s retiring on his own terms so good luck to him for the future.

Well played Chef.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Goodbye Chef on 17:48 - Oct 14 with 700 viewsbwildered

Last of the opening master craftsmen. Been a credit to club and country, the only driving now will be on a John Deere.
Saw his first innings at Chelmsford and the last, it’s been a joy to watch . A player who got absolutely everything out of his talent .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024