Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Essex Senior Cup 22:17 - Feb 7 with 2745 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Colchester United could still meet Maldon & Tiptree in the final at The Jobserve Stadium in March with both sides winning tonight.

Jamie Cureton came on as a late sub for The Jammers!
[Post edited 7 Feb 22:18]
Essex Senior Cup on 09:38 - Feb 8 with 1684 viewswessex_exile

I had to go check that one for myself. He’s 48 ffs! That must also mean (I assume) he’s registered as a player for the Jammers? Amazing!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Essex Senior Cup on 09:51 - Feb 8 with 1678 viewsburnsieespana

We put out a strong side against Buckhurst including likes of Smoth, Cooper and Edwards.
Essex Senior Cup on 20:51 - Feb 8 with 1632 viewsghughes11

Extensive match action here:

and just the goals here:

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Essex Senior Cup on 10:28 - Feb 9 with 1599 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Hashtag United in the Semi Finals. The self proclaimed biggest club in Essex.
[Post edited 9 Feb 10:28]

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Essex Senior Cup on 11:14 - Feb 9 with 1576 viewsbwildered

Not well publicised, did not know this last round was due to take place and nothing on coming fixtures on OWS.
In recent years final has been played at the Community Stadium, but perhaps a neutral venue be required by Essex FA if the U’s progress to the final.
Hashtag, the home of former U’s player Greg Halford .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Essex Senior Cup on 11:37 - Feb 9 with 1575 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Essex Senior Cup on 11:14 - Feb 9 by bwildered

Not well publicised, did not know this last round was due to take place and nothing on coming fixtures on OWS.
In recent years final has been played at the Community Stadium, but perhaps a neutral venue be required by Essex FA if the U’s progress to the final.
Hashtag, the home of former U’s player Greg Halford .

Yeah it always seems to go under the radar a little. Sam Cornish is also there and Joey Keith is assistant manager. Not sure if there are any other Col U connections.

Essex Senior Cup on 13:07 - Feb 9 with 1550 viewsTheOldOakTree

Essex Senior Cup on 20:51 - Feb 8 by ghughes11

Extensive match action here:

and just the goals here:

Is it Dyer getting his arse handed to him on a plate on 5.00mins?

He would be a prime candidate for a Blue Card.

When a pub team footballer makes you look very non-league, what should you do?

a) pull your finger out and knuckle down hoping it will be forgotten.

b) draw attention to yourself by being a right vindictive #### and potentially let your team down.

I'm guessing the U's diciplinary problems won't be going away anytime soon.

Surely there must be an opening for a temperament analyst at the club and an anger management coach?
[Post edited 9 Feb 13:17]
Essex Senior Cup on 21:55 - Feb 13 with 1442 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Maldon & Tiptree confirmed their place in the BBC Essex Senior Cup Semi Final tonight but only just, beating Little Oakley 2-1 with the winner coming in the 98th minute.

Attendance 112

( Not sure if Jamie Cureton came on tonight but he was on the bench ).
Login to get fewer ads

Essex Senior Cup on 11:42 - Feb 20 with 1333 viewsburnsieespana

I like DC's attitude towards winning the ESC something previous Managers not really been interested in.
Essex Senior Cup on 12:56 - Feb 20 with 1302 viewsSparkfilmsTV

We should show respect for The Essex Senior Cup with the intention of winning it every season!

It was once known as The Essex Professional Cup and was a great little tournament.

I visited New Written Street back in the 60's where Chelmsford City beat Colchester United in the final - 6-3!

The Clarets had a really strong side back then. The crowd that night was well over 6,000. I recall Tony Butcher as an outstanding player for Chelmsford City.

I also recall an away match at Romford, also in the sixties where Romford disposed of a strong Colchester United side 8-3! I think Ted Phillips scored the three for Colchester.

Having family in Romford l was often reminded of this.

I spent quite a bit of time in the area back then and remember a classic FA Cup tie at a packed Brooklands where Gillingham emerged as winners by a single goal.

My reason for hanging out there was partly due to a fab music venue - The King's Head. Saw Black Sabbath virtually take the roof off the building....also Sam Apple Pie, Blodwyn Pig, Family and quite a few more.

My second home was in Carlton Road, Gidea Park.

We used to see Graham Gooch jogging past sometimes Dedicated to the cause!

He deserved all the success that came his way!

😊😊
Essex Senior Cup on 18:44 - Feb 20 with 1272 viewswessex_exile

It's a pity the club aren't/can't stream the Hashtag game - I would fancy watching this one.

Up the U's

Essex Senior Cup on 20:14 - Feb 20 with 1245 viewswessex_exile

Essex Senior Cup on 18:44 - Feb 20 by wessex_exile

It's a pity the club aren't/can't stream the Hashtag game - I would fancy watching this one.

Hashtag took an early lead, but Brad has just equalised from a Matt Jay free-kick.

Up the U's

Essex Senior Cup on 20:21 - Feb 20 with 1244 viewsMoor_Pinot

Essex Senior Cup on 12:56 - Feb 20 by SparkfilmsTV

We should show respect for The Essex Senior Cup with the intention of winning it every season!

It was once known as The Essex Professional Cup and was a great little tournament.

I visited New Written Street back in the 60's where Chelmsford City beat Colchester United in the final - 6-3!

The Clarets had a really strong side back then. The crowd that night was well over 6,000. I recall Tony Butcher as an outstanding player for Chelmsford City.

I also recall an away match at Romford, also in the sixties where Romford disposed of a strong Colchester United side 8-3! I think Ted Phillips scored the three for Colchester.

Having family in Romford l was often reminded of this.

I spent quite a bit of time in the area back then and remember a classic FA Cup tie at a packed Brooklands where Gillingham emerged as winners by a single goal.

My reason for hanging out there was partly due to a fab music venue - The King's Head. Saw Black Sabbath virtually take the roof off the building....also Sam Apple Pie, Blodwyn Pig, Family and quite a few more.

My second home was in Carlton Road, Gidea Park.

We used to see Graham Gooch jogging past sometimes Dedicated to the cause!

He deserved all the success that came his way!

😊😊

Some really good bands there Sparkfilms. Wonderful period in our music history.
And even now they're still good. ( I get to see Wishbone Ash annually, they sell out every venue and remain a sensation).

Rock on!

Moor Pinot

Essex Senior Cup on 21:01 - Feb 20 with 1233 viewswessex_exile

Two quick goals for the U's, Conor Wilkinson and then Brad with his second give the U's a 3-1 lead in the ESC semi-final.

Up the U's

Essex Senior Cup on 21:02 - Feb 20 with 1233 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Actually following tonight's match in the bath reading the live feed from The Gazette.

Some aspects of the modern world l certainly approve of.

There is a dog called 'Hashtag' who lives nearby.

Did a xxxx in my garden last week. Easier to dispose of that myself as the lady owner
doesn't seem too keen. Especially with her being a beautician ( of sorts ).

🦮🦮😳😳
Essex Senior Cup on 22:00 - Feb 20 with 1187 viewswessex_exile

Essex Senior Cup on 21:02 - Feb 20 by SparkfilmsTV

Actually following tonight's match in the bath reading the live feed from The Gazette.

Some aspects of the modern world l certainly approve of.

There is a dog called 'Hashtag' who lives nearby.

Did a xxxx in my garden last week. Easier to dispose of that myself as the lady owner
doesn't seem too keen. Especially with her being a beautician ( of sorts ).

🦮🦮😳😳

Late goal for Hashtag to make it a nervy added time, but the U's held on 3-2 to make it to the final! Bravo lads (and seniors)!

Up the U's

Essex Senior Cup on 22:02 - Feb 20 with 1186 viewsburnsieespana

This is good for the club.
Essex Senior Cup on 22:20 - Feb 20 with 1173 viewsbwildered

A run out for several players on the verge of the first team. Two goals conceded at both ends of the game could have made it embarrassing, but the U’s were firmly in control between both goals . Run out for most hoping to get a first team call if they could get past the loanees.

Essex Senior Cup on 08:48 - Feb 21 with 1126 viewsthrillseeker

Essex Senior Cup on 22:20 - Feb 20 by bwildered

A run out for several players on the verge of the first team. Two goals conceded at both ends of the game could have made it embarrassing, but the U’s were firmly in control between both goals . Run out for most hoping to get a first team call if they could get past the loanees.

A fairly enjoyable game - we struggled early on and in final 10-15 minutes once experienced players taken off but during middle of match we looked reasonably comfortable.

Had the misfortune of having the children and their drum sit a few rows behind me in W2. I won't make that mistake again.

Marshall Miranda was probably my MOTM
Essex Senior Cup on 09:45 - Feb 21 with 1116 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Essex Senior Cup on 08:48 - Feb 21 by thrillseeker

A fairly enjoyable game - we struggled early on and in final 10-15 minutes once experienced players taken off but during middle of match we looked reasonably comfortable.

Had the misfortune of having the children and their drum sit a few rows behind me in W2. I won't make that mistake again.

Marshall Miranda was probably my MOTM

I'm in agreement with that. Didn't think the fringe players did a lot to enhance their case for a start in the first team and Hornby punching it into his own goal after a minute didn't help either.

We had a similar misfortune as we were sitting right next to them, not a pleasant experience. We moved into W3 at half time and had a much more enjoyable second half.

I also thought Marshall Miranda was the best player on the pitch.

Essex Senior Cup on 09:50 - Feb 21 with 1111 viewsRSCOSWORTH

The view from a young Hashtag fan.

Essex Senior Cup on 11:06 - Feb 21 with 1098 viewsbwildered

Full credit to the excellent film by the young Hashtag fan, hope he goes to enjoy his football in the future .

Just two gripes, stadium announcers thinks we were all deaf and probably all are after enduring the drum ! Guy moved and sat next to me before the start after realising his seat was also next to the beating drum .
On the football front - Agree with the other contributors Marley was MOTM, got stuck in when required, Jay was industrious, while Ihionvein needs to now up his mental approach, ( another needless booking ) .
[Post edited 21 Feb 11:07]

Essex Senior Cup on 14:01 - Feb 21 with 1068 viewsSparkfilmsTV

What a fab little film by the young Hashtag fan!

This underpins why The BBC Essex Senior Cup is so relevant across the county and what it means to clubs and supporters on multiple levels.

It would be great if the clubs could meet up again in a pre season friendly.

All respect due to Hashtag United and their loyal fans.
Essex Senior Cup on 20:29 - Feb 21 with 1029 viewswessex_exile

Just to add, great vlog from that young Hashtag supporter.

Up the U's

Essex Senior Cup on 21:41 - Feb 21 with 1015 viewsSparkfilmsTV

I have contacted Hashtag United to let them know that the fab video by their young fan has a home on this forum.

I have also left a message on his YouTube site to express my appreciation of his work.

He captures something in the spirit of the modern game that l find really uplifting.

I hope the team at BBC Essex are aware of this as it can only be a positive for their involvement in this great little competition.
[Post edited 21 Feb 21:50]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024