Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? 14:38 - Dec 30 with 4628 viewsdurham_exile

Hopefully just an ugly rumour.

Without an adequate replacement, we can prepare for the unthinkable.

The irony is Luton would send him out to a championship club.

Gillingham home will mark both ME and JT's futures.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 15:01 - Dec 30 with 3729 viewswessex_exile

I’m not even certain I’ve heard it as a rumour tbh. Players are usually recalled because of an injury crisis at the parent club meaning the player is needed, and even then it has to be by mutual agreement. To try and recall Joe so they can loan him out to another club would be shabby in the extreme, which I can’t see Robbie agreeing to. I doubt Joe would be very happy either.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 15:35 - Dec 30 with 3717 viewsburnsieespana

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 15:01 - Dec 30 by wessex_exile

I’m not even certain I’ve heard it as a rumour tbh. Players are usually recalled because of an injury crisis at the parent club meaning the player is needed, and even then it has to be by mutual agreement. To try and recall Joe so they can loan him out to another club would be shabby in the extreme, which I can’t see Robbie agreeing to. I doubt Joe would be very happy either.

Don't think Luton are in any way a shabby club. If they do recall JT it will because they can see his ability to score goals but whether he can do it in Premiership is another matter.
Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 15:56 - Dec 30 with 3704 viewsLeadbelly

Etherington has said plans are in place should Taylor be recalled. That suggests it could happen.

Looking at it from Luton’s perspective they may feel Taylor’s development is being hindered playing in a struggling side where coaching seems very limited. To protect his and their interests a recall followed by a possible loan elsewhere may be prudent. Let’s face it, there will be plenty of interest in a young striker who has scored double figures in the first half of the season for a struggling side that doesn’t play to his strengths.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 21:34 - Dec 30 with 3646 viewswessex_exile

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 15:56 - Dec 30 by Leadbelly

Etherington has said plans are in place should Taylor be recalled. That suggests it could happen.

Looking at it from Luton’s perspective they may feel Taylor’s development is being hindered playing in a struggling side where coaching seems very limited. To protect his and their interests a recall followed by a possible loan elsewhere may be prudent. Let’s face it, there will be plenty of interest in a young striker who has scored double figures in the first half of the season for a struggling side that doesn’t play to his strengths.

I totally get the point, but I'm almost certain he won't be recalled. I guess it depends on what their objective for the loan was in the first place? If it was for regular game time and scoring goals, they'll be happy, so why change it? And no, Burnsie, I don't think Luton are that shabby club to call him back just to loan him out at a higher level, that was my point. Of course we have to have a contingency in place in case of the possibility, but why recall him to be a benchwarmer at a higher level, it makes no sense at all.

Up the U's

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 10:58 - Dec 31 with 3569 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Joe Taylor is an instinctive striker - one of a rare breed in the modern game. He is more than capable of scoring 25 goals plus a season playing at this level. I should imagine his value has rocketed up since the beginning of the season.

Colchester United have a habit of signing a large contingent of loanees, many of whom soon fall by the wayside, but Taylor has proved to be one of the best acquisitions in the past 10 years.

Should he be recalled by Luton Town the club will be hard pressed to replace him.
Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 12:30 - Dec 31 with 3457 viewsburnsieespana

We could of course 'bet the house' on him' and use Junior's transfer monies.
Unlikely as be a considerable step down as JT will be dreaming of scoring in the Premiership or the Championship next year.
In our position we will struggle to get quality players in and looming back over the last 6 months how we should have retained Chambers but suspect Garner wanted him out as no doubt he wS a strong voice in the dressing room.
Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 19:00 - Dec 31 with 3283 viewsbwildered

Tom Nicolls to score for the Gills, with such irony that it might be second time it removes ME from a managerial position .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 10:49 - Jan 1 with 3195 viewsburnsieespana

Friend of mine who follows Luton very closely says no rumours of them recalling Tatlor as of today.
Let us hope this remains the situation and Joe goes on and bags another 15 goals to keep.us up but most importantly for this we need to.play to his strengths.
Login to get fewer ads

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 17:23 - Jan 1 with 3112 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Taylor has been recalled by Luton Town.
Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 17:30 - Jan 1 with 3107 viewsLeadbelly

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 17:23 - Jan 1 by SparkfilmsTV

Can’t say I’m surprised.

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 17:30 - Jan 1 with 3107 viewswessex_exile

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 17:23 - Jan 1 by SparkfilmsTV

Yeah - just seen that! Okay, so I was wrong, but it still doesn't really make any sense?

Up the U's

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 18:19 - Jan 1 with 3043 viewsCrashBandicoot

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 17:30 - Jan 1 by wessex_exile

Yeah - just seen that! Okay, so I was wrong, but it still doesn't really make any sense?

He was probably fed up with the useless management at the club and idiotic tactics.

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 21:10 - Jan 1 with 2879 viewsdurham_exile

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 17:30 - Jan 1 by wessex_exile

As I said in my post he will go to a championship club

But it's worse than that he will go to League One!

I suspect that he will be remembered more for his missed opportunity today than any of the goals that he did score.

Good luck Joe Taylor.

I will always remember his goal at Accrington which was pure class.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 21:24 - Jan 1 with 2865 viewsthrillseeker

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 21:10 - Jan 1 by durham_exile

As I said in my post he will go to a championship club

But it's worse than that he will go to League One!

I suspect that he will be remembered more for his missed opportunity today than any of the goals that he did score.

Good luck Joe Taylor.

I will always remember his goal at Accrington which was pure class.

Up the U's

DE - Taylor at this moment is no where near Championship level.

Although it is bad news he is leaving
Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 23:52 - Jan 1 with 2804 viewsdurham_exile

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 21:24 - Jan 1 by thrillseeker

DE - Taylor at this moment is no where near Championship level.

Although it is bad news he is leaving

I understand a new striker will sign tomorrow.

Joe Taylor was outstanding, the best striker we have had since Jamie Cureton.

I am really sorry to see him go.

Our club simply must survive.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 08:19 - Jan 2 with 2752 viewsnoah4x4

There should be a debate,….

1. Has Colchester Utd become too dependent on loanees?

2. Is the merry go round of internally appointed managers and failure culture destroying our reputation as a good nursery for loanees?

3. Imagine we had secured promotion with so many loanees and all then left?

4. Given the poor record of our youth teams (starved of management consistency?) is our Academy working?

Cowling must look at his role and that of Ball, Halajko, Hussey and Embleton in answering these questions. Until concluded, we have only one destination - down.
Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 09:29 - Jan 2 with 2725 viewsbwildered

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 19:00 - Dec 31 by bwildered

Tom Nicolls to score for the Gills, with such irony that it might be second time it removes ME from a managerial position .

Almost got it correct !

The recall of Taylor, current Luton manager to move him on to another, but indirectly help his former club in their own relegation battle .

Surely ME’s replacement should be choosing new striker ?

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 12:40 - Jan 2 with 2668 viewsbwildered

COLCHESTER United have been linked with a loan move for West Ham United's highly-rated striker Callum Marshall.

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 19:14 - Jan 3 with 2475 viewsbwildered

Colchester United have signed striker Conor Wilkinson.

The striker has been signed from Scottish Premiership side Motherwell for an undisclosed fee, having been with the Steelmen for the past six months.

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 19:36 - Jan 3 with 2452 viewsburnsieespana

Looks a decent signing.
Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 19:41 - Jan 3 with 2446 viewsthrillseeker

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 19:36 - Jan 3 by burnsieespana

Looks a decent signing.

I'm not convinced but will support him and hope he returns to the former player he was before his serious ACL injury.
Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 20:06 - Jan 3 with 2428 viewswessex_exile

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 19:41 - Jan 3 by thrillseeker

I'm not convinced but will support him and hope he returns to the former player he was before his serious ACL injury.

I'm more upbeat about this signing. He had a lot of short term loan deals in his younger days, which don't really help his overall goal-scoring stats, but he looks a reasonably solid 10+ goals per season striker since he settled down a bit at Leyton Orient in 2019. His ACL was at Walsall, and one can only assume he has fully recovered from that, given SPL Motherwell took him on a 2-year deal last summer, and he's scored 3 in 14 with them in the first half of the season.

Welcome Conor, looking forward to seeing you open your account for the U's at Swindon on Saturday!

Up the U's

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 20:26 - Jan 3 with 2409 viewsLeadbelly

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 20:06 - Jan 3 by wessex_exile

I'm more upbeat about this signing. He had a lot of short term loan deals in his younger days, which don't really help his overall goal-scoring stats, but he looks a reasonably solid 10+ goals per season striker since he settled down a bit at Leyton Orient in 2019. His ACL was at Walsall, and one can only assume he has fully recovered from that, given SPL Motherwell took him on a 2-year deal last summer, and he's scored 3 in 14 with them in the first half of the season.

Welcome Conor, looking forward to seeing you open your account for the U's at Swindon on Saturday!

53 goals in 257 games is positively prolific when compared with our current alleged goal scorers. If Conor can stay fit he could be a decent addition. 6’3” as well.

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 13:17 - Jan 5 with 2246 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Anybody else heard that he's still training with us and might play tomorrow? There's not been an official announcement from either club has there?

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 13:50 - Jan 5 with 2229 viewswessex_exile

Luton to recall Joe Taylor in January? on 13:17 - Jan 5 by RSCOSWORTH

Anybody else heard that he's still training with us and might play tomorrow? There's not been an official announcement from either club has there?

I saw a sniff of a rumour on the OMB that he might be back, or at least not quite gone, but that's it. Tbh, Luton may well have had a rethink following yesterdays appointment, it would make sense if they have.

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024