Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Start 2024 as we mean to go on with a home win. Up the U's 12:45 - Jan 1 with 1855 viewsdurham_exile

Today marks our most important game of the year so far!

1st January 2024 Gillingham at Home in a must win game. Stephen Clemence brings his stuttering Gills side to the JCS where he will lock horns with ME his former Spurs team mate.

The Wimbledon horror show is now consigned to history as is 2023. It is now up to Management and the players to get us out of this current struggle. The fourth year running that we have battled relegation.

Fortunately, Sutton and FGR are both awful and so it is all about putting clear points between us and them. 21 games left of yet another shocking season. The ultimate insult too is being described as the Man Utd of League Two. We’re not that bad (yet).

At Plough Lane it was the normal Jekyll and Hyde performance (or perhaps that should be Jekyll and Hide because we were anonymous in the second half).

Frankly it is embarrassing and disheartening. Another season of Great Expectation has seen us once again fall upon Hard Times and we now find ourselves in a very Bleak House. No wonder the faithful are asking just what the Dickens is going on at CO4 5UP.

Rumours of Luton Town considering Joe Taylor’s loan agreement are adding to the unrest. We can however have no complaints if the Kenilworth Road club recall him. It is a mark of Taylor’s brilliance that despite his isolation in an underperforming side he has still managed 11 league goals this season. Frankly he must stay but ME (or whoever takes over in January if results do not improve) must give him a strike partner.

Let us be clear, since obtaining the post full time ME has been dreadful in club management. He skulks away at the end of games. He looks bloody miserable during the game and he does nothing to endear himself to the faithful. He lacks the ability to start with a strong team and fails to make key substitutions during the game. Why does he dislike Bradley Ihionvien so much. Bradley is a supporters favourite and has a bright future in the game. Get him alongside Taylor in attack.

Yes injuries have been unhelpful, but is it down to the training or fitness regimes.

Samson Tovide out for 12 weeks
Manny Egbo out for 8 weeks
Kells out for 8 weeks
Lawrence likely out for the season
Mingi out for 5 weeks
Bandeira still not fit?

Half the team out injured is shocking and unlucky, some might view it as careless.

Still some good news Owura Edwards is considered fit, The exciting winger should get some minutes at home to Gillingham today.

Drop Greenidge and Chilvers, McGeehan suspended after a stupid second booking at Wimbledon. Give Edwards 30 minutes second half. Start with Bradley Ihionvien. Give Akinde 20 minutes towards the end of the game.

ME has this game to save his job. Defeat and he must go, a win and we soldier on.
22 points now dropped from winning positions and late goals conceded in 14 games this season.

Team selection:

Goodman

Dallison Mitchell Hall Iandolo

Fevrier Read Jay

Cooper

Taylor Ihionvien

Subs:
Akinde Hornby Kazeem Chilvers Greenidge Edwards Lowe

Table:
Doncaster 24 25
Salford 24 23
COL U 25 23
Sutton 24 17
FGR 23 16

What hurt more than anything else at Wimbledon (which I watched on iFollow) were the celebrations at the end of the game by the Dons players. Frankly I’m fed up this season of watching the other side celebrate at the end of the game. Give our supporters something to celebrate today.

Today can be a rare double over a team.

I say 3-0 Colchester, but only if ME is brave and stops the defensive minded play which simply sucks the life out of us.

Colchester weather today will be 8 degrees Celsius dry and sunny. Perfect for New Year’s day football.

Don’t forget Exiles the game is on iFollow.

A bumper crowd to witness a U’s win and double of the season.

Enjoy the game.

Happy New Year.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Start 2024 as we mean to go on with a home win. Up the U's on 18:18 - Jan 1 with 458 viewsCrashBandicoot

Start 2024 as we mean to go on with a home win. Up the U's on 17:38 - Jan 1 by noah4x4

Transfer window.
1. Replace Akinde and Hopper.
2. Let Chilvers go - his heart isn’t in it.
3. Not surprised Miranda got MOM. Where’s he been?
4. Edwards looked encouraging.

Our problem at the back is that Chilvers and Fevrier lose the ball too easily when we are overly committed forward. Three at the back leaves us exposed down the flanks.

I've got a better idea, replace the useless head coach, management team and owner. The sooner all are gone the better....

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Start 2024 as we mean to go on with a home win. Up the U's on 18:30 - Jan 1 with 435 viewsbwildered

From going one down cannot do a hard press. Marley needs to be more aggressive when in possession, had to sit deep while Read got forward . Again no quality from the wide areas, where Fevrier continued not to deliver, nobody had the common sense to try him on the alternative side. Too many guys at the back.
Visitors took their opportunity, we did not make any. Another routine home defeat, now all to common.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Start 2024 as we mean to go on with a home win. Up the U's on 21:31 - Jan 1 with 301 viewsthrillseeker

Start 2024 as we mean to go on with a home win. Up the U's on 15:38 - Jan 1 by wessex_exile

Lovely move too, shows the value of having Akinde on the pitch. Pretty even for now, took a while for it to really get going.

Akinde did one thing all game which you highlight but overall he was sh!t

He is so overweight I wonder if we have a dietician and fitness coach at club
Start 2024 as we mean to go on with a home win. Up the U's on 21:55 - Jan 1 with 280 viewsnoah4x4

Start 2024 as we mean to go on with a home win. Up the U's on 21:31 - Jan 1 by thrillseeker

Akinde did one thing all game which you highlight but overall he was sh!t

He is so overweight I wonder if we have a dietician and fitness coach at club

Same dietitian that buys the pies and gives Green King the pouring rights. Clueless.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024